Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"Screenshots in Guides"

Creator: Xaioli May 29, 2011 3:17am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 16 24
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 3:17am | Report
Big "cringe factor" to me when I see guides.

Everybody likes to post screenshots on their guides. The thing is, I always see ranked games/normal games screenshots. What always bothers me is this.

Almost every time I see a "ranked game" stat, no one posts their elo. I post mine. There's a difference between a screenshot from a 400 elo game, and a 1600 elo game. REAL BIG.

When it comes to normal games, elo matters too. I personally hate/disapprove normal game screenies because who honestly takes normal games seriously. Real trolls. It's like you can get fed once from people just ****ing around, and be like, oh hey! Look at my guide guys! That one game totally made it valid!!! Even though my normal elo win spread is 210+, I still disapprove normal game screenies. However, if you do, please share your normal win loss. Again, there's a real big difference between a player that is 50 games low and a player like myself that is 210 plus.

Anyways, I'm stuck and winded into the 'elo thought'. You're right, I am. I'm just really sick of seeing 'good scores' on guides only to find out that person is 1100 elo. 1000 elo, 900, etc etc. I know some of you do it to help. Cool, but if you're going to "help", share your elo. Let the readers know what level of gameplay they are reading/learning from.

TL;DR : IF YOU POST SCREENSHOTS ON YOUR GUIDES, REGARDLESS IF THEY'RE RANKED OR NORMAL, POST YOUR ELO. ELO ACTUALLY MATTERS.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 3:28am | Report
Good boy!
I couldn't have said it better myself :)

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 3:31am | Report
Agreed, though most people have nothing to brag about

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 4:08am | Report
Thanks guys!

Adonikam, most people don't, but it's better to warn/notify the audience/viewer before they take the time and effort and read a guide.

AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 4:26am | Report
posting screens in guide is ******ed anyway .
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 4:31am | Report
How is posting screenshots in a guide ******ed? It shows your guide works. It's valid proof.

Anlh, #1 Negative Person

AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 4:34am | Report
Because having a victory or defeat , high k/d/a score or low k/d/a score is not 100% related to the build you use , in fact its very far from 100% related
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 4:42am | Report
Please explain Anlh.

You're saying that if I set my build in a sequence; go into a 1600 ELO Ranked Game, use my build in that sequence, win a lot of games using that build in a certain sequence, the screenshots won't be valid at all?

It shows skill and knowledge of the author. It shows that you know what in the hell you're talking about. Screenshots show that it works. Most importantly, it says, hey, you can trust me! (given that the author provides a set elo that isn't ****ty.)

AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 4:44am | Report
Win games never meant your build is good , its a team game you can win 10 games in a row for many other reason than your build , as you can lose 10 games in a row with the best build ever .
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2011 4:51am | Report
I usually go 9/0/5 Nidalee in (1590~) Ranked Solo Queue. I get matched with 1700's all the time. I force 20minute surrenders, usually pushing 2-3 towers, dominating my lane and helping my teammates win their lane too, causing a victory and a early surrender vote by the enemy team.

What is that? Would that be called carrying? Yes. If people look at that game, what would be the reason my team won? Is it because I won out of skill? I outplayed my lane, and helped my team win. None of my lanes feed, but aren't fed either. I help feed and win them their lanes. Now, let's look back at the outplaying. Would you consider skill and a proper item build to be a part of it? I sure would. Now let's see where it'd fit into a guide. Skill. I am sharing my knowledge with you into a guide. Okay, that works. Let's see where Item Build would fit into a guide. Well, it is the basic and keypoint of a guide. It's essential. Now, let's see it all into play. Screenshots. "Oh, you definitely carried in a decent elo ranked match, nice job guide author!"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 16 24

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide