Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"Screenshots in Guides"

Creator: Xaioli May 29, 2011 3:17am
Brentaxe
<Member>
Brentaxe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 4:35am | Report
Boosh your signature is quite creative, may i ask where you acquired it from?
this place is a dump
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 4:52am | Report
"something else about elo keeping it on topic, it's not luck baddies ^^ "

all from Xiaowiriamu, apart from nyan cats I stole from xaio, dont get off topic!
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 5:46am | Report
Well, solo queue is largely luck. You do need a team to win it and making it out of Elo hell definitely requires luck or some buddies with which to roflstomp pubbies. Now, what you point out regarding baddies lucking out and getting carried out of Elo hell is that luck always runs out, but to get out of Elo hell you need to get the luck in the first place. You also have to keep in mind that to improve you need to go against decent players and if the only way you can get against them is with a bunch of nublets you aren't really gonna make it anywhere as they'll just nom nom on your allies and easily win and you'll drop lower and won't face them anymore. So let's assume you get against such baddies that you manage to roflstomp them and get back up to facing the decent opponents that you can learn something from. Now you're reliant on luck again to not have noobs and get your butt whipped again. It CAN be an endless cycle.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 6:00am | Report

Well, solo queue is largely luck. You do need a team to win it and making it out of Elo hell definitely requires luck or some buddies with which to roflstomp pubbies. Now, what you point out regarding baddies lucking out and getting carried out of Elo hell is that luck always runs out, but to get out of Elo hell you need to get the luck in the first place. You also have to keep in mind that to improve you need to go against decent players and if the only way you can get against them is with a bunch of nublets you aren't really gonna make it anywhere as they'll just nom nom on your allies and easily win and you'll drop lower and won't face them anymore. So let's assume you get against such baddies that you manage to roflstomp them and get back up to facing the decent opponents that you can learn something from. Now you're reliant on luck again to not have noobs and get your butt whipped again. It CAN be an endless cycle.

No such thing as "ELO Hell"

Your elo doesn't represent your ability to do well as a single person, it represents your ability to win games.

In solo queue 5v5 it represents your ability to win games, and lead your team, or ability to follow directions as a team, and ban properly if you're the captain, and all those things.

It means almost nothing about your personal skill in the game.

TL;DR: If you're "stuck" at 1000 elo, it's because you belong there.
Tri lane for life.
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 6:51am | Report
You say that as though you're the only one who has any effect on the outcome of a game. You can only lead a team that's willing to be lead. Trust me, I've been trained in leading infantry units. If people don't want to listen ****'s going to get ugly. You ever played a game and tried to give the team some direction and have one of these guys that goes "you talk too much, stfu" or something to that extent? Go ahead and lead that team to victory. I'd say in the end it takes at least four to win and at least three to lose. Three because you can have two guys do well but three empty suits just drags you down too much and you can in fact win a four versus five. It's highly unlikely, but it is doable.

Stop acting like I'm crying because I'm stuck at a ****ty Elo rating. I'm speaking about Elo on a theoretical level. If you can't come up with anything better than "low Elo means you suck, period." then just move along to another discussion. I have yet to see any argument that refutes my point that "Elo is a rating for one person in a team game". Give me one good reason that it's okay and I'll listen to you. Just stop with your blind flaming though.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 6:54am | Report

How is it luck when high elo players have proven to us on many occasions that you can carry a whole team on your back, STOP SAYING LUCK, like i said it's probably on of the smallest factor in a game.
you have no proof that solo queue is largely luck, yes people are ****ing **** but there is proof from the best players that you can carry yourself out if your good enough, the only luck is you can get semi sane people with some common sense and you can win if you are good enough.
your point is you get baddies when you try and pass the good people, that is such a small percentage to getting average people that YOU have to be good enough to carry them, and for that reason luck is not involved.
**** I hate that word now. Chance is the word you people should be using X in a X amount of chance to get baddies or w/e excuse you wanna use.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 6:57am | Report
but we are debateing elo in THIS game, primarily solo queue, proving you win the games YOU are in... maybe 1300 elo is the amount you (you in general) can win your games, 50/50
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 7:34am | Report
How bout I just throw out an instance there for you people. A personal experience :D

I have a smurf account, woop de doo. Let's think about the players I'll be playing with as "ELO Hell", as they're all bad and they all ****ing suck cause they're new to the game (except for the other obvious smurfers but usually those players are still really ****ing bad).

I solo queue and I pick Master Yi because he's free this week. One of my teammates leave. Caitlyn doesn't know what the **** she's building (amplifying tome? really?) and I'm 8/0 because the OTHER TEAM is full of bad players, too. So my team has "feeders/leavers" and I'm 8/0 because I have enough skill to win my lane and gank other lanes for my teammates, too. As the game progresses the other team starts hunting me down, soon I'm 20/8 from 18/2. At this point most people would just give up and be like "well yea we lost it was 4v5 and my team fed". No, at this point I thought "Well what the **** can I do in this situation?". And I proceed to carry by backdooring. As they're beating away at my nexus without super minion support, I'm using everything I can to hit their Nexus and because I won my lane and help my other lanes while in the process getting more fed, I was able to carry my team.

Yea I'm on a team full of idiots but you have to consider that the other team is also full of idiots because they're all around the same skill level. If you truly deserve to get a higher rating, you'll win more games because YOU'RE doing something right.

inb4 "Oh well that's smurfing" or "Oh, so apparently B-Wong is 2000 ELO". That's not the point here, the point is that I had enough skill to carry my entire team to victory. Victories = more ELO. More ELO = You have better skill. It's not a "lucky" game.

orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 7:53am | Report
I find it funny that people always talk about luck in games and such... there's pretty much no RNG on this game (except dodges, crits and minion pushing strength if left alone)... luck doesn't equate into this game.

Regarding the OP... why post screenshots and ELO if you can post replays and alike? That'd be the best way to prove your guide works, right? :P
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 7:56am | Report
orochinagi wrote:

I find it funny that people always talk about luck in games and such... there's pretty much no RNG on this game (except dodges, crits and minion pushing strength if left alone)... luck doesn't equate into this game.

Regarding the OP... why post screenshots and ELO if you can post replays and alike? That'd be the best way to prove your guide works, right? :P

Well, it depends, again. If you post up replays but people see that your play is terrible then why would they use your build?

If they post up their ELO and it's terrible, why would they use your build? It all goes hand in hand.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide