Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 8:09am | Report

Or simply know how much you're expending vs the benefit (i.e, damage) you get.

This is the most important thing to know about managing your mana with Talon. Talon's W at level 1 barely does more damage than an auto-attack. Would you auto-attack your enemy for harassment if it cost you 50 mana, and you started off with ~250 mana? Nope, not worth it. I rarely harass with W at level 1 because on it's own it isn't worth it. However, if at level 1 you could harass with W, and that W in turn allowed you to get in range for an auto-attack enhanced by your passive thanks to the slow? That's definitely worth it, though it should only happen vs meelee champions.

In meelee match-ups, the way to do the most damage while using the least mana, is to W - AA - Q, which means you W them when they're right in front of you for the slow, auto-attack them then Q to reset your AA animation. At level 2 that's 90 mana for nearly half their HP bar, thanks to your passive. On the other hand, using W and just Q straight away without auto-attacking before Q ISN'T making the most damage possible out of your mana. Neither is AA - Q - W, because it doesn't make use of your passive.

At level 3 / 4 onwards, you burst for more damage by using W then E - Q than by directly E'ing onto them, because that way you also get more damage done from your passive. ( though late-game starting with E is better because the damage amplification from E becomes more than your passive )

Just learn to maximize damage while minimizing mana cost, and you'll barely notice any mana problems at all. Talon isn't the kind of champion to simply spam a harass spell until they're dead. If you spam W every time it's off of CD, even if it hits them every time you'll be OOM at level 2. If you use the tricks I just said, they'll be dead at level 2 / 3 and you'll still have a little mana to spare. Though it's extremely unlikely you'll kill ranged champions at level 2, and if you do they're unbelievably bad. But I've left plenty of Kha's and Zed's on dangerously low HP at level 2 and kept them zoned, then finished them off at level 3 when I take E. ( but take E at level 2 vs ranged champs because you really can't make any use of Q before you have E vs them )

But tanky champions can leave you OOM even if you do this, which is why Talon is a really bad top lane. If someone insta-locks mid just don't play Talon lol. Or just play him in the jungle. Even jungle Talon is better than solo top Talon.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 10:08am | Report

This Nidalee was the best Nidalee I've ever seen at landing spears. Either that, or I was extremely unlucky in how I always seemed to be getting hit in between tiny gaps of my minions. Fortunately, all the spear hits in the world couldn't fix her lame CS'ing. :P

Also, just throwing this out there, because every time I check it I've done more damage than either ADC.

Talon low tier champ wat. DEFINITELY tier 2 at least. >:[
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 10:47am | Report
You're not going to get over that, are you....

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 11:01am | Report
nevar :P Though I hadn't even thought about that other thread until I typed "lower tier champ", and then I remembered about the argument and added in the last sentence. :P
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 2:30pm | Report

Lame loss. Vi went afk and only reconnected within the last 5 seconds of the game, when they destroyed our nexus.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 2:31pm | Report

Lame loss. Vi went afk and only reconnected within the last 5 seconds of the game, when they destroyed our nexus.

THIS WAS YOUR 2000th POST OMG LOL WTF CONGRATZ THEY GROW SO FAST!

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 3:20pm | Report
^ Lol. :P

Ez victory.

Was 9/3 when we destroyed mid inhibitor and 2 nexus towers, then I stopped playing seriously for some reason, probably because there was very slim chance of us losing at that point.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 4:40pm | Report
WORST THROW EU.

Game was going badly for us, until one point where Ez was farming bot so they started baron. Zac's smite was on CD so someone asked Ez to try and steal it with his ult. He threw his ult and the ult hit the baron while it still had like 20% HP left. So nowhere near close to stealing it. But when the baron was about to die we engaged on them in a desperate attempt to turn the game around, and we won the fight because ezreal's elder lizard passive ****ING STOLE THE BARON LMFAO. Yep, a DoT which does about 40 damage total, actually stole the baron. Incredible. So we killed 4 of them and had the chance to take down an inhibitor, but team just either went and pushed the wrong tower or went to do wolves. Then I think Ezreal got caught by a Fiddle ult we clearly ****ing saw coming, and we had to recall because we were at a disadvantage in numbers.

We had the advantage from then on, but my team just kept getting caught / not taking objectives when we had the chance to. At one point the baron respawned while I was bot trying to bait Varus to come, so I just pushed and destroyed 2 towers. My team got 2 or 3 kills because their team stopped baroning and started trying to recall to stop me, and I had to stop attacking their inhibitor because Renekton came and I was OOM. Yet my team didn't think to baron.

Skip ahead about 10 minutes, we've missed dozens of chances to take down an inhibitor and single members of my team have been caught various times, but we eventually finally take the baron, and about 2 minutes later I'm bot lane trying to bait Varus into clearing a minion wave while I'm in fog of war so I can ambush him, but they group up and push mid instead, so I just pushed. They destroyed our mid tower and shortly after our inhibitor, while various members of my team died shortly beforehand and shortly after. I had their nexus on 80% HP when our nexus exploded.

Apparently the reason my split push had failed was, when their team tried to recall to stop me, Zac jumped in and initiated, instantly dying, and some other guy of my team followed in and died too, so they just pushed with no opposition from the remaining 2 members of my team and destroyed our towers and nexus faster than I could destroy theirs. If Zac hadn't done that, they'd have lost the mid tower and inhibitor, but my team could have defended the nexus towers 4v5, as they had baron buff, and I would have just destroyed the nexus towers and nexus because of how fast Talon can destroy objectives.

Hence why I said:

WORST THROW EU.

Sigh.

Anyway here's another pretty graph.

Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 5:01pm | Report
"and we won the fight because ezreal's elder lizard passive ****ING STOLE THE BARON LMFAO. "

Dayum.
Wasnt that in one of the "top 5 fails" videos a while ago?

Also, it isn't fair to cut out half the chat.
We cant see your delicious flame.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 11:43pm | Report
The whole image doesn't fit on the forum, if you open image in another tab you'll see the whole image, which has the whole chat. :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide