Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Carrying my way with a support in Elo madness

Creator: Crows foot July 13, 2012 5:42am
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 3:11pm | Report
I get plenty of wards over time. I also have Gp10 Quints and 0/9/21 (or 9/0/21) for my supports. Money is never an issue.

I only use Gp10 items when I roam. I also refrain from dedicating my life to pure support in solo que. Can't rely on people.

My way works excellent for me and yours for you. :)
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 11:57pm | Report
I definitely go gp10 quints for that cash. 3 of them ;) since I play Taric balls to the walls like a leona-ish support I go 0/21/9 on him. Not as much cash from masteries but way more durable.

I actually lost another taric game last night. My "modern" score being 7/2. Then some biatch from the other team stole taric next game and my ad announced he was going twitch. Since Alistar was banned I went balls to the walls Leona instead since I knew Twitch would need all the protection he could get.

All lanes started out half decent but then their Karthus turned 6 during one of our ganks bot. He got a double and their cait one which kind of turned the lane against us. I spent all the time I could to protect rat and did pretty well even though he insisted on facetanking every cait q she ever threw out.

In the end we won from me and mid lux combining stun snare damage lots of times. I set them up and she killed them.

What I feel is that a leona lane needs more coordination than a taric lane. If an offensive move is is failed you can always go back to turret and heal with Taric and with leona you win the engagement or die.

Btw animorte, when taric pops w he only loses personal bonus and not aura. So at w lvl 5 it is always 30 bonus armour to all including himself and then another 30 if w is up
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 12:55am | Report
Ah, the specifics of it. :)

Lux/Leona is an amazing combination because you can put their passives together. So much extra damage.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Dexploratio
<Member>
Dexploratio's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 2:38am | Report
Eh you're saying lots of KSing like it's a good thing? You're not suposed to get the kills as support you know :p
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 9:54am | Report
If you already are getting your carry and jungle fed, getting a few kills on a tanky support isn't bad. Carry getting 8/0/2 and support getting 2/0/8 is imho better than 10/0/0 and 0/0/10. This way I end up being tanky useful way earlier and this benefits the whole team. But there is only like 1 or 2 kills in my ranked games as taric I intentionally stole when carry could have taken. The rest are from teamfights where my w burst did the last hit on someone or early in lane where I do my best to save my carry and he dies leaving 1 enemy alive but low enough for me to finish.

If we are facerolling it is fun to try and ks though!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 10:31am | Report
The only time I ever get kills as Taric are when somebody on the enemy team is dumb enough to channel a spell while I am on their side of the map. Flash + stun + god mode burst = dead squishy.

I end up carrying half of my Nidalee support games though. It's often effortless.

Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 11:10am | Report
But you do pop w and ulti in teamfights right? But the other way around ofc. Never get a kill that way?

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 11:16am | Report
With his burst, sometimes it's hard not to, especially if you actually manage to catch the squishies in it.

Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 6:48am | Report
I was thinking about this thread when I saw this game. This is ks at it's best. Except for once duel with voli where i was alone.

Oh and watch their vaynes comment. I am kinda proud ;)

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 4:54pm | Report
Taric is easily one of the best supports. But even Taric can't win games when you have Boots of Swiftness Olaf jungle :(
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide