Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ranked Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Creator: Luther3000 May 13, 2013 5:26pm
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2013 7:00pm | Report

Agreed, I had to lane against a diamond 2 mid laner once because of duo queue, which was beyond stupid. >.>

In my first series game we had a Gold I first pick duo'd with a Bronze V last pick who went Fizz top against an Aatrox; and although the Gold I was really good the Bronze V was so bad that the balance came out negatively, I mean what can you do when he dies 5 times in 5 minutes despite our jungler camping for him and has 70 cs in 40 minutes?

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 6:49am | Report
Lucorian5 wrote:

In my first series game we had a Gold I first pick duo'd with a Bronze V last pick who went Fizz top against an Aatrox; and although the Gold I was really good the Bronze V was so bad that the balance came out negatively, I mean what can you do when he dies 5 times in 5 minutes despite our jungler camping for him and has 70 cs in 40 minutes?

In my game, the Diamond 2 was an Ahri who was 10x better than me, and I finished laning phase 1/3 with like 40 less CS than her.

Yet even though I'd gone against easily the best player in our game by far and managed to not feed her, the rest of my team DID feed, with no roaming by Ahri, against players who were MEANT to be worse than them, because of Ahri duo queueing with someone lower than her.

It was one of the most unbalanced games of my life lol. Duo queueing is stupid. They need to remove it or fix it so that if I go against someone a full tier higher than me, I shouldn't be expected to win the lane hard enough to hard carry the rest of my team afterwards. If I'm going through the hardest lane of my life, my team should be going through the easiest lane of their lives. >.<
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 11:10am | Report

In my game, the Diamond 2 was an Ahri who was 10x better than me, and I finished laning phase 1/3 with like 40 less CS than her.

Yet even though I'd gone against easily the best player in our game by far and managed to not feed her, the rest of my team DID feed, with no roaming by Ahri, against players who were MEANT to be worse than them, because of Ahri duo queueing with someone lower than her.

It was one of the most unbalanced games of my life lol. Duo queueing is stupid. They need to remove it or fix it so that if I go against someone a full tier higher than me, I shouldn't be expected to win the lane hard enough to hard carry the rest of my team afterwards. If I'm going through the hardest lane of my life, my team should be going through the easiest lane of their lives. >.<

Theres no real way to fix it, its kind of the best it could possibly be to be honest. Say a Plat III and a Silver V are duoing, one option is to throw the silver under the bus and put them with the Plat III's MMR of players which is clearly unfair for the team with the Silver V since hes gonna feed. But if you do it the other way and put them with Silver V (which is usually bronze) MMR then the Plat guy gets freelo and will just roflstomp and make it not fun for the enemy who queued up expecting to play against silvers/bronze. I guess you could do that and make it so the Plat guy gets like maximum 5 LP for a win, but really that still just ruins the game for the other team; one thing you could do is make it so you can only duo with people one league higher or lower, but your still gonna have like Gold Is duo'd with Silver V's which is a pretty major skill difference. Basically the way they have it now by putting it somewhere in the middle is the best possible solution.

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 2:13pm | Report

I was 4th pick and didn't get AD this game, so I picked Vlad because he's by far my most comfortable mid/top lane. I got first blood when I used ignite on Liss after we caught her in their red jungle with a Blitz grab. Lane was pretty much a complete farmfest except for one death to an Aatrox gank that I would probably have escaped if I used flash early instead of late.

Although Liss took a cs lead the guy was really bad at following up on fights going on in other lanes and at dragon, and I picked up around 4 or 5 kills from roaming to river fights along with several dragons while he was farming/at base.

I decided to put my money into a full offensive build which allowed me and Ezreal to basically one shot their entire team during teamfights. Eventually Singed splitpushed bot lane almost to inhib while they wasted time trying to 5v4 push mid and when several of them ran to stop him we started baron. When he teleported in we cleaned up their whole team and they surrendered before we could take their base.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 2:36pm | Report
omawgd is this the promo for Gold 1 already?
You can do it. Get dat plat D:!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 2:49pm | Report
I have faith in you Luther. :)

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 3:39pm | Report
thx frenz

duo with wayniekins

Picked Corki because he's broken. Wayne got his blue buff stolen at level 1 which was pretty unfortunate as Hecarim built up a big lead and camped the **** out of mid with a gank or two in the sidelanes as well.

Top was losing hard and dying a lot, mid was doing okay although somewhat behind due to ganks. Bot lane went pretty damn well after a few dangerous moments in early laning. Once I had Sheen and Phage I was able to deal with Caitlyn and Blitz grabs barely even mattered because I could burst her so much harder and Janna also played well.

At one point where Wayne came bot we got a whole bunch of kills and objectives all in a row, then about 30 seconds later we almost threw hard by losing a whole bunch of kills and objectives. Fortunately by this point Garen had somehow come back from losing his lane, he become an unstoppable tanky beast in teamfights and Kayle was also doing well. I was fed as heck and triforce + IE Corki is pretty stupid, I crit for literally half health on Caitlyn several times when she mispositioned.

1-0
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 3:51pm | Report
Being behind as a jungler is really annoying to deal with >.>

Still cool how Fizz ulted me almost every fight though :3 gl in your other promos!

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 4:38pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Being behind as a jungler is really annoying to deal with >.>

Still cool how Fizz ulted me almost every fight though :3 gl in your other promos!

Life of a jungler
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 5:51pm | Report
protip: disregard losing lanes, camp winning ones, get fed from scrubbies dying to yo ganks, tax after, **** *****es.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide