Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EUW IceCreamy8's journey to Gold!

Creator: IceCreamy September 13, 2012 10:57am
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 7:45am | Report
About Leona/Ez losing: Overzealous, cocky, as you wish.

About Anivia build: I usually get RoA > (Chalice >) KLP > Deathcap > DFG > whatever the game needs. DFG is such a nice item on so many AP Carries, can't let it go. However I do focus on the RoA first. I get enough mana regen from the passive, and the key to not getting oom with Anivia is not to spam Q (so hard to hit, only use when someone has been hard CCd already) and R (pushes lane all the time, which can be good for roaming but can also be something you don't want because you will farm less). However I find myself in need of a chalice occasionally, depends per game. Sometimes I even do without it ^^
About Tear: Garbage, the only ones who should consider this are Yorick or Blitzcrank (aka people who will buy Manamune). For AP Carries, Chalice into AUG is SO much better than Tear into AAS.

Good tip on the Janna game, I often forget about Zeke's, I just build my core and go ahead from there. However I should be paying more attention to see if I need to get WotA or Zeke's first.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 8:36am | Report
wait what pheynix which one are you talking about i dont see a leona ez losing to vayne sona
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 8:44am | Report
Quoted:

wait what pheynix which one are you talking about i dont see a leona ez losing to vayne sona

I wrote that everyone lost lane, but we won the game xD

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 8:49am | Report
ohhh
didnt see that

anyways yeah in all levels of gameplay skill > matchup

however it gets closer and closer as you get better at the game cuz its harder to counter counters.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 11:01am | Report
counter the counter with counters to counter counters while countering counter-counter-counters.

Sig made by elenah
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 11:41am | Report
Will play more games tonight :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 1:30pm | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

About Anivia build: I usually get RoA > (Chalice >) KLP > Deathcap > DFG > whatever the game needs. DFG is such a nice item on so many AP Carries, can't let it go.

R (pushes lane all the time, which can be good for roaming but can also be something you don't want because you will farm less).

About Tear: Garbage, the only ones who should consider this are Yorick or Blitzcrank (aka people who will buy Manamune). For AP Carries, Chalice into AUG is SO much better than Tear into AAS.

Good tip on the Janna game, I often forget about Zeke's, I just build my core and go ahead from there. However I should be paying more attention to see if I need to get WotA or Zeke's first.

Theres no point in getting kage's that late. If you're planning on going DFG, it should be bought on your 1st back so you can actually get a few hundred gold out of it by the time you make dfg.

You almost ALWAYS want to R+Q the whole wave. That will secure you all 6 cs, and if there's a cannon, throw and E on the cannon. Against 50% of mid matchups, your opponent either will not be able to freeze the wave, or will not have the aoe to burst it down before it gets to tower. Against champs like kassadin, leblanc, fizz, orianna, annie, akali, etc, you want to shove wave after wave into their tower to ensure that they miss as much cs as possible. If you shove waves into the tower, you will also prevent godly roamers like ahri from leaving their tower alone to go gank other lanes. There is almost no situation you would want to not be spamming R+Q on the waves to kill it. Even if you have very little mana, shove the wave, secure all the cs, and then go back and buy. I don't think you're playing anivia right if you think tear sucks on her and you shouldn't be pushing.

If you are securing kills in your lane early, you might not want to push so that you can keep him in the middle of the lane where you can possibly kill him again. but in an even lane, shove that **** 24/7.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 1:33pm | Report
"About Tear: Garbage, the only ones who should consider this are Yorick or Blitzcrank"
BLITZ SHOULD NEVER IN A HUNDRED BAJILLION YEARS BUY TEAR OF THE GODDESS, EVER!!!!!!!!!!
You also forgot about ryze, urgot, and lich karthus. Tear is godly on anivia, you should skip RoA and try my froggen build: boots 3 pot, tear, revolver, giant's belt, mejai's, warmogs, rabadons, AA. Just try it one time and let me know if it's worse than DFG ROA.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 1:39pm | Report
Good luck, you are almost there!
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 1:57pm | Report

I don't believe this game, we 100 % deserved to lose but Ryze left so we won (eventually...). My friend, playing Yorick, didn't play as well as usual and bot lane wasn't doing great either. Luckily mid lane was winning and I had some good ganks, but in team fights all 5 were equally useless except Draven.

Current ELO: 1447!

@throatslasher: Really appreciate your criticism, I sure learn a lot from it. I still think Tear of the Goddess is just outclassed by Chalice of Harmony, so I'll never buy it on any AP champ (except maybe Ryze, since he scales better with mana). As for Manamune, Blitz is indeed bad (herpderped o_0) but Urgot and Yorick go nicely with it.

I agree with you that against godly roamers you need to push all day as Anivia so you need the mana/mana regen, but that's not in all games.

I'll give your build a try, but not in ranked for now as I'm not comfortable with it (yet?).

But this isn't an Anivia guide or discussion thread, let's keep briefly discussing my scores/builds or supporting/cheering for me ;D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide