Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Updates Board

Creator: [deleted] June 22, 2012 6:45pm
1 2
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 6:46pm | Report
It's not really needed, it's mostly just there to tell people if you had to make changes due to nerfs or buffs, or any other reason. But some people won't read it anyway so yea.
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 7:34pm | Report
It's not needed, I only really had one becuase my guide wasn't finshed when I hit the create button. I don't think it's needed not a lot will read it anyway but, it does help you figure out what you did a while ago so you might wanna update!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 9:54pm | Report
It is entirely up to you. A change log isn't necessary by any means, but it's nice to know how recently the author has updated their guide. For returning readers, they can use it to check the changes they've missed or additions that they can now read.

Not many people read it I'm sure, but it doesn't hurt to have it in there. Just stick it at the end of your guide so it doesn't bother the people who don't want to see it.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 3:12am | Report
Go for it. I put one in my guide because people really like seeing that you update your guide. Even more they love seeing you update your guide in regards to their criticism. And giving them credit to the idea/section is always appreciated.
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 5:25am | Report
The average person who views your guide will not care/look at the change log. Does it matter to them that X champ's mana cost for Y was Z in the past and is now Z?

No, its the present. What do you really gain by looking at a change log besides information that will not apply in a current game scenario? Nothing.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 5:53am | Report
I find it rather useless, if the author has not recently updated their guide the freshness will drop anyways. And quite frankly I don't care if the author has fixed a spelling mistake, added a new section or whatever.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 11:51am | Report
Machineae wrote:

The average person who views your guide will not care/look at the change log. Does it matter to them that X champ's mana cost for Y was Z in the past and is now Z?

No, its the present. What do you really gain by looking at a change log besides information that will not apply in a current game scenario? Nothing.

Most people include guide changes in their change log, not patch notes. There are some exceptions of course, but most of the time it's filled with guide updates.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 11:45am | Report
Yeah if its for you adding notes about the major changes then I guess it'd be useful. Stuff like grammatical and spelling error fixes aren't really too special though :P
MissWitch
<Member>
MissWitch's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 1:58pm | Report
I like Wukong. Do it.
If you would like for me to review YOUR guide, send me a PM!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide