Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Carrying my way with a support in Elo madness

Creator: Crows foot July 13, 2012 5:42am
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 6:13pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Taric is easily one of the best supports. But even Taric can't win games when you have Boots of Swiftness Olaf jungle :(

You need speed to catch up to that... eh... axe you threw?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 3:44pm | Report
Started playing some Naut jungle too. Did like 3-4 normals and tried, then won a ranked.

But now I am in loading screen with another Taric game ;)
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 4:25pm | Report
Finally back above 800.

Went back up to 788 like 10 games ago, then I've been up and down, got back to 788 earlier today and now I have 811. Naut jungle and taric support went me above. Now I am going to continue rising!

Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2012 4:02am | Report
Last game was really a wonder that we won. Our mid xerath didn't get into game until 4 mins, being 4 lvls behind Ahri... our jungle amumu had to mid until he came back. We won bot hard, ez+taric, and top did well. Somehow we went good, were ahead, a few bad fights and I asked Olaf not to go solo (he was ********ed and killed a couple of times) and he said "one more word and I afk"... so next fight our bot and jungle goes in early instead of waiting for us and they die. I ask them to wait for us to fight and then olaf says "ok, bye" and dc:s

I thought we were ****ed then and there, but we won a teamfight and then he rec:ed and we won the game easy.

Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 5:20pm | Report
Working and climbing. Were like 820 when I got 2 lousy games. Was far from perfect yet I don't think I was the deciding factor any of them. Down to 79X but now like 5 straight wins. 4 Tristana and 1 nocturne. Now 861. Will be 1k before August is over. Oh and I've gotten 101 wins in ranked now.

mol42
<Member>
mol42's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 7:58pm | Report
Taric is a strong support and does very well when paired with what I like to call "Killer AD's" or in other words AD champs that are strong in lane/snowball fast. It sounds like your a strong taric player on top of that so that helps. I recommend you also trying Leona as her playstyle is similar though minus the heal.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 8:41pm | Report
I can carry with Rocket Grab. ^^

Sig made by Tamy
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 10:34pm | Report
Taric is definitely getting popular, but I would not say he's that amazing. Yes, his laning is pretty damn strong, armor buff, heal, stun, what more could you ask for? He just falls off hard late game. Armor doesn't do much against an AD carry with Last Whisper, his burst doesn't do as much damage (or noticeable damage) as it used to, and he has rather weak, semi-reliable CC (People can move while Dazzle is in flight). He makes a great tank late game, but no one has any incentive to focus him (at least, no smart person), because he just doesn't have enough CC to be disruptive enough, such as Leona or Alistar, or even Blitzcrank.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 11:37pm | Report
That champions like Leona, BC and Naut have uncompared cc is true. What Taric does have and what really matters even in lategame is that he can easily save a stun for a high threat enemy. ANd it is on pretty short cd so first you can punish people out of place and then when they move in to help you can punish someone again at higher ranks.

But his best things are his auras. +30 armor just from W still gives +18 after LW and you give your enemy a -30 armor debuff after you pop W. Then pop ulti and you give your team extra damage from both ad and ap. It is sort of like a sivir ulti but with damage instead of speed.

And a heal, which will not be a soraka sustain ever but if built properly will save lives in teamfights and be enough for one or two champs not to have to b but to try to get that baron instead after a fight.

And you'd be amazed how many focus Taric cause of his ability to both stun and debuff. Often I have given people so much trouble as Taric that lategame they focus me out of sheer spite.

Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 1:12am | Report
hes like the strongest support right now if ur AD-Carry isnt ******ed

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide