Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nameless does ranked (s4)

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 19, 2014 11:22am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 11:30am | Report
well, waiting for the video to finish uploading. tbh it's a pretty poor analog as the enemy support was dc'd for a huge portion of it, but I made plenty of mistakes so it still might help to have someone watch it.

I made like 10x times more. It's good comedic value.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 11:56am | Report
and there we are
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 12:15pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Completely agreed. The game is first and foremost all about having fun (in ranked as well!), if you're not having fun, don't play. In the end of the day your tier and division is only a virtual number in a virtual world; you won't get anything from it.

I get what you´re trying to say but it´s half true. The virtual number in the virtual world does grant something, which in turn makes people feel good about themselves, etc. In the end it´s one of those things we give meaning to ourselves, as a community.

Now I´m not saying that I disagree with you on the former, not at all. We play games because we enjoy them, and sure competitivity can make it feel more like a chore than something we do to relax and unwind. While playing soloq ranked is definitely a nuisance for me at times, I do still play it because I enjoy playing in a competitive environment. As long as you find enjoyment somewhere, keep playing, otherwise just take a break or call it quits.
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 2:28pm | Report
I'm not the best player around but you asked for feedback so here's what I have to say, from watching the video :

- Cookies : don't use cookies for mana. Save them for when you'll need health. And also, don't use them if you know that you're going to go back in a few seconds.

- On the lane, you sometimes wasted your mana, for heals most of the time. You were in a 2v1, right, but still. Sona's heals were designed to heal more the less hp you have : do not spam it. You sometimes healed OTG when he was almost full health : there is no resistances buff on W anymore, and the shield is not worth alone. Your ADc has a Doran's Blade to help him sustain, it sometimes is enough to just let him hit minions.

- You missed a lot of Qs. Try to use Q after you used an auto to be sure to hit it. You often used your Q in front of an ennemy tower : the on-hit doesn't proc on them and it doesn't give bonus AP nor AD anymore. You should only use it if you have 2 stacks of your passive.

- Your camera : you seem to be used to play with locked camera. I really advise you to unlock it. For instance, at a moment in the game, you came back to mid lane and got instantly grabbed by Blitzcrank. You had locked camera at this moment. If you unlock the camera and put it a bit more in the direction where you're going, you could have seen that Blitzcrank was in hook range, and would have paid more attention to it. What's more, when it comes to teamfights, when your camera is locked on you, it doesn't give a global vision of the fights or your carries, that you are supposed to protect. This is my feeling.

- You only used your sweeper once in that game.

- You could have bought another pink ward and put it in front of the baron or dragon instead of keeping the one in their bottom tribrush.

- You got carried by Teemo and Akali jungle GG.

That said, it seemed to be a "cool" game, without any pressure (you were pretty far ahead) so you were maybe a bit less careful.
Gl !
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 2:55pm | Report
yea, a lot of those things (using the sweeper once and just leaving a random vision ward for no reason), were mostly because the game was really casual and I wasn't really trying very hard. As I said, this was a pretty poor analog because I wasn't really taking things seriously.
  • Cookies....yea, that was mostly related to not wanting to go back
  • I'm still used to old Sona, so a lot of that (like using Q when taking towers) is ingrained in my mind from multiple seasons of playing her with different buffs on her skills.
  • Yea, unfortunately I got in the habit of using locked camera back when I started and it's a lot harder to switch to not doing that than it is to, for example, start using smartcast (something else I didn't do for quite a while).
  • hey now, I did plenty of useful things in teamfights that got them kills
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 3:04pm | Report
Wtf you can't play support with locked camera, STOP. Or any other role for that matter. That is one HORRIBLE habit that you need to drop ASAP. Playing with smart cast isn't necessary, I don't and have never used it, but having an unlocked camera is.

by jhoijhoi
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 3:05pm | Report
Quoted:
Wtf you can't play support with locked camera, STOP. Or any other role for that matter. That is one HORRIBLE habit that you need to drop ASAP. Playing with smart cast isn't necessary, I don't and have never used it, but having an unlocked camera is.

Agreed. It restricts your ability to keep track of vision and the map as a whole.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 3:14pm | Report
mfw im still using locked camera

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 3:18pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:
mfw im still using locked camera

So you are JC?
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 3:26pm | Report
it's a lot easier to use unlocked camera than it is locked

it's not impossible to use locked camera, i know of people that have done very well with locked camera. I would suggest holding space (or some other key) in unlocked camera mode to imitate locked until you get used to having unlocked.

edit: also gurl, gimme sum tat rP

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide