Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 11:50am | Report

Vlad dun counter Kat :P

Nope farm off. Slight advantage Kat.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 11:52am | Report

I don't get sightstone on supports. I don't like being restricted to only 3 wards per slot, and 700 gold is a lot to blow at once as a support since you have nothing to build it out of.

Sightstone is equivalent to getting 50 gold per minute, and Ruby Sightstone is 68 or 75 gold per minute depending on how you want to count it. Philosopher's Stone works out to 30 gold per minute, and Kage's Lucky Pick is 24. So even at its "worst", Ruby Sightstone is better than both GP10s put together. It's really not a lot if you start Crystalline Flask + 4 Sight Wards. The sooner you get used to s3 items, the better.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 11:55am | Report
astrolia wrote:

Sightstone is equivalent to getting 50 gold per minute, and Ruby Sightstone is 68 or 75 gold per minute depending on how you want to count it. Philosopher's Stone works out to 30 gold per minute, and Kage's Lucky Pick is 24. So even at it's "worst", Ruby Sightstone is better than both GP10s put together. It's really not a lot if you start Crystalline Flask + 4 Sight Wards. The sooner you get used to s3 items, the better.

^this exactly.

Also its*
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 11:55am | Report
I didn't say it was bad, I said I don't like it for my own reasons. I prefer rushing items that will help my team snowball to win and not just some hp and wards.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 11:59am | Report

I didn't say it was bad, I said I don't like it for my own reasons. I prefer rushing items that will help my team snowball to win and not just some hp and wards.

No but I'm saying that you are shooting yourself in the foot by not getting the Sightstone.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 12:00pm | Report
How so? In lane I get my 1-2 wards to cover ganks, then I grab a cloth/ruby crystal and force exchanges on enemies who only build sightstone and snowball with kills.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 12:00pm | Report
So what are you going to buy for 1300 gold that will have as much impact as nearly always being able to have a ward on you and having enough HP to help your carry fight in lane w/o dying instantly? 3 Ruby Crystals?

Also GMD you saw nothing. ( ¬╭╮¬)
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 12:04pm | Report
astrolia wrote:

So what are you going to buy for 1300 gold that will have as much impact as nearly always being able to have a ward on you and having enough HP to help your carry fight in lane w/o dying instantly? 3 Ruby Crystals?

Also GMD you saw nothing. ( ¬╭╮¬)

I'm sorry I did, but I'm very discrete :P
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 12:06pm | Report
I just grab an early aegis/zekes and by the time the enemy sightstone starts paying off, I already have auras to help my whole team win fights. Just my 2 cents.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2012 12:26pm | Report
That buying strategy is completely reliant on starting team fights ASAP so the enemy support will have like a half-finished item. You end up spending more money on wards overall (unless you don't ward at all) meaning the enemy support will end up richer than you over the course of the game.

Unless, of course, you're getting over9k assists compared to the other support, in which case the game is just a stomp anyway and you could be building anything. :V

My 2c, obv.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide