Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MrCuddowls' Ranked Journey To Gold

Creator: MrCuddowls September 13, 2012 1:02pm
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:18am | Report
just pray to god you never have to play against a Blitzcrank you're like a magnet for his grabs
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:21am | Report
By having this kind of an attitude when playing.

When you want to learn and not talk about what others did wrong.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:42am | Report
Blame yourself for every loss or atleast think about stuff you couldve done better.
Best way too improve all roles -> SPAM every role for about a week and go into AI Games and try to reach 100cs at the 10minute mark.
If you do These 3 things every turd is able to go gold - oh and watch replays if you lost and dunno why

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 9:17am | Report
You're asking for advice so thats a great start haha. Maybe I shouldn't have been so pessimistic in my first post, so I apologize.

Pretty much you just need to play, play and play. Playing will give you knowledge that you can only get from time.

Some things you wanna keep in mind-

10 cs for every minute in the game is hard to do but its very good.

Know correct ward placement. Even if you're not a support you should be warding up for your own safety and it benefits the team as well.

Don't talk unless you need to. Some people like to be friendly ingame and talk a lot but really, is it necessary? Its a game ofcourse but its also one where you want to win.

Focus on the end game win. An individual win (IE: one person does great and ***** on their lane) doesn't matter if the end result is a loss.

Be flexible

Go through your champ pool and in notepad make a list of 3-4 champs for a few roles. These can be your main champs. Play the **** out of those. You want a lot of games with those. Then have side champs that are mainly for counter picking. You want to pay attention to those too. Theres no point in counter picking if you're not proficient with the champ in the first place.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 11:03am | Report
Learn to last hit.

Stop dying so much (OMG play passively?)

If you're going to stick with a champ, don't let it be Kayle. She has very little "bounce back" if she loses in lane.

Don't give up?
Lasty
<Member>
Lasty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 12:04pm | Report
I don't think you're a gold player, which is NBD. When I decided to play ranked (i started a few months ago) I made sure that my mechanics were sound. I played a lot with throatslasher, and he gave me the ins and outs of top lane and matchups. I play nothing but top lane, and my mid is ****py but I don't feed with it. I played like 40 riven games, 40 olaf games, and 40 rumble games, and 40 yorick games, and then I went and played ranked, and spammed those champions. I'm currently better with a lot more tops, but I only play the best of the best top laners, and convince my team to let me top every game. I'm currently 1600 elo, and that came from being mentored, and also knowing the matchups and counterpicking like a boss. Kayle is a very mediocre top, and I can tell from your scores that your riven is balls. If I was against an ap teemo with no flash, I would be 10-0.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 12:14pm | Report
Lasty wrote:

I don't think you're a gold player, which is NBD. When I decided to play ranked (i started a few months ago) I made sure that my mechanics were sound. I played a lot with throatslasher, and he gave me the ins and outs of top lane and matchups. I play nothing but top lane, and my mid is ****py but I don't feed with it. I played like 40 riven games, 40 olaf games, and 40 rumble games, and 40 yorick games, and then I went and played ranked, and spammed those champions. I'm currently better with a lot more tops, but I only play the best of the best top laners, and convince my team to let me top every game. I'm currently 1600 elo, and that came from being mentored, and also knowing the matchups and counterpicking like a boss. Kayle is a very mediocre top, and I can tell from your scores that your riven is balls. If I was against an ap teemo with no flash, I would be 10-0.

hey throatslasher, you were banned for 3 days for a reason
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 12:20pm | Report
That should be permaban worthy lol

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 12:22pm | Report
lasty is throatslashers brother lol...

and he actually is 1600 too

edit:

oh and no offense but I think what he said is true, you really do need to work on your mechanics and get a better understanding.

Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 12:24pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

oh and no offense but I think what he said is true, you really do need to work on your mechanics and get a better understanding.

like, 300 more normal games.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide