Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

What can I improve on my Item Build ?

Creator: Gabriex May 17, 2011 9:43am
1 2
Gabriex
<Member>
Gabriex's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 9:43am | Report
Hello everyone, I'm kind of new around here... I just made my first build, and I was hoping that I could get some feedback about it. It's an AP zilean build, but I'm not really sure about my items, so, I was hoping that I could get some opinions on how to improve the Item Build. That being said, here's my build !

P.S.: I am working on the build's looks, I'm going to add some more pictures, especially items and spell pictures. Also, I'm going to add a little more description...
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 10:02am | Report
These masteries.
These runes. I also recommend reading the guide on runes.
Don't use Clarity.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 10:04am | Report
Oh, and it would be nice if you play 300 matches before making a guide. You get much better at the game the more you play.

Gabriex
<Member>
Gabriex's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 10:30am | Report
Thanks ! I'll work to improve my runes / masteries build.

P.S.: I've played more than 300 matches, they just weren't all with Zilean.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 4:46pm | Report
Rylai is not an item Zilean wants.

Clarity's possible, don't dismiss it so quickly Searz.
It's very useful on high mana teams and gives Zilean quite a bit of freedom early game, and we've all experienced Zilean's lane-harassment. Clarity and Flash is good, but only if the team can make full use of it. (at least 4/5 mana-using champions excluding guys like Ryze and Blitz who never run out)

And I'm afraid anything past 21 points in any mastery tree is automatically charged with the crime of noobishness.

EDIT: WHY the fck does it say I voted on his Zilean guide already?! O_O
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2011 1:48am | Report
It's the same for me.. WTF?

Clarity is worse than other spells in 90% of the cases. It's an ok spell, but it's more of a spell to use with special teammates.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Gabriex
<Member>
Gabriex's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2011 6:32am | Report
@JunSuport Hmm... Could you eplain a little why I shouldn't get Rilay's Crystal Scepter on Zilean ? I think it's great because it gives 500 Health, which, in my opinion, Zilean needs early game.

P.S.: Heh, I dunno what's with the voting thing, it's not like I can take control over people's body while they sleep and make them vote my build... Or, is it ? >:-)
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2011 6:36am | Report
The voting thing is a bug :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2011 8:39am | Report
I think Rylai's is actually an OK item on Zil but RoA is better (same AP, 130 more health).
Gabriex
<Member>
Gabriex's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2011 10:11am | Report
@The_Nameless_Bard Wow, you're totally right, I guess I just didn't carefully read, RoA's Passive when I had decided to use Rilay's Crystal Scepter :D. Going to fix that ! Thanks for the tip !
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide