Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Janitsu's Ranked Journey

Creator: Janitsu January 18, 2014 1:10am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 3:26am | Report
Who cares about a sustained support? You take ignite for the upped kill potential not to reduce heal amounts. Ignite is way more valuable in lane phase and unless you can't sacrifice exhaust for late game you should always pick it up imo. Even if they can pop barrier to "counter" it you can at least force them to go back or get them really low (+ you know, they'll lose barrier and potentially flash anyway).

by jhoijhoi
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 3:28am | Report
Added peel + CC + damage reduction > true damage ticks, especially when that summoner spell results in robbing the adc of a potential kill. Call me old fashioned, but I think ignite on a support is a dumb FotM trend.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 3:30am | Report
Old fashioned it is, then.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 3:31am | Report
Like I said, it's based on playstyle and preference. But hey, I guess if the pros do it, you have to do it. **** your preferences, exhaust users! :V
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 3:35am | Report
I never said that, I just think it's better and coincidentally it fits my play-style and is my personal preference.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 3:39am | Report
I picked Exhaust because I was against Ezreal and Annie bot and I realised that the Ignite won't do anything against bursty kill lanes such as they had. Exhaust also fits better to my playstyle as Thresh :p
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 8:23am | Report
Barrier doesn't counter Ignite, it's more like the other way around. Ignite has a much longer duration and doesn't consume the full shield. If you're low it forces you to use Barrier in a non-optimal way and because it keeps ticking afterwards you could still die anyway. In general Barrier is good against burst and bad against damage over time due to the short shield duration.

Also, "robbing the ADC of a potential kill"? Chances are if an Ignite tick gets the kill the enemy was out of range anyway, and it's a kill you wouldn't have gotten without the use of Ignite. It really doesn't matter all that much who gets the kills in any case, the important thing is that kills are being had.

Especially in solo q I feel it's much more important to have the early kill threat and 2v2 advantage compared to the safety of Exhaust. Most ADCs are just going to save their gapcloser until you blow Exhaust anyway, and then you wasted a 210 second CD for nothing.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 8:29am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Barrier doesn't counter Ignite, it's more like the other way around. Ignite has a much longer duration and doesn't consume the full shield. If you're low it forces you to use Barrier in a non-optimal way and because it keeps ticking afterwards you could still die anyway. In general Barrier is good against burst and bad against damage over time due to the short shield duration.

Also, "robbing the ADC of a potential kill"? Chances are if an Ignite tick gets the kill the enemy was out of range anyway, and it's a kill you wouldn't have gotten without the use of Ignite. It really doesn't matter all that much who gets the kills in any case, the important thing is that kills are being had.

This pretty much.

Conclusion: Both have their pros.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 12:06pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Especially in solo q I feel it's much more important to have the early kill threat and 2v2 advantage compared to the safety of Exhaust. Most ADCs are just going to save their gapcloser until you blow Exhaust anyway, and then you wasted a 210 second CD for nothing.

Cause the damage reduction and getting your attack speed cut in half wouldn't already equate to the possible damage done by the afflicted adc wouldn't equal the amount of damage an ignite tick would do. Not to mention the slowed attack speed animation throws everyone off in every solo queue bracket (and if you go out of their attack range when running away, their animation will reset before they could get another AA off). And if your solo Q adc sucks (like most of them do), wouldn't you find yourself in the situation of trying to help them escape? Oh no! Your adc sucks balls and only has 10 hp and is getting chased by the adc! What ever will you do? LET'S BURN EM FOR 140+ DAMAGE! >:[

Exhaust works both wasy, ignite only cuts one way. Sure, ignite is ballsy and might have a big pay off, but exhaust plays in both corners as both defensive and offensive. I honestly think you guys are trying too hard to make ignite seem like the better choice in the matter, when it's pretty clear what's the most useful summoner spell. I'd only take ignite if I could trust my adc, which rarely happens, seeing how adc roles get swiped before me or my duo partner can grab them. Even if I'm rolling as a kill lane support. Because no matter what, you will always get the biggest derp in the world for an ADC if you're in solo queue. You gotto think Solo Queue smart.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 9:35am | Report

Game 2

Amumu and I were dc'd for the first six minutes :'( Still won though

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide