Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

EvilDice's Competitive Top Lane Tier List

Creator: EvilDice October 25, 2012 1:05pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 9:20am | Report
^And Taric/Soraka, who both counter the current bruiser top meta quite well.

not that anyone other than me plays them top lane very often.

They're better as counterpicks, anyways.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 10:22am | Report
Black cleaver shuts that whole "soraka/taric top can work" theory down. Then again anything works in solo queue.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 10:38am | Report
Nah. You obviously don't understand the point...Brutalizer/Black Cleaver doesn't stop them from having stronger base stats that allow them to win lane. The bonus armor is annoying and makes them harder to kill, sure...but their kits otherwise counter melee champions.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 10:48am | Report
I'm not going to argue this with you. I know you do the "unconventional" I clearly think that it's not an intelligent option when there are better champions to throw top lane. You keep doing what you do, I'll do what I do. I prefer having a useful top laner late game...Rather what I consider "useful".
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 10:48am | Report
Sad to see Fiora T4... u have a really hard time vs jax/olaf but she can stand vs a lot of top tier laners she deserves tier 3 at least since she can be high return if fed. I win more than 90% of my top lane games with her...her damage output is amazing when you get BT+Hydra just the biggest double edge sword
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 12:39pm | Report

Shen should be top of t2, his utility is great but he has trouble in most lanes nowadays from what i've seen.

Malphite should be lower, hes a lot worse off now that resists suck.

Riven should be a bit higher too, she snowballs so hard off of one kill on a gank its p ridiculous.

Rumble seems a bit high but I don't have the experience to speak about him.

ive already stated why i like shen t1, but you are entitled to your own opinion ofc. he has trouble in a few lanes (mainly ranged), but i wouldnt say most. he actually fares quite well against some other t1 champs like jax and irelia.

malphite could be lower in tier 2, but definitely not tier 3. he just offers too much to a team. resists are fine, this isnt league of cleavers anymore.

riven is a heavy snowball champ but personally when making these rankings i dont take that into huge consideration. top is a snowball lane. 1 kill wins top in a hell of a lot of matchups. as far as total power level i just dont value riven very high.

Nighthawk wrote:

why are talon and garen so low?

also where's morde/kat/diana?

as long as you aren't as stressed with league it's cool :)

when i look at these champs i compare them to their couterparts. talon and garen are both melee ad burst champs, like riven, khazix, panth, zed, etc.. garen is extremely easy to kite and play against because of his cooldowns, in all phases of the game. talon just gets bullied out of top lane in a very high amount of matchups and bruisers (unlike mid laners) can easily build a chainvest. if it were a mid tier list talon would be a lot higher because obviously he rapes there.

also regarding your last point and nameless i just want to put this quote up again.

EvilDice wrote:

also i am not taking any weird unorthodox picks into consideration (top fid, ezreal, etc) that i have not had enough games to judge them from.

over the past year i have seen these champs maybe once or twice top lane, and i play a lot of top lane.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 1:13pm | Report
I didn't think malph was tier 3 either, but I don't see him that high in t2 tbh. Resists aren't as bad as league of cleaver, but most champs didn't upgrade brut pre s3 patch where there was no cleaver, and most didn't get LW until a good way down the line.

I'm going to try maxing w on shen... I just feel like a lot of champs bully him now, but I guess most of the time I'm just getting counterpicked as you usually need to pick shen pretty early to get him at all.

Riven I feel was just really really strong with the addition of new cleaver. That ult CD + brut/cleaver CDR is really ridiculous IMO.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 4:34pm | Report
I actually think Lulu top does the job better than either taric or soraka. Or teemo. I just don't do it more often because people rage or dodge unless they're friends.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 5:05pm | Report
ah I didn't even see that lol.

but you have kennen up there, and I haven't seen Kennen like, at all. I see Diana occasionally. I think she's pretty good up there. But w/e.

Jet wrote:
i always thought read was xaioli

they both cry whenever i post
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide