Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2015 10:10pm | Report

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2015 10:15pm | Report

And here I run scaling CDR blues on Ezreal. >.>
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2015 11:24pm | Report
Ah mains. That is a little hard to answer as I tend toward counter picking. Though I try not to do it completely out of the blue. Damn you Pantheon some site or another said you are supposed to counter Teemo!

ADC - Ezreal and Tristana
Mid - not really a main role, but I tend to play Kassadin or Talon with Morgana an honorable mention vs LeBlanc.
Jungle - Zac who I like to pair with Yasuo, Skarner, Hecarim
Top - Sion, Olaf, Swain
Support - Janna, Morgana, Thresh

I also like Corki but his range is short enough that I am having some trouble with all the damn bruisers that can get to you out of the blue from a team fight that I feel like I end up running around more than I do actually dishing out dps sometimes. It might be okay if we grouped when I got Trinity Force and tried to take towers, but that isn't how Silver league solo queue works most of the time.

Why does Varus mid work for you as opposed to Varus ADC? Only usually have to worry about one other laner?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2015 11:35pm | Report
Well, his itemization at mid more flexible, and his status as a poke champion is better suited for the mid lane. Having access to blue buff is also great for charging Tear of the Goddess. But basically, yeah it's easier for me to deal with just one person rather than 2.

Perhaps it's also on a psychological level too. I've always felt like Varus was more of a mage-archer than a DPS machine, and always wanted to play him mid (i had guides for AP Varus way back), but I was always chastised for it. Now he's suddenly meta due to PowerofEvil and I can go mid and build him the way I want without question. It's nice.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2015 7:10am | Report

I have noticed a trend toward attack speed glyphs, but since I still play a lot of normals with friends, I almost always just opt for the full set of MR glyphs mainly because of Sona. Though she isn't that popular of late.

Since I'm trying to play more ranked and ADC when I can get it, I'll mod my rune pages accordingly.

Scrying Orb - ah, how I could have used you that one game when a Graves and Morgana, who were already kicking my butt, decided to hide in every other bush when I rotated bot to farm between towers.

Danke schoen, Janitsu!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2015 7:17am | Report
Well, his itemization at mid more flexible, and his status as a poke champion is better suited for the mid lane. Having access to blue buff is also great for charging Tear of the Goddess. But basically, yeah it's easier for me to deal with just one person rather than 2.

Perhaps it's also on a psychological level too. I've always felt like Varus was more of a mage-archer than a DPS machine, and always wanted to play him mid (i had guides for AP Varus way back), but I was always chastised for it. Now he's suddenly meta due to PowerofEvil and I can go mid and build him the way I want without question. It's nice.

Ah, good point on blue buff and stacking tear.

It can be nice that way when your preferred champion goes meta. :-)

When I first started jungling Tahm Kench I got kicked from about 2/3 of my team builder teams for a while. Now he goes through most of the time.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2015 10:02pm | Report

Runes: Atk Dmg + 1 Crit, Arm, MR, 2 Atk Spd + 1 Atk Dmg Quint
Masteries: 21-9-0

Summary:

Aside from the Cho'Gath bad mouthing me much of the game for being a wuss (funny coming from a 3000 hp tank) and threatening to AFK for whatever reason (that **** started in champion select which almost encouraged me to DC), this was a fun game. We were breaking about even during laning phase across the map. In our lane we couldn’t seem to manage to do much against Tristana and Morgana. I called in Jarvan IV for a gank since Trist and Morg had us pushed up near our turret much of laning phase. It didn’t amount to much immediately, but it did make them play more cautiously so worth. Eventually Ahri roamed top and we were able to pick up some kills and the turret. The game turned for me at that point and I was able to do some work, despite Rengar having a thing for trying to kill me. Overall a good team effort.

Item buys: A lot of guides have Corki going Blade of the Ruined King as a third item. I opted into Bloodthirster because their team had a number of ways to get to me with enough damage that it would be unlikely for me to be able to survive long enough to kite, hence I figured the shield from BT made more sense.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2015 10:08pm | Report
Whoops looks like I accidentally had my Skarner runes copy pasted in for those Tristana games. I was actually running attack damage marks.

A fortuitous, but useful mistake.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2015 8:51pm | Report

Runes: Atk Dmg + 1 Crit, Arm, MR, 2 Atk Spd + 1 Atk Dmg Quint

Summary:

Man do I hate Master Yi. My team actually listened too me and picked a number of champions with CC to deal with him. Thank you team. Now their idea of peeling left something to be desired, so I am glad I picked Tristana. Morgana nailed Lux with several bindings so we were able to kill her repeatedly and got Draven once or twice too, so lane was a cake walk where I was able to farm up and deny CS to Draven.

Volibear was a having a rough go of it so he was behind. Since my farm was pretty good, I asked him to get a Randuin's Omen or a Frozen Heart and made sure to give him some of the farm that I would have otherwise have been able to get for myself because I needed him to be beefier if we were going to keep Yi under control.

We got them down to one inhibitor and then they got us down to two inhibitors, via Master Yi split pushing. To his credit, Volibear was able to back and kill Master Yi to save our base from further damage.

The rest of the game was catching out or focusing down Master Yi which allowed us to win team fights and get the win.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2015 10:20pm | Report

Runes: Atk Spd, Arm, MR, Atk Spd

Summary:

Duoing with a buddy who ended up supporting as Janna while I went jungle as Skarner.

Got a revenge kill on Gnar after Lee Sin and Gnar over pursued in killing Renekton. Helped Renekton pick up another kill once I got my ultimate and that lane was donzos after that. Cait and Janna beat up on Jinx and Braum. I pinged bot to warn them of an incoming Lee Sin and they were able to waste some of his time and avoid getting ganked. Renekton I think ended up walking Bot lane and helped them pick up a kill on Jinx. Morgana did come to bot at one point and picked up a double kill on out Bot lane, but soon after that we had their outer top and bot turrets down and after some sieging and skirmishing we were able to take out their outer mid tower. After that we were pushing them in mid lane and after losing their mid inner tower they called it quits.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide