Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nameless does ranked (s4)

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 19, 2014 11:22am
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 6:59pm | Report
wat
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 7:00pm | Report
Take the compliment, man. :p
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 11:17am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
wat

I have more wins than you have games, and I hardly play ranked at all. If you actually played ranked a lot, you could probably get to diamond something as you are now, let alone improving.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2014 10:57pm | Report
I tried really hard to just sort of keep it together and just farm so I could catch up on CS after Thresh died a few times in lane (I was on-par up until about 15 min in)...but it didn't seem to really help much, since everyone else wanted to fight.

Our Talon was really pissed at me the entire game because I would back off when **** got bad, he actually told me to "drink bleach and go die in a hole" once.

halp pls

problems:
  • my CS is total ****
  • I bought a second BF sword instead of starting on Shiv or PD, which makes no sense
  • I let the flaming Talon get to me a bit
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2014 8:08am | Report
you already know your problems, don't need us to tell you ;)

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2014 8:11am | Report
I undoubtedly have more problems than that lol
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2014 9:55am | Report
Questions:
  • How did Thresh manage to die vs an Alistar lane and did you tell him to change anything in terms of playstyle?
  • When and why did you buy the Crystalline Flask? When and why did you buy the Vampiric Scepter?
  • How much attention did you pay to the position of the minion wave in lane? Can you remember whether you were constantly pushing it towards their tower, or whether it was just outside of your own tower / in the center of the lane? Did you at any point in the game try to change the position of the minion wave (if so, how and why)?
  • Somewhat related to my last question (since the position of the minion wave influences the ability to zone out enemies): did you miss most of the cs in lane because of the enemy Alistar properly zoning you while Thresh was dead or did you miss it simply due to poor mechanics?

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2014 10:09am | Report
answers:
  • I got their Sivir down to about 15% HP at level 1 because she and Alistar were split up for some reason, despite me pinging him to back off, Thresh (who for some reason had taken Death Sentence first), hooked her and used it to dive her after she'd flashed pretty far back, then died. He proceeded to do stuff like that over and over and I get the impression he was running full utility tree masteries, so he was reaaaaaaaaaaaally squishy. And, yes, I asked him to play a bit less aggressively after he'd died three times basically for free, but he didn't change what he was doing at all.
  • I bought the flask fairly early and it was because I was standing in the lane alone trying to hold a lot and needed the sustain. I got the vamp scepter after Doran's Blade and then got IE, but I probably should have changed the order of items...and I most certainly should not have bought a second BF sword.
  • It mostly was in the center of the lane or under my tower, I avoided pushing as much as possible because I didn't feel it was safe to do so.
  • I was getting zoned, but I kept up on CS for a while despite this (they couldn't really stop me from last hitting under my tower). The Sivir had piss poor CS early given the advantage she had though, so it's most likely a combination of both.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2014 10:25pm | Report
yea, I'm done.

this is one of the most BS games I've ever played in.

Duo'd with the Sivir, we were winning bot so hard early that they started sending 2-3 people bot and just diving us and no one ever followed up. When our allies finally decided to come bot, they proceeded to feed Graves like 2 more kills for free and make it even worse.

As if that wasn't enough, it kicked like three of us and the enemy team didn't have a single DC so they just won the game.

I'm seriously just done with this game.

problems:
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 8:05am | Report
  • I bought the flask fairly early and it was because I was standing in the lane alone trying to hold a lot and needed the sustain. I got the vamp scepter after Doran's Blade and then got IE, but I probably should have changed the order of items...and I most certainly should not have bought a second BF sword.

So if I understand this correctly, you went for a Crystalline Flask and Vampiric Scepter (relatively) early? I mean, Vamp is a good item for an ADC, but buying it early still delays the purchase of your first big item ( Infinity Edge) by 800 gold, which is why most people don't tend to buy it unless they reeaaally need it. Flask on top of that definitely shouldn't be necessary seeing as you get health sustain from Vamp and you can solve any mana issues by spamming less or buying a Mana Potion or 2 (note that 2 potions restore a total of 200 mana while the 3 Flask charges you get whenever you base restore 180). This is also a lot cheaper than getting the Flask assuming you don't buy an absurd amount of potions over the course of the laning phase.

In case it wasn't clear, the reason I was asking questions is because I feel it's a good/important thing to do when trying to improve: the question is whether you're aware of why you buy certain items while you're playing (or whether you can explain it afterwards, for that matter) and what the consequences of your choices are (delayed powerspike, possible change in playstyle / shift in terms of power level compared to your laning opponent, etc.).

Anyway, sorry about being demoted, that sucks x_x

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide