Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

An Expected Journey: S5 ranked with Nameless

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 21, 2015 9:00am
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 6:35am | Report
It does last longer than a Sightstone ward does, plus it gives you an extra if you run out of charges on your Sightstone.

It does? I thought both lasted 3 minutes...?
Thanks to XeresAce for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 6:37am | Report
Someone should look that up, that might just be more me being brain dead. I didn't have to work early today, but I still woke up at like 4:30 am, so I'm a bit tired and not totally here mentally.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 6:38am | Report
Quoted:

It does? I thought both lasted 3 minutes...?

They do. It is the Stealth Ward wards that only last 1 minute.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 6:39am | Report
Yep, just the 2.5-3 hours of sleep catching up to me there.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 1:47pm | Report
The good:
  • Tried to initiate properly and stuff
  • decent-ish vision control, I guess
The bad:
  • just didn't do enough of anything.
  • Tristana who rushes Trinity Force, jumps in 1v5, and then says "no one peels gg"
The ugly unrelated drivel I call notes:
  • gahhhhhhh.

The good:
  • I guess I used my CC ok
  • Saved a couple people by blocking **** with Unbreakable
  • ok-ish vision control considering how behind we were
The bad:
  • Doran's Ring support Annie seems to be the newest craze in Silver and it's frustrating as hardly anyone seems to deal with it properly. I wouldn't have picked Braum had I known, but I was first pick and Caitlyn asked me for that.
  • Caitlyn was never ahead of Vayne by any reasonable margin despite Annie roaming.
The ugly unrelated drivel I call notes:
  • This is getting annoying
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 8:38pm | Report
Things I did right:
  • CC was on point all game
  • decent vision control, not that it was hard given that I placed more wards than their entire team.
Areas where improvement is needed:
  • I felt really bad for capitalizing on the fact that Sivir was clearly having issues of some sort (or was so terrible I have no words). Three times in lane she just walked up to the minions and stood there for a full two-three seconds without moving before I'd bubble her for free resulting in a kill for Tristana.
notes:
  • "this Annie support literally placed two wards the entire game" "'it's Silver' ~Amanda 2015" "truth" (this is a bit of an inside joke as I've been telling OTG that "this is Silver" any time that anyone does something ****tarded and he questions it)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 9:14am | Report
I hope no one minds if I start consolidating when I play multiple games.

Things I did right:
  • CC use was decent in both games
  • Mostly did a good job of keeping people alive
  • In the Braum game I started intentionally walking into Dark Binding when Caitlyn took a bunch of them to the face for free. I probably shouldn't have bothered, but it meant she didn't die for a while.
  • Vision control wasn't all that great in either game
  • In the Nami game we just didn't have any control of anything.
notes:
  • I still really hate Braum vs Morgana, even if I do know how to play the match-up.
  • The Braum game is refusing to show up in the extended match history, sorry guys.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 1:33pm | Report
About to play my first not support game of the season (Orianna mid vs Brand), wish me luck!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 2:26pm | Report
Things I did right:
  • It would have so much been worse had I not realized what the problem was fairly soon after I started being unable to move my mouse more than maybe an inch on the screen at a time.
  • I was the only one who swept for wards, given that I was the only one to even buy a sweeper. All wards killed by my team were because I swept them. T-T
  • It is physically impossible to last hit/move/do anything in league when your mouse DPI is set to 400 (I didn't even realize it could be that low, I hit the button by accident), time to reset the levels so it can't go lower than 4500. It was only maybe 5 minutes before I realized what was wrong, but that was long enough for me to completely lose this game for my team. I'm such a ****ing moron, dear god. Like I really can't believe I never bothered to check my mouse settings to make sure this kind of **** couldn't happen.
  • I don't remember the last time my CS was so low in 20+ minutes on any champion besides a support and I'm really frustrated with myself.
notes:
  • This is 100% technology use error. I am totally to blame for everything that went wrong with this game, even if I did start pulling useful ults once we started teamfighting.
  • After I'd explained multiple times in and out of all chat (the first time I died the Brand asked what happened since it was clearly 100% messed up ****), Brand told my teammates to stop going on about reporting me since these kinds of mistakes could happen to anyone and it's not like I had done it on purpose. I gave him an honor point for that.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 3:41pm | Report
Things I did right:
  • CC was on point, really proud of some of the **** I pulled off.
  • Good vision control
  • Perhaps I shouldn't've bothered selling the Frost Queen's Claim for a Talisman of Ascension I never actually got
  • Died too much because I just wasn't tanky enough mid game, but eventually it was ok.
  • tfw you're tankier than the "tank" because the "tank" is building full AP.
notes:
  • Gotta get my MMR back up, ugh.
  • Picked Nami because I thought it was Morgana support. Turned out to be double AD bot. >_>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide