Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Renekton 6th item:Guardian Angel or The Black...

Creator: Fluffyknowsyou November 7, 2011 7:03pm
1 2
Fluffyknowsyou
<Member>
Fluffyknowsyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2011 7:03pm | Report
The title says it all. Usually I build
Doran shield
boots(normal)
atma's impaler
wit's end

Mercury treads
sunfire cape

Warmog

So with this build I have around 187 ad(depending on war's bonus), with around 50% mr and 63% armor. I was wondering, would I be better off going for the black cleaver for more damage or beefing myself further with GA?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2011 9:02pm | Report
Guardian angel.
TBC is really more of an early game item if you are ahead. It's more to keep the dominance rather than gain it.
It works well with the conditional stun you have though.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Pozsich
<Member>
Pozsich's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2011 9:17pm | Report
^ If you're going to bother with a black cleaver get it around where you're getting wits end right now.
Couple general thoughts:
Mercury treads should come sooner, unless you just so happen to get really fed every game.
Getting atma's after building some high HP first is probably better.
DDRmagic
<Member>
DDRmagic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2011 10:41pm | Report
i personally wouldnt build atmas so early, if you still planning to id rush warmogs first.

i generally get
ionian boots - cdr
sunfire cape - by the time u get it, it'll stack well with ulti and armor is good.
black cleaver - goes well with w skill, armor reduce is sooo good. + dmg and atkspd
warmogs - lane and team fight sustain
atmas - goes well with warmogs
force of nature - mr and just more sustain.

i feel atamas early is a bit of a waste in my opinion. if i wanted to use atmas early id defs rush warmogs first. the only thing bad with that is once people see you building warmogs, they start building madreds bloodrazor.
Otsdarva
<Member>
Otsdarva's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 7:48pm | Report
Guardian angel, personally I hardly use the cleaver on anything but tanky renekton still seems to put out tons of damage and they won't even try to focus you if you got GA. =]
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2011 7:50pm | Report
Otsdarva wrote:

Guardian angel, personally I hardly use the cleaver on anything but tanky renekton still seems to put out tons of damage and they won't even try to focus you if you got GA. =]

wwwwwrrrrrrroooonnnnnnnggggg

With that build you should go TBC
Fluffyknowsyou
<Member>
Fluffyknowsyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 12:35pm | Report
Thanks for the input guys, but that's just a rough outline of my build order. I build what things tailored to the enemy team composition and what money I have. If my enemy team was heavy ap like jax or brand, I would rush merc treads and wit's end. By that same token, I'd go with atma's and doran's shield for ad.

Luigignaf: I see where you're coming from and agree to a point. Being incredibly fed allows you to build tbc early. :3 If you build it later without tankiness, it's effectiveness dwindles.

Pozsich: I usually build two mantles on rene, rather than opting out for merc treads. It's an expensive item and the movement speed is not important, nor is the tenacity if there is little cc in my lane.

DDRmagic: We play differently, I go for cheap items which increase my defensive and offensive capabilities. If I got sunfire and warmogs, it's because the game lasted almost an hour. Renek is not a good ad champion, he lacks any sort of range or utility to survive a teamfight. Unlike tryn, he has no invulnerability. Unlike yi, he doesn't have immunity to slows.

Though I will say an early atma's is not a waste. I understand the sentiment, the damage it gives early on is less than 30. The key lies in wht type of champion rene is. From this one purchase, I get a 1/5-6 chance to crit, two of which from from my stun. I get armor to reduce early ad champion damage, and ofcourse damage simply by building health.

Doran's shield,boots,doran's sword, atma's,magic mantle only costs around 3.8k gold and it gives me around 127 attack damage, along with all the mr and armor.

Ostdarva: I feel the same way,but if we have no epic damage: I'll be a target rather than a help to my team. xD
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 9:32pm | Report

Though I will say an early atma's is not a waste.

I will agree.

I generally feel 2500 HP is enough to warrant the purchase of an Atma's in a lot of games.

Warmogg's is purchased for survivability.

Atma's is purchased for a little surivability and a little damage.

The purchase of one does not instantly require the purchase of the other and the build order is not set in stone.

Yes there is build efficiency but for a champion like Renek I can understand reversal of purchase order.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2011 9:50pm | Report
I would never build TBC on Renekton.
For early armor pen I usually rush a The Brutalizer, build a Warmog's Armor and an Atma's Impaler, Force of Nature and round out the build with whatever I need at that stage in the game, which would usually be a Last Whisper if I need more damage, or either Sunfire Aegis or Guardian Angel if I need more tankyness.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 11:26am | Report
The Brutalizer and Last Whisper are the best armor pen items you could come across (price sensitive). The Black Cleaver is not a bad item at all, but if you want armor pen, go for The other two items, honestly. I much prefer Guardian's Angel on him (odd, because I don't really care for GA on anybody).
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide