Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nameless does ranked (s4)

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 19, 2014 11:22am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 1:48pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
just remember the more you play the more you'll climb, because you're better than your teammates so you will win more games than they do

I've come to determine that that's a load of horse ****.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 1:51pm | Report
yea....I'm winning SO much more than they are. That's why I'm at 40 wins and 60+ losses.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 1:53pm | Report

I've come to determine that that's a load of horse ****.

Nope.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 1:56pm | Report
It doesn't even matter if it is a load of **** or not.

Whether I play better than my allies or not, I'm obviously not doing enough to get anywhere, so what difference does it make?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:02pm | Report
In the long term it always works like that. If you're still not climbing after a lot of games, you're simply not good enough - period.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:06pm | Report
I can't force myself to grind because the self-doubt causes massive amounts of stress and anxiety...as usual.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:10pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
In the long term it always works like that. If you're still not climbing after a lot of games, you're simply not good enough - period.

Applies more to games which aren't team-based. It's largely true that you will climb in the long run if you're good enough, but it also heavily depends on whatever you're playing and who you are.

The kind of person who mains support - and pretty much only play support - will have a much harder time climbing the ladder than someone who doesn't. Then it also depends on the type of support and what kind of player they are.

Then it also comes down to who you are really. I mean, if you have all the knowledge in the world but no leadership qualities, thus no way of bringing this to your allies in a good way, then it doesn't really make much difference and pretty much only feed your frustration.

tl;dr It's largely true, but it heavily depends on what role(s) you play, which champions you are good at, and who you are. Solo queue is more than "If you're good then you will climb".
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:18pm | Report
I play top lane and support. You know, the roles that are arguably the worst for carrying solo Q games. So yea. I do tend to get annoyed feeling like I'm playing well and losing a lot of games anyway.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:20pm | Report
That's why I'm saying in the long term. I've always played mostly supportive roles: tanky/utility junglers or full supports and I still carried games. You just have to know what you have to do for every specific role.

For a support, you've got to be everywhere on the map and make good decisions all the time. Play the game as a leader rather than a just a silent support and you WILL find yourself winning games. Especially if you buy mobi boots 24/7 (which you should) - it makes roaming a lot easier and you'll see your kill contribution shoot through the roof.

For the record, I carried myself from Diamond 5 to Diamond 2 84lp by pretty much exclusively playing support (mostly nami) in just a matter of weeks; about 50-70 games.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:29pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
That's why I'm saying in the long term. I've always played mostly supportive roles: tanky/utility junglers or full supports and I still carried games. You just have to know what you have to do for every specific role.

For a support, you've got to be everywhere on the map and make good decisions all the time. Play the game as a leader rather than a just a silent support and you WILL find yourself winning games. Especially if you buy mobi boots 24/7 (which you should) - it makes roaming a lot easier and you'll see your kill contribution shoot through the roof.

For the record, I carried myself from Diamond 5 to Diamond 2 84lp by pretty much exclusively playing support (mostly nami) in just a matter of weeks; about 50-70 games.

Problem I seem to get trying to do that is there's usually another dude trying to play "leader" too. We either get split with some people following me and others following leader B, or everyone ignores me and dies with leader B. Or my personal favorite, leader B refuses to accept my leadership and dies alone.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide