Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ranked Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Creator: Luther3000 May 13, 2013 5:26pm
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 6:35pm | Report
Mods please lock the thread because thanks to this anonymous and amazing, not to forget very handsome and talented, support player Luther managed to hit gold which was, of course, the point.

Everyone thank you for your support and kindness, good night!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2013 8:08pm | Report

Game 1 (MF): Won lane hard and was like 7/1 at one point but the other team had a lategame comp of Kog, Nunu and Ryze, our Kha'zix got wrecked top by Renekton and our team was **** at teamfighting. Pretty much a repeat of the first MF game.

Game 2 (Varus): The Cho from the last game said he mostly played support and sucked at everything else so we let him support this time. Unfortunately he apparantly also sucked at support as he stood behind me at the tower the entire time being useless. They had blue side Caitlyn Nunu and were practically level 2 when we arrived, so they zoned the **** out of me. Meanwhile their Lux was legendary and had already ganked bot twice at ~13 minutes. TEAM SUCKED GG.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2013 7:21am | Report
np, i'm losing my promotion probably, so you are k. :P

Sig made by Aquilegia
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 6:43pm | Report
playing to prevent elo decay woo

Game 1 (Varus): FP locked Thresh even though we asked for bot so GMD went top. Lost the lane due to mistakes from both of us and bad csing, but our Gragas was legendary, GMD was pretty fed too since he was Zed against Ezreal and Nautilus helped bot with ganks. Pretty much every time I died in this game was from a derp mistake.

Game 2 (Graves): We made Caitlyn waste her flash at level 1 when she facechecked tribush trying to stop golems but their harass was still too much and we both died when our Hecarim came to gank because I walked into her Q like a ******. He picked up the double kill though and got ridiculously fed throughout the game. I played a little better this game but still not very well. Hecarim was flaming us like a giant ****bag all game even though we were pretty much even in cs and ahead in kills.

Both games especially the second had *******s complaning and flaming on both teams. O boy I sure do love the LoL community sometimes. Incidentally my MMR is apparantly godawful because I was 5th pick in both games behind GMD (who is silver 1).

51 LP
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2013 10:24pm | Report
This thread is basically dead but I thought I'd post this game cuz it was particularly close/interesting.

Duo q with Mowen. <3

Pretty much went even in lane, but we ended up coming out ahead because mid and jungle dived with us several times. We took dragons and a baron and more or less had it in the bag, but then we threw a lot by initiating bad dives and the second time we tried to take baron it got stolen. After that we were on the back foot and fights were extremely close with only 1 or 2 people living. We made a bad call to take dragon while backing off and they took another baron, then we lost several more close fights. Happily they overstayed trying to take an inhibitor and 3 of them got picked off, most importantly Caitlyn, so we were able to rush their nexus because of death timers. My cs is mostly ****py because I completely abandoned farming after the lane phase to help the team, we were even earlier in the game.

81 LP
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2013 10:57pm | Report
i think newom is way better than this other support person.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 8:19pm | Report
Here's some stuff wot I did.

I randomly got asked to fill in as ADC for a team and then this happened. The Vayne is bronze IV.

Nothing special really, this was a fairly boring farm game for me. Despite how it looks we were actually behind and getting pressured hard in bot with Trist constantly pushing to our turret. Considering that and the fact that everyone in the game except me was plat I am pretty happy that I was able to outfarm her and get pretty close to having 'perfect' cs.

Ahri game I played against a Fizz who roamed a lot and got insanely fed, unfortunately my mid is really rusty and I wasn't really following him or making anything happen. I hit some decent charms but mostly got carried.

Corki game we had a super fed jungle Eve and Corki is pretty OP with the new triforce. At the end of the game I was left 1v2 against their fed Kassadin and jungle Blitz and killed them both because I had a BV.

We decided to play passively after they counterpicked my Ezreal with Draven and Thresh so Mowen picked Janna. They pushed to tower all day but there were no real problems farming and it only made them vulnerable to Eve ganks. I'm pretty happy with having a farm lane considering the matchup, they could probably have been much more effective if they froze instead of pushing constantly.

This game promoted me, skipping gold III and going straight to II. Mowen also got placed into silver I. c:

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 11:52pm | Report
The Skips! Now, won't u try for plat :>?
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2013 3:27am | Report
^

told ya it'd be ez
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2013 3:36am | Report
Just go for plat lol, you can get it easily.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide