Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pro Irelias, Report in

Creator: Checkem August 21, 2011 10:42pm
Checkem
<Member>
Checkem's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:42pm | Report
ok, so i just recently bought Irelia. I always though she was a fun champion to play and when ive seen the carry irelias on my enemy teams they sometimes tend to build tanky. Pretty much Tanky DPS.

Is this really how she works?
If now, how do you guys build her?
and what is your play style in team fights?

Also, what kind of build do you feel more comfortable using?

I tend to go a little hybrid but thats just me.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 12:19am | Report
Irelia's a pretty flexible champion. A lot of people will just build Trinity Force and maybe Wit's End and just build tanky from there. Generally the items you get are situational, designed to counter the enemy team. If your team needs more offense, by all means, pick up some offensive items (Hybrid or AD items, not AP). Irelia will be pretty survivable and pretty powerful no matter how you build her, just make sure you farm up a lot.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
SirSpankAlot
<Member>
SirSpankAlot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 3:27am | Report
Irelia is a top tier solo top.
She usually farms like hell and gets trinity force and from there on she usually builds a nice mix of damage and durability.
I'll just tell how i build her :P

(and yes tanky dps is the way to go or build even more tanky)

-mercury treads
-trinity force
-banshees veil
-randuin's omen
-atma's impaler
-shurelya's revery/guardian's angel

The way i play her is just dashing past the tank and go straight for their support/ad carry/ap carry. it might be stupid for them to focus you (seeming i'm quite a tanky irelia) but on the otherhand you really dish out alot of damage and not focussing equals them being killed. and irelia seriously is hard to take out and she's nearly unaffected by CC
Thanks to Plickz and Alexanpt for the awesome Sigs!
And check out my build on skarner
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 8:08am | Report
The Trinity pretty much covers up for the damage you have to deal for a long time. From there just build tanky, however as said above, if your team is lacking some damage, getting an item like Hextech Gunblade might be the answer(Basically, because of the amounts of health regain as well as the Active).

I almost always build Guardian's Angel, as the item really adds a lot for you. You can basically allow yourself to be a bit more risky, not to mention it makes the enemy prioritise targets other than you, or in the best case scenario they'll be left at a spot, where you're completely killing them, and your teammates are harmable because you are in the way. That'll make them want to focus your teammates, whereas you, combined with teamwork from your team will be able to pretty much rape 'em all. (Excuse the expression)

Ofc there are differences between a good and a bad Irelia, but yeah. It also depends a lot on your team, and how well you synergize with eachother.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Maphis
<Member>
Maphis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 5:02pm | Report
Like Kirluu said just get trinity and build tank after that. Irrelia does alot of damage thanks to her W (true damage) so you really don't need anything besides trinity for damage. If you got like 2 tank items though it's wise to build a hybrid item like Wit's End or Atma's Impaler because if you're that late in the game you can start to fall of.
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 12:38pm | Report
Ye, I think everybody agrees to rush trinity force and after that the rest is situational. But it's important to rlly get it fast because before tf ur dmg ain't to high. Always make sure u get the solo top lane for better farm. And dont overextend at the beginning since she is a quite vunerable champ till trinity. Her hiten style regen isn't too high.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 2:29pm | Report
If you don't want to play the Trinity Force style, you can max W and rush a Youmuu's Ghostblade as well for an auto attack heavy focused style.
RayDaBomb
<Member>
RayDaBomb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 2:37pm | Report
Tanky DPS is so much fun.
You have just had the pleasure of basking in the glory that is me.

How does that make you feel?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide