Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 1:21pm | Report
he calls himself the talon emperor
SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 1:22pm | Report

Well, Hydra is just outright better than BT, and considering they're now both the same cost there's no reason to take BT above Hydra.

I rush either Brutalizer or Tiamat depending on what I can afford on my first B. If I can afford Tiamat I'll get it before Brutalizer, if not I'll build Brutalizer before Tiamat. If I can afford a pickaxe but not a Brutalizer, I'll get the pickaxe and get Tiamat on my next B. After Brutalizer / Tiamat I get Tiamat / Brutalizer, then finish Hydra for sustain, and then build Youmuu's. After Youmuu's I build another Brutalizer, then depending on how much gold I'm receiving I either upgrade that into Black Cleaver or build Infinity Edge, or if I want a strong item immediately ( or they have tons of armor ) I build Last Whisper.

End-game my build excluding boots is Hydra, Youmuu's, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper and Infinity Edge, the last of which can be exchanged for a defensive item if necessary, which it isn't always on Talon.

The build wasn't my idea, it's something I've ripped off from Insoy, a Diamond 1 Talon on the NA server, who has about 500 Talon games done in ranked in season 3 alone. The only difference is that he builds the Black Cleaver BEFORE Youmuu's, because it does more straight-forward burst damage, but at my Elo it's extremely easy to catch people out on their own, which makes Youmuu's more useful because I can keep auto-attacking them after my burst is over which does more damage than Black Cleaver.

I haven't changed my build to this in my guide because it's controversial and it would be insta-downvoted. OMFGWAT CRIT CHANCE, ATTACK SPEED AND AN AOE ITEM THAT PROCS ON AUTO-ATTACKS ON AN AD CASTER??????

But coming from a gold 2 Talon main with over 1k Talon games played, I can confirm this is way better than the build I have in my guide. And I assume Insoy agrees or he wouldn't use it. :P

I still don't know why people say Talons never auto when his Ability is AA reset...

well mysteries of life
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 1:45pm | Report

he calls himself the talon emperor

lol

SirAeros wrote:
I still don't know why people say Talons never auto when his Ability is AA reset...

well mysteries of life

Because the standard Talon burst only uses 2 auto-attacks. An AA straight after E, then using Q to reset his AA animation. But people tend to forget that Talon doesn't simply pop out of existance when his burst is on cooldown, or think that he's never in any kind of position to attack someone who won't instantly die to his burst.
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 5:37pm | Report

But people tend to forget that Talon doesn't simply pop out of existance when his burst is on cooldown, or think that he's never in any kind of position to attack someone who won't instantly die to his burst.

Oh, he does if It's Swain. Hyuk.
But my first love Leblanc? Let's not go into that shall we? Sigh.

WHAI RIOT WHAIIII

/wrists
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 4:05am | Report
So how do you deal with Talon's mana issues early? I tried both 21/9/0 and 21/0/9 masteries and I don't really dare swap out the armor seals I already have in runes. Is it just a matter of using skills sparingly and only for the kill?
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 6:06am | Report
sirell wrote:

So how do you deal with Talon's mana issues early? I tried both 21/9/0 and 21/0/9 masteries and I don't really dare swap out the armor seals I already have in runes. Is it just a matter of using skills sparingly and only for the kill?

Same with any other character.
Either rune for it,
Take mana pots,
Or simply know how much you're expending vs the benefit (i.e, damage) you get.

It's like, having a full mana bar does you no favours.
Yet spamming spells constantly at early levels is a classic newbie mistake a lot of people do.
It's literally just playing the character, and learning each ones mana:ability interactions.

(P.s, not calling you a newbie, this is a general comment)
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 6:13am | Report

(P.s, not calling you a newbie, this is a general comment)

how noble of you.

usually, as i remember, you have enough mana to lvl3 burst someone to half hp, and then use it again with iginte for a kill. any more specifics and i'll respond with "i don't play talon". =3

Sig made by elenah
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 6:16am | Report
I have never had mana issues playing Talon. Then again, I played enough LeBlanc to know how to manage mana as an Assassin, so maybe that's a contributing factor.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 6:17am | Report
Yeah, I played Talon a lot a while back and I never seemed to have any mana problems with him then. Although, having said that, these recent games have mostly been Talon top, so no blue buff, cos instalock mids q.q...

Oh well. C'est la vie.

I say it's a problem, but I didn't die in laning phase at all and usually got 2-3 kills, so...
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 6:59am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

how noble of you.

wut? Have i got a reputation as a mean-spirited person or something?

No wait. I probably do.
Stupid guide reviews.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide