Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ranked Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Creator: Luther3000 May 13, 2013 5:26pm
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 4:16pm | Report

***dddfffff it took me like a week to gather up the courage and then this happens

I was over 2x Sivir's cs because he's a ****ing idiot who picked Sivir into Caitlyn but the team didn't protect me at all in teamfights and Lee/Renek/Ryze all dived me and instagibbed me while taking zero damage for some reason. I have no idea what Fizz, Jarvan or Shen were doing in teamfights because they always left me completely alone and died somewhere miles away almost instantly without doing any damage. Also Shen didn't use his ult in a useful way a single time in the game, nor did he splitpush, so god knows why he bothered with the pick.

Idk how to carry when it's like this, I couldn't kite or outplay against them at all. <.<

***sssssssssssssssssssssssss
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 5:11pm | Report
Some are born on a golden crib and arent happy about i7. z.z

good luck. :P

Sig made by Hogopogo
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 6:27pm | Report
The only thing I can guess you could improve based on what I know is your communication with your team. Part of carrying the game can be directing the team to objectives / strategy in order to win. For example, you could've told Shen to split push while the rest push mid (or something).

Sometimes you play really well, and sure you coulda played better, but you just lose anyways. It happens. I'm so glad you're trying to play ranked more though, and I think you should keep at it! As long as you're doing consistently well and applying a lot of pressure in the game you will climb. :)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 6:45pm | Report
alright here's my last attempt at some advice cause I know you're easily good enough to reach platinum.

You should try and treat ranked games more casually, like you're just playing a game you like and you're just looking to do your best. If you hype it up too much, you're going to get nervous and you'll be way more concious of bad stuff that happens that really shouldn't be affecting you.

Also, while setting a goal is a good thing, you shouldn't tunnel on it cause then every defeat will just feel like you're being set back further and further and that's only going to enforce the 'I'll never reach my goal' attitude you've got going on there. Rather than focusing on how much lp you've gained or lost, try and focus on your play (and your play alone, not your teams play) and how you can do better next game.

And finally, you need to WANT to play. Every time I hear you say how you just don't enjoy playing ranked and if after reading this you still don't, then what's the point? You don't need to reach platinum just to have people respect you or to prove anything to anyone. We already respect you and we all know you can be a platinum level player if you want to be. There's no need to put so much pressure on yourself.

Anyway. If you do decide to continue going for it, just try to have fun. I KNOW that you can do it because I've played with you plenty and I also know how the avarage platinum AD carry is and really, they're nothing special at all. All you'd have to do is just play a few games a day and you will automatically get it.

so ya good luck n stuff and things
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 9:43am | Report
Mowen wrote:

The only thing I can guess you could improve based on what I know is your communication with your team. Part of carrying the game can be directing the team to objectives / strategy in order to win. For example, you could've told Shen to split push while the rest push mid (or something).

Sometimes you play really well, and sure you coulda played better, but you just lose anyways. It happens. I'm so glad you're trying to play ranked more though, and I think you should keep at it! As long as you're doing consistently well and applying a lot of pressure in the game you will climb. :)

thanks friend

Yeah I'm pretty bad at this when playing alone. I play much more nervously and usually just follow around the team. I don't really know how to make calls at all when everything is going so badly. My usual strategy is to stay in lane a lot more freezing or splitpushing for pressure because when I'm playing with a premade I trust them to not be frickin' idiots while I'm doing it.

Khazem wrote:

alright here's my last attempt at some advice cause I know you're easily good enough to reach platinum.

You should try and treat ranked games more casually, like you're just playing a game you like and you're just looking to do your best. If you hype it up too much, you're going to get nervous and you'll be way more concious of bad stuff that happens that really shouldn't be affecting you.

Also, while setting a goal is a good thing, you shouldn't tunnel on it cause then every defeat will just feel like you're being set back further and further and that's only going to enforce the 'I'll never reach my goal' attitude you've got going on there. Rather than focusing on how much lp you've gained or lost, try and focus on your play (and your play alone, not your teams play) and how you can do better next game.

And finally, you need to WANT to play. Every time I hear you say how you just don't enjoy playing ranked and if after reading this you still don't, then what's the point? You don't need to reach platinum just to have people respect you or to prove anything to anyone. We already respect you and we all know you can be a platinum level player if you want to be. There's no need to put so much pressure on yourself.

Anyway. If you do decide to continue going for it, just try to have fun. I KNOW that you can do it because I've played with you plenty and I also know how the avarage platinum AD carry is and really, they're nothing special at all. All you'd have to do is just play a few games a day and you will automatically get it.

so ya good luck n stuff and things

thanks friend

I know that I should but I don't really know how to. It's hard not to be hype when I really want to get plat, and I'm nervous all the time in any case lol.

You're pretty much exactly right about my motivations, I don't actually enjoy playing the game alone. But I feel like you're wrong, I do need to reach platinum to have people respect me and more importantly to respect myself. You guys might believe that I'm at a plat level but I don't believe it myself and I never will unless I can get it.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 9:46am | Report
I main suhport, contact mee if you wanna duo sometime.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2013 8:12am | Report
Thanks for the offer friend, not sure you want me dragging you down though. :P
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2013 8:53am | Report
Dragging down my ***. You have good statts most of the time. And even with ur scaredy style you should carry hard enough D:
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2013 6:51pm | Report
weee

We were planning to invade their blue but en route noticed Nidalee extending too far in mid, so Mowen landed a hook and picked up first blood for me, allowing me to start the lane with both doran's blade and a longsword. After that it was pretty much a pure stomp with us crushing the lane 2v2 and Fizz also getting fed. Singed was losing his lane pretty badly but it really didn't matter considering how crazy snowballed the rest of the map was.

This game was pretty much all the horrible things about solo queue in one game. We invaded again and picked up first blood again, but this time both mid and top lane died by level 2 and we also gave up kills bot lane. Nocturne spent the entire game flaming people and Singed spent the entire game loudly talking in all chat about how it was all because we invaded and he had to start E.

Support Annie is super legit by the way, that damage is ridiculous even pre-6.

Pretty close game, we were slightly behind in bot lane due to their strong 2v2 but keeping up in farm. Tryndamere was seeimgly semi-trolling because someone on his team flamed him and ended up 0/10 by midgame as he was just roaming around our jungles trying to push lanes. This should have made it an easy win, but Ahri was an elitist jerk who was barking out bad calls constantly. Jarvan also called me bad after we died near dragon, so **** him too.

We ended up semi-throwing several times and even though the scores make our team look way ahead, Tryndamere ultimately became a force in the game by splitpushing like crazy and backdooring our inhibitor twice. Our team was for some reason also incredibly reluctant to group, especially for the easy victory push after we took baron and I was worried that Tryndamere might actually be able to win them the game. Fortunately with all our carries fed we eventually rolled them in a 5v5 fight at their mid inhib.

97 LP ****disgame
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2013 10:20pm | Report
Your matches go for so long :o
I am in Gold V promos as we speak and the matches are so much quicker :3
Other than that you seem to be going quite well!
Hopefully I will see you up in Gold 1 or higher soon enough XD

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide