Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

S5 Ranked: One Way Ticket to Hell

Creator: Wayne3100 January 21, 2015 8:10am
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 7:32am | Report
It's not so much the AS as it is the 25% crit, especially when you've rushed IE.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2015 5:02am | Report
Game 75 & 76

Tried to get into promos by playing some quick games a few days ago, as you can see that didn't entirely work out though.

In the Gnar game, our team forgot to ban Hecarim and unfortunately that's what ended up costing us the game. I could lane against him just fine, but he had a couple of good Teleport plays that my team didn't respond to in time / properly (despite my warning pings), which allowed their team to secure objectives and slowly but surely push for the win. Bit frustrating that there wasn't more I could do to stop him whenever he TP'd (I was usually in base or didn't have my TP up).

Anyway, on to the highlighted game, which I'm pretty sad about. I picked Lissandra into Fizz because I know that matchup is good for her in mid, but I soon found that he kept outdamaging me whenever he went in with Urchin Strike despite me having minions around me and using Ring of Frost on him every time. I also couldn't stay nearer to the safety of my tower without zoning myself from XP because of the length of the lane. Because of this, he managed to kill me for First Blood pre-6. I figured I'd be in trouble after that, but Lee Sin came to gank top for me shortly after and it was easy to bait Fizz so we picked up a kill in return. That gave me the gold to get some items, and I noticed once I had those that my poke was (finally) starting to really hurt him so I came out ahead in the end.

After laning for a bit, we both started joining our teams in mid lane / around the dragon area more often. The fights we had there were generally pretty hectic ( Lissandra/ Zed/ Amumu/ Kayle/ Janna/ Fizz/ Lee Sin ults used every time), but we were able to kill a bunch of towers after every (close) fight we had and things looked pretty good for us overall. Unfortunately, we then had one fight which started horrendously (0-3) about 33 min in, and despite me being able to soften the blow by getting a triple kill before dying it was followed by an absolutely atrocious fight which lost us the game. We first had to blow Sivir ult to avoid getting caught 4v5 because Zed was bot, and then once he joined us and we tried to turn he pretty much instantly died without doing anything so they aced us and pushed mid for the win.

For the tl;dr, here's the gold graph of that game (we were blue side):

On an entirely unrelated note, we're also making some roster changes and having some try-outs for our team. We played our first four games yesterday evening and went 4-0. Not sure whether I want to post anything about team games in this thread, but just figured I'd mention it.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2015 8:25am | Report
Play vlad, win games :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2015 12:53pm | Report
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'd prefer losing.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2015 1:54pm | Report
Lol

Good luck with the team!

Also I want you to want to post anything about team games in this thread ^^
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2015 6:27am | Report
Game 77

Still won't be having too much time to play in the near future, so I'm probably going to stick to posting 1 or 2 games at a time for now. Will post something about team games once we play the final placement game, too.

Vi ganked top quite a lot in this game, but Gragas was (almost) always there to get clean up kills after I died so both of the junglers got pretty fed early on. Gragas then did a better job influencing other lanes while I picked up a couple of kills by roaming mid or Teleporting bot, so once we got into early teamfights we had a pretty decent lead. Some members of the enemy team also got caught out of position a couple of times at this point so we won the game quite convincingly in the end.

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2015 4:19am | Report

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2015 5:12pm | Report
Game 78-80

Was hoping to reach series with a quick win, but after 2 duo games with Luther and one with Joxuu I find myself at 80 LP, 5 lower than where I started. I didn't get the screenshot of the first game (which was probably the most interesting one - match details can be found here), so I guess I'll display the win instead :)

Short summary for each game:
  • 1: Won my lane and managed to go 5-0 before the first actual teamfight started by also getting kills during a gank and from roaming to mid. Unfortunately, my team as a whole only had 6 kills at this point and we lost that fight 2-4 (both kills again going to me, which was not a good thing), allowing the enemy team to secure a dragon and a tower. Initially we seemed to recover from this quite well by picking up some towers of our own, but overall we simply didn't play teamfights well enough to win. While the 0/3 Nasus was somehow allowed to zone Luther ( Sivir) without taking damage, the Vi and Nautilus ultimates were used on me instantly anytime I got near the enemy backline so I'm not sure how much more I could've done.
  • 2: Hit level 2 before the enemy bot lane did, hit a hook on the Caitlyn followed by one on Morgana once I realised she had skilled Q-W on her first two levels. We forced her Flash and Caitlyn's Heal doing that so we looked to be in good shape, but then got ganked really early by a red buff Lee Sin and both died. We could've probably recovered from that but my level of play went down a lot after that and our team was too busy complaining to help, so this game became quite painful.
  • 3: Managed to first pick Gragas for Joxuu and then laned with a pretty good Thresh player / support main, who made the lane against Kog'Maw / Nami (which should honestly be bad for Sivir) a lot more manageable. Came out of lane ahead and picked up kills in early skirmishes near Dragon while Joxuu also got fed. Game snowballed fast at this point.

Joxuu > Luther confirmed.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2015 6:05pm | Report
"I'm pretty sure I'm a diamond level player"

> gets destroyed by low platinums twice in a row

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar