Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Embracing's Ranked Journey (Chinese Server)

Creator: Embracing March 26, 2012 7:27am
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 12:45am | Report
Embracing wrote:

cant elophant doesnt read cn

WTF. Das gey :|

Btw, as Xaioli reminded me when I hit Diamond 5, don't think it's worth 2200 elo xD... Statistically speaking, this season's Diamond 1 is the equivalent of last Season's Diamond (over all servers as far as I know), which was 2200 elo xP.

We aren't truly diamond yet friend. It is not over yet.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 1:21am | Report
Yeah. THE CLIMB NEVER ENDS!

Really sucks how the general skill level went down though..
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 4:56am | Report
gz again...

so much success in such a short time xD
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 5:04am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

WTF. Das gey :|

Btw, as Xaioli reminded me when I hit Diamond 5, don't think it's worth 2200 elo xD... Statistically speaking, this season's Diamond 1 is the equivalent of last Season's Diamond (over all servers as far as I know), which was 2200 elo xP.

But then if that's true, anyone who was diamond when they switched to the League system would have gained LP super fast as they'd have been placed in diamond 5.

I've heard your theory of tiers being placed at different Elo values this season, but it makes no sense. I was placed in silver 1 despite having 1498 Elo. If the new Gold is like 1360 or something, why was I placed in Silver, and why was I only gaining like 23 LP per game, if my MMR was apparently huge for a silver 1 player?

And remember that they changed the tier values near the END of season 2. And before that, the jump from silver to gold was 100, and the jump from gold to plat was 400. After that change, the jump from each tier to the next was 350, including from plat to diamond. Which was perfect, because that meant that you could have divisions in each tier, and switch over to the new ranked system.

I doubt they shifted the tier values because they were already perfect for switching over to the leagues system. And if they had, literally everyone in the game would have sky-rocketted through their tiers because you seem to think they shifted each tier down by nearly 200 Elo.

It don't make sense Percy. :/ Diamond is still 2200, plat is still 1850, gold is still 1500, silver is still 1150.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 5:13am | Report
it does make sense

if you look at statistics on the amount of players in each tier you'll find that the players in diamond and plat have significantly increased.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 5:35am | Report
Grats embracing :3
"It's gonna be legen… wait for it… dary!"
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 5:53am | Report
But then why didn't anyone have insane MMR on their first game this season. :/
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 8:50am | Report
I think the numbers increased mainly because people can't drop from tiers anymore. Not that I'm 100% sure about that or anything, just my first thought.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 9:28am | Report
@Vapora: It's not about the MMR system. I'm not trying to say that.
@Wayne: That's one factor that adds to the fact that the general skill level decreased as well.

The skill level has fallen - I'm 100% sure of it by personal experience. few games at gold 1 in na feel like gold 5 in na.
the plat 4/3 in cn even feels like gold 2~1

I'm not sure why but I really do think the general skill level has fallen down primarily due to the influx of players in this game. It's a common syndrome when something starts to get popular with limited restrictions. It's like schools with more students, work ethics at a company, etc
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2013 10:42am | Report

But then if that's true, anyone who was diamond when they switched to the League system would have gained LP super fast as they'd have been placed in diamond 5.

...what? Vapora pls don't post when you're drunk. Not sure if I wasn't clear enough in what I said or something cause this doesn't really have to do with what I said, so I'm quite confused right now lol. The state of the leagues/divisions is obviously not the same at the beginning and the end of a season. We are talking about right NOW, not the beginning of Season 3 o_O.

I've heard your theory of tiers being placed at different Elo values this season, but it makes no sense.

? No you just completely misunderstood me haha. I was defending my MMR site by saying that MMR didn't use the same numbers as ELO. AKA 1700 MMR = 1850 ELO. That's literally all I said lool.

I was placed in silver 1 despite having 1498 Elo. If the new Gold is like 1360 or something, why was I placed in Silver, and why was I only gaining like 23 LP per game, if my MMR was apparently huge for a silver 1 player?

?????? I never said gold was 1360 elo lol

You seem to think they shifted each tier down by nearly 200 Elo.

wtf.. there are so many things you assumed I said when I actually never did haha o.o''

K. Just forget numbers, MMR, elo or anything else.

I'll just give you approximate numbers to give you an idea of the point I'm trying to get across.

SEASON 2 (END)

Bronze contains: 42% of players
Silver contains: 46% of players
Gold contains: 9.9% of players
Platinum contains: 2% of players
Diamond contains 0.1% of players

You see. Diamond is an impressive achievement. Only the BEST 0.1% of the millions of players can get it.

Right now, Season 3 looks like this:

Bronze contains: 30% of players
Silver contains: 35% of players
Gold contains: 15% of players
Platinum contains: 14.8% of players
Diamond V-II contains: 5% of players
Diamond I - Challenger contains: 0.2% of players

I hope you can get my point more easily now.
Regardless of what were the starting points of the season or LP gains or w/e the hell you want. Right now, Diamond V to II looks TERRIBLY a LOT like Last Season's Platinum and Diamond I-Challenger is pretty much the exact same thing as Last season's Diamond. Of course these aren't the real numbers but they really do look similar to this.

This is why I only believe a true ''diamond'' (AKA S2 DIAMOND) has to be at least Diamond 1 this season

kthx

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide