Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nameless does ranked (s4)

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 19, 2014 11:22am
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:29pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
That's why I'm saying in the long term. I've always played mostly supportive roles: tanky/utility junglers or full supports and I still carried games. You just have to know what you have to do for every specific role.

Jungle is one of the best roles for carrying games, especially at lower ratings. You are able to snowball lanes early on, and snowballing, as most dedicated solo queue players know, is one of the most important features. Not just because it wins you games directly, but also the mental effect is very important and influential.

Vynertje wrote:

For a support, you've got to be everywhere on the map and make good decisions all the time. Play the game as a leader rather than a just a silent support and you WILL find yourself winning games. Especially if you buy mobi boots 24/7 (which you should) - it makes roaming a lot easier and you'll see your kill contribution shoot through the roof.

Again, dependent on who you are. Some people just don't have these kind of qualities as a person. Some people aren't born to be managers, thus will find it tougher to climb. Also, everyone will tell you, that it's a lot easier to just grab mid or jungle and carry, especially in Silver and Gold, than it is with support. At higher ratings, carrying with support becomes much easier because most people already have a good idea of what's supposed to happen and they don't **** up their lane before minute 10. Or well, not as often.

Vynertje wrote:

For the record, I carried myself from Diamond 5 to Diamond 2 84lp by pretty much exclusively playing support (mostly nami) in just a matter of weeks; about 50-70 games.

Carrying, or at least making sure that the game doesn't blow up in your pretty face, is a lot easier at higher ratings because people understand - more or less - how the game works. They get that a game isn't lost at minute 10, nor will most of them **** up their lanes beyond recognition prior to aforementioned time. Your game sense isn't likely to be miles ahead of whoever you're playing against. That can't be said for Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Generally speaking, of course.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:32pm | Report
I don't have an assertive personality AT ALL. Me being a leader is virtually impossible, because even I don't honestly believe people should listen to me, despite knowing I generally have better game sense than most of the people I play with.

When I can get people to listen to me, we generally win....hell, I spent a whole game coaching an ADC I was supporting because he wasn't very experienced and we not only completely beat our lane, but won the game handily.

I tend to be overly critical though, because I believe someone has to "keep me in check", and I tend to blame myself for mistakes made even if I didn't make them personally. I also struggle with the fact that a lot of people I know seem to think I can do a lot better because then I feel as if I'm letting them down, which causes further problems.

All in all, I really wonder why I even continue to play this game.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:36pm | Report

All in all, I really wonder why I even continue to play this game.

Preach it, sister.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:39pm | Report
Idk why people who are only stressed out by the game and have no fun playing it play the game either. I know at least 10 people who play despite not enjoying playing, not counting you two.
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:39pm | Report
#addicted
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:41pm | Report
Foxy Riven wrote:

#addicted

^
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:42pm | Report
Quoted:
Idk why people who are only stressed out by the game and have no fun playing it play the game either.

it's mostly the ranked element more than the game itself.

Take that out and I enjoy myself just fine, largely.

but I'm the kind of person who doesn't like disappointing people, so when someone tells me I could do better I strive to do better even if I hate it, because the idea of letting them down is something I hate even more.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:43pm | Report
Well, the game and the community kind of act like massive peer pressure. We want the LP. We want the tiers. We want the recognition. But we apparently suck. So here we sit eternally trying at something that is completely ****ing pointless.

At least that's how it is for me. I admit I'm ****ing psychotic internally with how I actually think about this game and why I play it. One game I'll be like *epic anime voice* "I'm going to master Jayce and become a diamond one top laner using him and him only. Then I will beat Dyrus in a 1v1 duel and take his place in TSM. With my goals complete, then I may finally rest."

And the next game I'm all like "That's it. The last ****ing straw! I Quit. **** this game. I can't do it. I mentally cannot even."

Then today I'm like; *epic anime voice* "I'm going to master Kha'Zix and become a diamond one jungler using him and him only. Then I will beat Meteos in a game and take his place in C9. With my goals complete, then I may finally rest."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:44pm | Report
Quoted:
Idk why people who are only stressed out by the game and have no fun playing it play the game either. I know at least 10 people who play despite not enjoying playing, not counting you two.

It has nothing to do with the game itself but what it represents. A competitive environment expects people who participate in it to be better than others, and more than that, improve. Any defeat is an individual failure and indirectly represents a failure to improve at the game. Quitting the game is simply the act of giving up, which would be even worse.

Note that this isn't my opinion, but merely what a game like this does from a psychological point of view.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 11:51am | Report
Well, the game and the community kind of act like massive peer pressure. We want the LP. We want the tiers. We want the recognition. But we apparently suck. So here we sit eternally trying at something that is completely ****ing pointless.

Yeah, this is pretty much 100% accurate for me, and a lot of people.

And I mean, I've actually climbed a bit, being in silver 2 now after being stuck in silver 3 like Nameless was for the longest time. And I really think the more you play, the higher you will get. It's just sorta hard to play 50-70 wins in a week or two, especially for people like myself and Nameless, who have about that many wins TOTAL, and we aren't as skilled as someone like Luther (cus he's a god) who despite not playing that many games can just hit plat anyways.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide