Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Writing a new guide! Pick the champion!

Creator: OTGBionicArm October 23, 2012 7:11am
What guide should I write?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 1:47pm | Report
It be far more creative of me to say things about Hecarim or Darius over Viktor. Me talking about Viktor is essentially saying how strong he is despite his flaws (because I do well with him, but new Viktor players would probably find him frustrated to use).

I'd still like to get more votes before I make my final decision I guess, Thanks for the answer jhoi!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 1:52pm | Report
Viktor just isn't worth it. I officially dropped him from my roster. He can still perform well but, for example, Swain is so much better.

A Darius jungle + top lane would be good imo.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 1:56pm | Report
Currently my Darius guide is top and jungle. But I have come to hate his lane game. He simply isn't super reliable as laner all the time, and he has some abysmal matchups to very common champions. His jungle game is better, I think.

My Darius guide used to be number 1, and that was awesome. But Phil Collin's guide is now great for top lane, so Id just go with a jungle guide.

Thanks though, GMD. I'll never give up on Viktor though, no matter how much better Swain actually is. I know Viktor inside and out, so I get better results with him. :p
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 2:00pm | Report
I know how to play vik and I'll leave it at that. If I want to win I just pick Xerath or Kassadin as those champions have just a way bigger impact on the game.

I've been playing a lot of Darius top lane and his laning phase is actually really good. I tend to build 0 offensive items on Darius and he can just stomp everything. His jungle is good but early-game very fragile; high risk of being counterjungled and crushed.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 2:48pm | Report
Yea I dont build damage items early either except phage after my HoG. His early jungle is fragile, but he's also pretty good at counterjungling himself.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 2:57pm | Report
I never build phage on him.
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 3:02pm | Report
Grand with all this xer talk you're making me want to pick him up again xD
Credit goes to JEFFY40HANDS for this godly imposing Viktor
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 3:15pm | Report

What part about it is not optimal? I am still relitively new with Hecarim, but I've seldom lost games with him. (And I've played A LOT of games with him in the last few months)

I will be honest in saying I rarely get to get past Frozen Heart Sheen, in most games before it ends.

Any help is appreciated, thanks Nighthawk. :D

Well having like zero hp and then getting FoN is a big nono, having no Aegis is generally a big nono too, an early hexdrinker is amazing, and despite what people think, Spirit Visage is just a godlike item on him, it's SOOO GOOOODDDD.

If you want MR you should go Maw so you aren't quite as useless in a teamfight :)

Alternatively you can go pony smash mode and just go gp10 > spirit visage > sheen > bt > aegis > ga > triforce > infinity, super super fun.

GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 3:17pm | Report
NinjaGinge wrote:

Grand with all this xer talk you're making me want to pick him up again xD

Go for it and ignore all those people who say he is not viable. I insta-lock him at my elo and carry games hard.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 3:33pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Well having like zero hp and then getting FoN is a big nono, having no Aegis is generally a big nono too, an early hexdrinker is amazing, and despite what people think, Spirit Visage is just a godlike item on him, it's SOOO GOOOODDDD.

If you want MR you should go Maw so you aren't quite as useless in a teamfight :)

Alternatively you can go pony smash mode and just go gp10 > spirit visage > sheen > bt > aegis > ga > triforce > infinity, super super fun.

Hmm, I'm honestly thinking about dropping GA. I personally play him as a dedicated tank of sorts. Randuins would b better than GA. Spirit Visage is nice too, and super awesome when Soraka is on the team.

The reason I used to FoN was actually to max out his speed pre-ghost/shureliyas, but that probably has diminishing returns or something.

Maw is iffy for me. I play him more like a tank than a bruiser, so it's a weird item choice for me, still good though.
Thanks for the insight.

EDIT: and I'd only get Aegis if for some reason the support didnt.

Edit 2: Basically I feel like the only real core items on him are FH and TF

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide