Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Spoilers] in Guides

Creator: jhoijhoi May 13, 2012 1:32am
Do they do more harm than good?
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 5:31am | Report
I might make use of it myself, I'll probably get a little surge of pride for trying something new xD
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
Cubby1313
<Editor>
Cubby1313's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 6:24am | Report
I think if you can name the spoiler line it will make a big difference. I think it is kind of annoying that they just say, "Spoiler: Click to View." It would make a lot more sence for it to say, "In depth Video Description: Click to View" Right now I am clicking them just to see what is written, not because I made a conscious decision that the information under the spoiler contained information that I wanted to learn more about.

You address this a couple times by placing a question right before the spoiler, and that helped, but there were still a few times that didn't make much sense to me. I would be interested in possibly implementing this for a single section of my guide... do you happen to have a link to the available code for doing this?
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 2:57pm | Report
Just put [spoiler.]insert text here[/spoiler.] and it will work. (Remove the full stop from each one).

Example:
Spoiler: Click to view
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 3:22pm | Report
Cubby: That's a great idea... I don't know if Matt/Flash would be able to implement it though.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 4:25pm | Report
I think that's genius btw Cubby x3

@jhoi what if they made it how they do for a link? When you insert your link you can put text into it and it displays that. So.. they could probably do that for the Spoiler Tags.

Example: Have the text that you want to "Spoiler", then the part for naming it. It's an idea, I hope I'm not losing track of myself lol xD

What do you think?
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 1:54am | Report
I think it's awesome.
Our shop sites wont be that long...
Especially yours, JJ :P
Thanks to GrimmFate!

Cubby1313
<Editor>
Cubby1313's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 5:18am | Report
Well if they can figure out some way to make it so we can name the sections ourselves then I will definitely be using this feature :) Glad you guys liked it!

Edit, the code would look something like this:
Code:
[spoiler=Click Here to see more about this video] So in this video I found Vayne ripping apart a monkey at the zoo and thought it would help you guys in your ventures.[/spoiler]
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 6:09am | Report
Yup, that kind of coding should work! Maybe someone should bring it up in the support forum. Xiron, thanks for the reminder, I think I'll go spoiler my review and art guides :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Cubby1313
<Editor>
Cubby1313's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 6:45am | Report
Holy **** Guys!

Quoted:
Code:
[spoiler=Holy **** Guys!] The Code As I Wrote It Already Works Like This! I'm a flipping genius![/spoiler]

Enjoy!

I was in the middle of starting the thread on the support forum and when I previewed the post I saw that it worked exactly as I was wanting it to! Not to sound needy, but a +Rep for this would be excellent, lol

Edit: Below this is just a heads up on how I plan on using it. Editing on the section itself isn't done yet and I know some of you disagree with my choices in my build, but this isn't about that. It is just showing one way I will be using the functionality.

Turns into....

This is going to allow me to be as in-depth as I want without adding more walls of text to my guide. I'm really excited about this and now have quite a bit of writing to do :) Let the editing commence!
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:40am | Report
Cubby1313 wrote:

Holy **** Guys!

Enjoy!

Thanks!
Used it in my shop, I think it's quite cool, btw... CHECK OUT MY SHOP!
Thanks to Keondre!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide