Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! ๐Ÿ†
's Forum Avatar

Small & Quick coding question :3

Creator: Joxuu May 14, 2014 2:42am
1 2
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2014 4:42am | Report
Aah. Perfect. Thank you both :)

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2014 5:27am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Joxuu, why didn't you just copy the coding I did? You can quote people and look at how they code things.

I'm quite the dummy when it comes to these things so I didn't even get the idea to look. I'm even more dummy than I'd like to admit sometimes.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2014 6:13am | Report
Lol I could've copied over jhoi's code too but instead I did it from scratch. Gg me.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2014 5:09am | Report
I will combine this thread as I'm in need of coding help... again. (Tough I don't like creating topics like this for public.), but I am hopeless case when it comes to coding the visuals. I'm 75% through writing one of my guides again and I'm just not creative enough to figure out coding for general guide. To summarize the guide as it is now: It's a wall of text nobody would take the time to read.

I have done banner and introduction coding. Working on line dividers, that much I can do but the rest of the guide is just all text. Oh, I also stole parts of GMD's coding guide for table of contents.

I'll post pics for the most crucial parts which need some kind of coding to make it look better. I would be grateful forever for those that could take their time to come up with something neat.

Ugly tier list

wall of text1

Rest of the guide looks like this (I'm using filler text)

Wall of text2

Ignore grammar mistakes and such as I'm working on them after the guide is done :)

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2014 6:56am | Report
If it wasn't midnight, I'd help you out. So tired. If this is still unsolved by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'll be happy to help. Good luck in the meantime though :)
โ™ก guide writing tips 'n tricks โ™ก ashes to ashes โ™ก fancy a sig? โ™ก

โ™ก sig by me โ™ก
Wicked Eye
<Member>
Wicked Eye's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2014 4:43pm | Report
How do you like this?

I'm sending a print because if I paste the code here it looks really weird.

If you liked the code is down here, but as I was doing the rest I don't think it came out that great, trying to think on something else xD

Spoiler: Click to view

EDIT: I think the Wall of text1 is pretty good, maybe a picture/icon on the left?

I also tried something more simple like this:

I think the formatting on both look better when you have everything like the support one, two characters for each tier :3 If you have any question just ask here or PM me.

Spoiler: Click to view
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2014 7:44am | Report
Awesome :D

I figured out something for my chapters but tier list remained the same. Been sick and I forgot creating this topic but I'm glad I popped by here. I can continue the guide now.

I'll credit ya in the guide ^^

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2014 7:49am | Report
You can make the text transparent by using tag [color=transparent][/color]

fack u all
Wicked Eye
<Member>
Wicked Eye's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2014 8:15am | Report