Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 9:31pm | Report
Urgh, first time in ages that I get to see the stats screen, and I see that I've only gained 5 LP from it. Probs because of Cass and Zilean, who I now see were either premade, or the similarity of their names was a massive coincidence.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 9:53pm | Report

I guess. Not dying isn't always good though, I do think that sometimes, you can do plays that end with you dead, but end up being well worth it. For example, in this next game, the enemy Karthus was 10/2 and complained about his team being **** because he lost, but really, he wasn't doing anything to win, he was just playing it safe, and getting kills when kills came to him. I spent the entire game making risky plays which sometimes ended in me dying, and even though I didn't have as fancy a score as his, I hard-carried my team, and was really the only reason we won.

excluding if you pick up a triple kill and leave the other two low or they die, or if you get at least 2 kills and ensure your team gets baron/inhibs or that the enemy can't get baron/inhibs, pretty much never worth it, or at least I don't think so. With Karthus you kind of have to play risky to have any impact on a teamfight, but with Talon you don't need to. Just burst their ADC, run away, burst their APC, run away, and from there your team should be winning the teamfight and you should be able to clean up with them.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 10:02pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

excluding if you pick up a triple kill and leave the other two low or they die, or if you get at least 2 kills and ensure your team gets baron/inhibs or that the enemy can't get baron/inhibs, pretty much never worth it, or at least I don't think so. With Karthus you kind of have to play risky to have any impact on a teamfight, but with Talon you don't need to. Just burst their ADC, run away, burst their APC, run away, and from there your team should be winning the teamfight and you should be able to clean up with them.

In s3 I kinda just play like an AoE bomb as well as a burst assassin usually, but it depends on how the fight is going. If their team is tanky as ****, I'm not going to position myself to do the most AoE then die with most of their HP bars barely taking a scratch, that would just be stupid. But if their team is super squishy, I burst whoever and wherever I will make the most over-all impact on the fight, usually slightly late into the fight so the AoE either kills a few people, or drops them extremely low.

By that I don't mean I'll burst Cho'Gath, I burst whoever I can 1-shot, as well as dropping as much AoE as possible. What usually happens is I inta-gib someone, then run in stealth towards some other squishy who got dropped low from my AoE and kill them too. Bam, 2 people down in 1 go. Then I usually try to run unless my AoE just decimated them. Sometimes I get chased and die, but every moment they spend chasing me is a moment they're taking damage from other sources on my team, and would benefit more from just killing the people who are actually fighting.

It works wonders mid-game, getting full AoE off during a dragon fight is just GG, but it falls off late-game when everyone, including the ADC, is tanky as ****, and I just resort back to the old kill n' run Talon, which is what you said.

Edit: I treat it as worth dying if my death ends with my team winning a team-fight that they wouldn't have won if I hadn't commited the play. Even if for some reason they can't get any objectives down, if we won a team-fight, we got more gold than them, and are more likely to win future team-fights.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 1:23am | Report
well sometimes dying is worth it, but if you got a huge spree I wouldn't take 2 for 1 if I could avoid it. On the other hand if you can take out 2 fed enemies with you then it's worth it.
You gotta keep track of sprees and ya well.

If I die a lot it's 5 times if I die more than that I am usually on tilt or trolling.
I main all in supports so yeh:P but even on other positions I tend not to die ^^

Gratz on your winningspree!

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 5:28am | Report
Don't let em get to ya vapora - baylife, kamikazi and all that is the way to win yo.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 8:44am | Report

Sigh. Every tower except mine down before the 10 minute mark. Had absolutely no chance to roam whatsoever. I killed Nidalee at level 6 because Xin ganked me at level 5 when I would have killed her ( he didn't touch me, but I had to run from him and wait for him to realize he couldn't catch me and give up, and even when he did, he stayed on my lane and tried to push the tower down ). After stopping him, I recalled to get Brutalizer and boots just as Xin ganked bot and Ezreal died for like the 4th time so far, so Cait, Taric and Xin started to try and destroy the tower. I ran bot lane and pinged Blitz, who was still on the lane, to attack them and stop them from destroying the tower, and I used my ult from their fog of war to reach Caitlyn unseen. I killed her, but Blitz had completely ignored me and just kept running from the tower, so I was 1v2 after killing Cait and they dived me under the tower, and I died. I think it was during that death the top went down too.

Ez seeminly refused to leave bot lane, and kept dying there, causing the enemies to eventually destroy our inhibitor tower just by pushing bot every time he died. We couldn't really defend our mid towers and our inhibitor, and eventually they killed 4 of us and got both inhibitors down, which eventually led to their win.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 1:12pm | Report
dem stupid carries. =(

Sig made by Hogopogo
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:39pm | Report

"Countered" by AP Cho'Gath.

Okay to be honest, AP Cho'Gath does become a counter to Talon, but early-game I had him zoned out from minions, which zoned him out of sustain, and was initially beating him. But after I ganked top, he'd sustained himself back to full HP and had an ult stack too, and when I continued roaming he got even tankier, and eventually he was the one zoning ME out of minions. Basically, to maintain control of a lane vs Cho'Gath as Talon, you can never leave the lane. >.> But I still won the lane anyway because of my roaming, and I still out-farmed him because it's hard to zone Talon so hard that he can't W a minion wave. Miss Fortune did really well and was the main reason we won so early.

ALL of my deaths in this game were avoidable, so I still need to work on that.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 7:06pm | Report

My team deserved to lose because of the amount of times we managed to kill 3 of them or more, and didn't take objectives despite my frantic pinging and spamming in chat. We were SUPER behind in gold because they enemy team WAS taking objectives whenever they had a chance to, but I got pretty fed and my AoE just decimated them. I got an early Warmogg's and kept myself stocked on red pots at all times, so I was too tanky for them to immediately put down in team-fights too. By the end of the game I was legendary, because I kept killing 2 or 3 each team-fight and not dying.

In laning phase I was vs Diana, and I would have killed her for the first at level 6, except for some strange reason I decided to go for the kill half-way through level 5 and she had time to react and flash away because my damage wasn't high enough to burst her all the way down so quickly without my ult. Was stupid of me. But I was winning my lane if you treat controling the lane and out-farming her, but losing in kills, as beating her. But Warwick ganked me pretty much every time his ultimate was off of cooldown so I couldn't really get fed off of Diana.

A few of my deaths this game were unavoidable, such as Warwick flash ults from fog of war, or just at unpredictable times and such, but late-game he prioritized other people with his ult, so I was free to do whatever I wanted and didn't die much.

I wish I could know what my Elo is, because this team seriously didn't seem like they should be anywhere near gold. An example is when I killed Warwick near top lane with our jungle Volibear, and pinged our team to the dragon saying we had a free dragon, and I saw Voli wasn't coming and said "Voli, come dragon ffs". We started dragoning as 4 without Voli, but none of us were full HP, and the remaining 4 people on the enemy team came to clean us up and steal the dragon. When I looked at the map to see what Volibear had felt was more important than dragoning, he was farming top.

And at one point when we had a team-fight in which none of us died, I scored a triple kill, and the other 2 enemies were forced to recall, I pinged everyone to go push mid and destroy as many towers as we could, yet literally EVERYONE went to farm the side lanes rather than push mid with me.

My team honestly didn't deserve to win that, but I can't say I would have prefered to lose.

Edit: I've never had this many wins above losses with Talon before.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 9:09pm | Report
Currently afk'ing in a game where my Alistar pretended to flip out at me starting with boots as Tristana, placed all his wards on the spot, ran into the enemy blue and auto-attacked everyone to give them first blood, stood bot-lane messing up my farm for a bit, then roamed round from lane to lane constantly pinging whichever enemy was on it. I can't be bothered with this, I'm 1/5, and playing any further is just lowering my stats for nothing. I hear my inhibitor being destroyed, so it won't take much longer.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide