Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Soraka Builds: which one is better?

Creator: dadde July 10, 2011 1:57am
1 2 3 4
dadde
<Member>
dadde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 1:57am | Report
Hi, I have 2 Soraka builds and i cant decide which is better for ranked games. I want MobaFires thoughts on which one is better. Please if you do respond do say why which build is better. And if you have any suggestions please feel free to say something. Both builds are somewhat similar in reguards to beginnings and the fact that they both get 39.9 CDR. With that said here are the builds and thanks in advance for your responces

Build 1: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/test-builds-95061
Cost - 12,545g

Build 2: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/soraka-my-way-90515
Cost - 9,520g
WMV's
<Member>
WMV's's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 6:49am | Report
Eh, I'd say both could be improved. Hard to say which is better, they are both very similar. I'd say you should look into using Soul Shroud for the mana regen, cooldown reduction, and extra durability. Personally, once I have boots, Soul Shroud, Aegis, Shureyla's, and Heart of Gold I look into maybe getting a Rabadon's. Also, I would suggest mregen per level not flat for runes. I guess, I'd say the second is better. More supportive and relies on less gold. As the support you will be allowing others to farm primarily.
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 8:45am | Report
You can't do this - Wich is better - because they aren't on the same gold price, you need always compare builds on the same gold level, when you finish build 2, you are only with 75% on build 1...

Build 1: Mercury's Treads? You're supporter, you shouldn't even get closer the enemie, on the battlefield will be
enemie carriers -> enemie tanker/melee -> allies tanker/melee -> allies carriers -> you
Get Ionian Boots of Lucidity, MUCH better, or get Boots of Swiftness/ Mobility Boots
Spirit visage: Selfish, This only helps you, the passive don't works on allies. 1550g you can buy Needlessly Large Rod and increase your heal by 72 and your ult by 104 for everyone, instead of increasing the heal on you by 30...
Rylay, maybe good because of starcall... but I fell it's not for soraka

Build 2: Better, much better, but don't get Rylay, get Randuin for slow, or mejais.

IMO
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 8:59am | Report
Replace the Rylai's with a Rod of Ages, it's cheaper and gives more health.

EDIT: The AP Soraka queen (me) thinks your builds lack AP, but don't bother changing that for little old me.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 10:38am | Report
I never get RoA with soraka, it should be your first item, but it won't give CDR, gold per 10, mana regen, etc... I fell you don't need it early, but, it's a good item... better than rylay '-'
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 10:48am | Report
If he's getting rylai's for the health, he should get a RoA instead. If he's getting it for the slow, he should get a randuin's. If he's getting it for the AP, again a RoA is better because it gives the same AP, more health, and some mana.

EDIT:
A pretty well balanced tanky AP build:
Boots > Shurelya's Reverie > Rod of Ages > Randuin's Omen > Abyssal Scepter > Deathcap
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 12:01pm | Report
I get

Boots - Shurelya's Battlesong (health, regens, speed for allies, CDR) - Randuin's Omen (CDR, armor, awesome slow, health regen, health) - Mejai's Soulstealer (you shouldnt die, its a good way to get good AP and build tanky) - Deathfire Grasp (mana regen, CDR, AP and awesome active) - Something else

Shurelya's 15%
Randuin's 5%
Deathfire 15%
Masteries 6%
Change ionian boots for mobility/swiftness
I don't get in this order
3/6/21 (AP per level / Armor and MR / Good Hands, bonus EXP, Meditation, CV and Flash upgrade, CDR, CDR on summoner, Move speed buff...)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 12:19pm | Report
Mejai's is a horrible idea, I've gotten 30+ assists with Soraka multiple times and still would never get one.

This is a good example of why I don't get mejai's. Most of this game I had two deaths. 20 minutes in they started focusing me down, I died 7 times in the last ten minutes of the game.

Morello's is a better choice on a support than Deathfire grasp because it's cheaper and gives more AP and CDR.

Morello's + Shurelya's + Randuin's = Max CDR, meaning that once you get those items you can get whatever other boots you'd want.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 12:37pm | Report

Mejai's is a horrible idea, I've gotten 30+ assists with Soraka multiple times and still would never get one.

This is a good example of why I don't get mejai's. Most of this game I had two deaths. 20 minutes in they started focusing me down, I died 7 times in the last ten minutes of the game.

Morello's is a better choice on a support than Deathfire grasp because it's cheaper and gives more AP and CDR.

Morello's + Shurelya's + Randuin's = Max CDR, meaning that once you get those items you can get whatever other boots you'd want.

Mejai's is a decent idea on Soraka, you just have to be extremely confident in your play.
Tri lane for life.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 12:41pm | Report
And play against stupid people who ignore you.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide