Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[EUW] Inhouse Game Discussion - September

Creator: LevasK September 5, 2015 7:36am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 4:11am | Report
You play Graves mid, Vapora? How do you do that? Genuinely curious
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 4:17am | Report
You play Garves mid, Vapora? How do you do that? Genuinely curious

Picks Graves, goes mid :^)

Graves has decent enough range, gains resistances and he excels at trading 1v1 early game against many midlaners. Also has the advantage that his autos hurt a nice bit, can dodge skillshots with E and mana costs are manageable. Smokescreen and Quickdraw can help escape some gank scenarios, and he also takes Heal.

Also, I'd like to suggest people that if inhouses are not fun to them, they either explain why so we can see how to improve them or they drop the masochistic ball and do something else with their time. "Because Vapora plays talon" is hardly a reason since there's 3 bans for each team and quite frankly most of us don't play most of the current OP champions at a level that demands a ban on these particular picks.

I mean, I get what you meant to say with the "Vapora + Talon" thing, but is that really the problem? Because if it is, I can suggest we make an extra ban phase pre-game, so that each team gets an extra ban to try and cover whatever x champion that y player usually plays stays off that match *shrug*

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 4:38am | Report
I used to pick a lot more fun stuff in inhouses, but it usually results in laning against someone who is playing one of their mains (or a champion they've been spamming recently) and ultimately that just means - depending on the player I face - there's a high chance I'll lose lane (the only random pick which has worked out well for me recently is Vayne). Kinda demotivating.

I could point out I'd like to see others try out new stuff more often, but I think ultimately the difference lies in what people find "fun". For example, Vapora looks like a tryhard to me for always sticking to the same two champions, but if that's what's fun in his eyes then there's no point arguing he shouldn't be allowed to play both of those champions anymore. There are plenty of others who - just like him - stick to a very limited pool of champions (myself probably included at this point), so I'm guessing he's not the only one who looks at it that way either.

I think there's a decent (if not high) amount of people who don't play because they are trying to prove anything in terms of how good they are (hell, even the discussions between Vapora/Vynertje and Falseo/Fox in this thread stem mostly from the fact they don't like each other, I'm pretty sure), so I'm not entirely convinced we should try to forcefully change anything.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 4:52am | Report
I mean the only role I'm even playing on a high level is support and I just about never call it and don't think I've played thresh in quite a long time in inhouses - might be wrong and I'm not joining them that often anyway to begin with but ya.

@Vapora
Didn't know bout the Graves bans but regarding your point "that's what balance is for" pretty hard to balance against a Master player when there isn't even that many high diamonds or even diamonds to begin with. And you are still on your go to "Master" champ. I do get that you find him fun but ya Wayne pretty much said everything else~

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 5:12am | Report
You play Graves mid, Vapora? How do you do that? Genuinely curious

Build and setup is the same as ADC. Graves is an amazing lane bully on mid lane. He is one on bot lane too, but there he's held back by the fact that he can't just E into the enemy ADC's face in a 2v2 lane. On mid lane he wins almost all short and extended trades, and against most mages, he's so strong that there's nothing stopping him from just E'ing forwards and auto-attacking them to his heart's content until they run out of his range to end the trade. Minion advantage (so long as it's just 3 caster minions or something like that) isn't enough to beat Graves who has much higher attack speed than any mage, much more damage in auto-attacks, is much tankier thanks to True Grit, and few of them have a spell that can out-trade Graves's Buckshot if he just Quickdraw's into their face and casts it from melee range, which is not something he can regularly do on bot lane.

In terms of practical efficiency, he's a really niche pick, which is probably why he hasn't ever been discovered by any mid laners yet (or ever). His laning falls off pretty fast against people like Zed and Syndra, who he can bully pre-6 but can't play aggressively against at any point after they hit level 6. His lane bully potential isn't as great against people who can hold their own in extended trades, which is mainly just AD champs like Irelia, but also DPS mid laners like Cassiopeia and Ryze. And finally his mid-late game isn't good against tanky teams, which is a fairly common thing right now with all these dumb juggernauts. Especially if you end up with a full AD team, which will happen if you don't have an AP top laner.

He'd only be considered a "strong" pick in situations where he's against someone he can easily bully and out-duel at all stages of laning phase, such as TF, Lux, Ekko, Nidalee, etc, and against a team that isn't so tanky that he can function properly as an ADC without the amazing late-game DPS of late-game carries.

But mid lane is my favourite lane, while ADC is my favourite role and Graves my favourite ADC, so I'll pick him into any situation and do well and definitely enjoy myself.

And like False said, I mostly use Heal, but I sometimes take Ignite against enemies I can only kill early on if I have that extra damage, such as Irelia and Zed. Heal is the better summoner overall but against lanes like those I feel like I'm only going to do well if I get to snowball early before they get some levels/items and begin to rape me.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 5:45am | Report
"if you don't have an ap top laner" just go play azir adc, ezgameezlyfe

na inhouses can have fun picks, if they still existed. One game i played soraka mid against moon's fiddlesticks. It was quite an interesting game.

I'm not afraid to pick something weird, I'm just afraid to get my **** kicked in by having a bad matchup and/or one that i don't know, given the fact most of the people here are better than me. As much as i'd hate going against vapora's talon I wouldn't want extra bans before the game just to deal with it. If it doesn't get banned in the 3 bans each side gets, and if he wants to play it, then he deserves to play it and you deserve to deal with it.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 6:44am | Report
Fun fact: after an old argument I thought I'd just drop old grudges and be shut in TS but after constantly getting talked **** to on TS for no reason for a week or two of inhouses that kinda backfired and I started being extremely toxic towards that person because I dislike being on the same team as him. The rest stayed the same aka only talking **** and calling outright bad my friends and they did that in return because that's just what we do.

Well if whoever's hosting considers me too toxic and unable to make any useful remarks during games (which I've actually done a lot of but a lot of times people chose not to react and die/lose objectives and that's where the frustration in form of sarcastic comments came from) then they shouldn't invite me if they don't want to.

Even though we have super one sided games more often than not, it's hard to balance because you never 100% know who's going to play what and whether they're going to try something new or "tryhard" with a champion they main/are familiar with. This leads to scenarios such as the one Wayne mentioned, to players enjoying games less and, ultimately, to the "**** all, this game's over" attitude because you have zero experience on how to play from behind on X champion against someone who's fed and knows his ****.

With that said I got bored of the usual mid champions I play except for Fizz who gets banned for the rest of the month if I play him once (on top of the often banned Fiora and Irelia). Seeing as how I'd just get **** on by Talon or Graves or whatever if I played Brand, Vel'Koz, Zilean or some other janky *** mage I wanted to play I just went with Ekko.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 6:48am | Report
Truth be told, inhouses revived or brought me new pleasures, such as playing Malzahar and jungling with stuff like machine gun Lulu or ap Karma (or old Darius, new version of him in the jungle doesn't really convince me uu )
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 6:58am | Report
I've only recently begun liking Mid lane due to the emergence of Varus mid, since I've been practicing only ADC and support a lot, so adding another ADC to my mid roster. Thanks for the idea. While I'm at it, what would you say about a similar pick in Caitlyn or Twitch? I already know Corki mid is decent.
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2015 7:06am | Report
Caitlyn, Twitch, Corki, Lucian, Ezreal, Sivir can all be good mid
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide