Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vayne in 5 minutes by Ace Ventura

Creator: Ace Ventura October 26, 2011 7:59am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 1:14pm | Report
omagma wrote:

Oh duff, your so stubborn and ignorant <3

Duff might be wrong, Duff might be right. However he has a strong opinion based on his own experiences. Sure, he might not really be listening to what we're saying, but then why would he? He - apparently - has had amazing results maxing Silver Bolts first and yet no one else mentions maxing it first. What would you do? Assume you're wrong and change your succesful way of playing or convince others and tell them your way of playing a champion is the way to go?
To be honest, we're not really listening to him either. I for one will at least give his suggestion a go.

Unlike many other champions I think Vayne is a champion that can really be played in many ways in terms of what skill sequence players use. We've had discussions about her before and trust me, almost every single possibility was mentioned (I'm still working on a Vayne guide so I followed the discussions with some interest ^^).

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 1:27pm | Report
Omagma is trying it's hardest to troll. If you just ignore trolls it works out better :P

I appreciate that you'll try it. You'll have to modify your play style, it's not the usual passive laning, and you have to be aggressive and ballsy when you get the chance. This style of play is punish all mistakes made. Unlike other builds where you're slowly building up, with this skilling order, you're gonna be trading hard and often :P But your trades need to be intelligent.

When I have Mowen as a support, we evaluate the lane, and then I let her know when I'm gonna go crazy and we just go. And then the lane turns into a slaughterhouse where I get 1-2 kills every time the opponent shows up to lane.

I mean. I'm not exaggerating, there's only been one or two lanes I think where we didn't kill them at every available opportunity. One of those lanes we lost, the other one we wen't even I think.

You can use tumble both defensively and aggressively, so use that to your advantage when you're getting your shots off. You can attack, attack, tumble backwards and make their attack animation interrupt, and attack again, or attack, attack, and tumble to get the last hit if the are running away.

You can also trick them into thinking you're gonna go for all 3 hits and just get free pot shots as well. :P
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 9:54pm | Report
I agree with duff
Maxing Silver Bolts is far superior in terms of DPS, yet I max it 2nd as Tumble is most versatile for lane.

before the supp+ad ranged bot focused on farming kicked in I used to get lvl 2 tumble (lvl2 is the most cost efficent lvl) and max bolts 1st as they give amazing damage with no actual items

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 10:24pm | Report
Support + AD hasn't changed the viability of maxing bolts first.

Suggest you give it a try again :P
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 11:54pm | Report
OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 9:28am | Report
It'll just keep happening until people actually TRY what I'm saying instead of just, "Oh Duff, you speak so strongly about this subject that you have personal experience with. I'm going to label you strong headed and ignorant instead of recognizing that you don't do this with every champion on every thread, and you only dig your feet in like this when you actually know what you're talking about. It's just easier for me to do that than to admit I don't know what the **** I'm talking about, and I don't want people to realize that I'm just spouting out the generic and widely accepted way to do things, because I've only ACTUALLY played Vayne like 10 times and I don't REALLY know what I'm talking about, just thought I'd offer my uneducated 10 cents based on what I'd heard other people tell me. Even if it is inferior to the way you are proposing, I don't like your way- mostly because your way is new, and I just posted these stats in a guide so I would look uneducated if I didn't try to defend the way I posted. We don't like new at MobaFire. It's scary and it makes us look bad."

Lots of these players are more concerned about being right- and they want to have always been right. It matters more to them than to actually have the best techniques in their guides. So they will fight tooth and nail to defend the way they listed in the guide to save face. What they should do, is have an open mind and be willing to change the skill order in their guides if a superior skilling order comes along.

But again, like I said in the last thread. I guarantee, 100%, eventually the pros will switch to silver bolts first, tumble second, condemn last. Because it's the best skilling order, without question.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 9:44am | Report
^ Not sure whether any of that is referring to me but you're not the only one with experience as Vayne. If others have had good experiences with leveling Condemn or Tumble then they're gonna feel the exact same about levelling Silver Bolts as you feel about levelling Condemn or Tumble. No need to be so condescending.

Maybe you're right, I for one will give it a try, but assuming you know everything and others know nothing doesn't flatter you to be honest :|

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 10:06am | Report
It's not an assumption. I do know for a fact Silver Bolts is superior to leveling condemn.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 10:23am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Support + AD hasn't changed the viability of maxing bolts first.

Suggest you give it a try again :P

No, stfu, u noob, you want silver bolts maxed 1st so you can go aspd and finally give a maning to all those girls calling you Quickdraw

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 10:24am | Report
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide