Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Super new to making guides? Help?

Creator: iKillDrunkStyle September 2, 2012 7:59am
iKillDrunkStyle
<Member>
iKillDrunkStyle's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 7:59am | Report
So I just made a new Ezreal guide on Mobafire! And I have a few questions to ask.
1. How do I make a guide that has the "Full Guide" base quality? I can't even find my guide in the Builds & Guides tab.
2. I heard about review shops. What are those?
3. Can I advertise my guide?

Thank you for the help!

Here is the link to the guide if you want to look at it (Not trying to advertise!): http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/ezreal-do-you-belong-in-a-museum-233456
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 8:16am | Report
1. I have no idea, your guide seems to have all requirements.
2. Review shops are places where you can request someone to look at your guide and give useful critisism.
3. No, strictly not.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 8:18am | Report
You cannot advertise your guides in the forums. You can, however, put a link in your signature.
Review shops are threads or guides that you can post your guide, along with some additional info, and then someone will review your guide and tell you what is wrong, or what you can improve.
As for #1, you should ask this in the "support" subforum.

Edit: ninja'd by the creamy man

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 8:23am | Report
1) It has "Full Guide" base quality, your end most likely hadn't cached yet when you posted this.
2) Basically, most review shops are made by people who will review your guide and give you criticism. They may or may not vote. If you fill out the form and ask nicely, they will generally review your guide. They are great ways of getting criticism to improve your guide, and generally if you made a good guide they will upvote (handy for getting more noticed).
3) No, you cannot advertise your guide in a forum post (technically).

Guide rule:

"Advertising Your Guides and Blogs: Do not post links or otherwise advertise your MOBAFire guides, builds or blogs in the comments or on the forums. Mentioning your work in relevant conversation is one thing, dropping links and otherwise advertising around the site in an attempt to get more visits is another. You can read more about this rule here and here."\

3) If you are asking for help, such as here, it's not a problem. Don't just randomly post "Hi guys, I just made a new guide for x champion and please check it out. Thanks". Not considered allowable. Review shops allow it, and posting it in your guide (advertising other guides) is considered allowable.

Be very careful touching on the whole advertising your guide thing. Many things can be interpreted that may get you in trouble, just a word of advice.

EDIT: I love writing something and then forgetting to post it until an hour later ...

If I helped you, click that +rep!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide