Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2015 2:07am | Report
Teemoshy wrote:
I feel you on Corki. I have stopped playing him as much (pretty much at all :[ ) since them juggies came around. You really just need to make sure your mid is something that can scale better than you late.

Good point of having a mid that scales better than Corki. I've had some great games on Corki, but I do feel his lack of range in the juggernaut meta. I also feel like the slow down on his Q missile speed and the increase in mana cost on Valkyrie hurt him quite a bit.

Teemoshy wrote:
Good job hitting S4 and good luck moving up :)

Thanks, Teemsoshy. :) Hoping I can stay on track and hit S3 soon, which will be the highest division I've achieved to date.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2015 2:17am | Report
Updated champion pool based on looking at some statistics and who I enjoy playing.

Role Champion
Jungle
Middle
Marksman
Support
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2015 11:59am | Report

Runes: Atk Spd, Arm, sMR, MS Quints
Masteries: 21-9-0

Summary:

Tried Atk Spd Marks vs Atk Dmg Marks and it is a wash for your first clear. Cleared the entire jungle in 5:10 vs 5:07, with each setup respectively. Atk Spd Marks feel a little smoother and scale better, so I’ll stick with them for the time being.

Malphite was getting stomped by Olaf early game, but came back with a vengeance and started taking out Olaf and helping us get picks.

They went for a somewhat desperate Baron. I jumped in and stole it and got a triple kill on top of that. GG after that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2015 6:10pm | Report

Runes: Atk Dmg, Arm, MR, Atk Spd Quints
Masteries: 0-16-14

Summary:

Apply my passive rune setup makes Braum even more of a beast in 2v2 and 2v3 situations. Definitely less tanky though so you have to be cognizant of getting poked down too much before you can setup those early fights.

Tahm Kench was a beast. Some good Devour ganks behind Jinx and Blitzcrank setting up some double kills for us.

At some point their LeBlanc dc’d or afk’d and it was pretty much a mop up action after that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2015 8:41pm | Report

Runes: Atk Spd, Arm, CDR, AP

Summary:

I need to practice Elise’s combos to get better at them. Missed a kill on Rek'Sai since I didn’t get Q off in human form.

Human form E+Q+W. Spider form. Q+W+AA. Only E Rappel if they Flash.

Banks can be interesting when their are minions in the way. If you have red buff you an walk up to them and auto attack them to slow them.

So AA+Q to slow and chunk them. Then get an angle on them to E them. Then switch to spider form and Q+W. As long as your laner is involved you should have kill at this point.

I had one really stupid death when I didn’t pay attention to how much higher level Vel'Koz was. I think he was 11th and I was 7th at the time. On top of just the level discrepancy I wasn’t in a great position and didn’t respect the range on his ultimate. Need to be more savvy if I want to keep climbing.

I love the damage and clear speed that you get from Enchantment: Runeglaive but damn do I always end up dying way more when I got with it when I am Elise. I think I may lean toward Enchantment: Cinderhulk for more beefiness.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2015 9:46pm | Report

Runes: Atk Dmg + 1 Crit, Arm, MR, 2 Atk Spd + 1 Atk Dmg

Summary:

S3! :-) Highest ranking to date. Had a nice run with no losses straight through S4 aside from one 3 LP loss due to an unusual disconnect from PVP.net.

Picked Ashe into Mordekaiser even though she isn’t only my list of ADCs because she is one of the few ADCs with a somewhat close win rate against Morde and I can see why as she can slow him and outranges him. Plus with Ranger's Focus active she can punch through his shield assuming he isn’t too far ahead or stop him in his tracks with Enchanted Crystal Arrow.

We got 4 man ganked once early in laning and we stayed around a little too long trying to take and inhibitor, though it was a close thing, LeBlanc just barely caught me with the edge of her Ethereal Chains. So as far as deaths go, nothing too stupid.

Overall, I have had a good run with reasonably competent teammates. Crossing my fingers that will continue. And I will continue to try and improve.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2015 3:40am | Report
So Elise does much better on Enchantment: Runeglaive, because when you're clearing, you can use Venomous Bite on a jungle camp, right click slightly backwards, and your spiderlings can tank a lot of the damage for you, resulting in faster clears, more sustain because of your W, and more damage later on. I think it might just depend largely on your team comp though. I'm more used to catching people out with Cocoon, and letting my team do most of the work, when your lack of tankiness (from not choosing Enchantment: Cinderhulk really makes a difference.

congrats on your win streak though. You looking to hit gold by the end of the season?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2015 9:48am | Report
utopus wrote:
So Elise does much better on Enchantment: Runeglaive, because when you're clearing, you can use Venomous Bite on a jungle camp, right click slightly backwards, and your spiderlings can tank a lot of the damage for you, resulting in faster clears, more sustain because of your W, and more damage later on.

I didn't know about the slight backwards walk to let you spiderlings tank after you q to proc runeglaive. Thx! (or generally, I try to end up tanking the camps so the spiderlings stay alive longer at least early game. Not sure what the optimal way to manage this interaction is.)

utopus wrote:
I think it might just depend largely on your team comp though. I'm more used to catching people out with Cocoon, and letting my team do most of the work, when your lack of tankiness (from not choosing Enchantment: Cinderhulk really makes a difference.

Yeah usually I look and see how tanky my team is when deciding on which enchantment to buy. I will try being a little less gung ho with picking up kills and let my laners do more of the work.

utopus wrote:
congrats on your win streak though. You looking to hit gold by the end of the season?

Thanks! :) Yeah, I would like to make Gold before the end of the season, hence narrowing my champion pool and playing more ranked. I think I may have to believe that I should be in Gold before that works out. Spent a long time in Silver and though I do feel like I'm getting better, I know there are some doubts in my head about being Gold caliber. But wins will tell. :)
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2015 4:00pm | Report

Summary:

Welcome to Silver 3 I guess. Mass incompetence. Syndra picked into Annie which is not a good matchup. Tahm, Lee, Syndra, and Malph were all getting caught out. Syndra and Tahm repeatedly.

We crushed them in the team fight where they engaged and I hit them with an Enchanted Crystal Arrow and Malphite hit them with Unstoppable Force. I said lets do that again! But we didn’t. Everyone just kept running around like chickens with their heads cut off and wondering why the other team was so strong.

One stupid death when Mordekaiser flanked us. Though he may have flashed over the wall so that wouldn’t be quite as stupid, but I didn’t notice him until I was dead, so when in doubt go with the worst possibility and learn from that mistake. Tunneling on ADC will get you killed. You have to be aware of every threat that might take you out. You are soft and chewy and taste good with ketchup.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2015 10:32pm | Report

Summary:

Another sucky one. Their Shaco got insanely fed early due to my team mates not respecting his capabilities he could then literally one to two shot everyone on our team except Udyr. If my team moved five steps away from me I was dead. Even in the midst of team fights he would stealth in and get me. Eventually we setup a decent line of pinks and tried fighting under them, but Shaco was just too far ahead and would go and split push while the rest of our team tired poorly to defend. Then the griping started. This Tristana. ??? My duo queue partner was one of the gripers and I’ve seen them do it before when things have started to go poorly. Not helping. I may need to reconsider playing with them if they want to queue up again.

Sad day. No get to play league on this one.

Well hopefully I get demoted and then make a straight run through S3 as I did on S4 once I had a competent set of teammates. The dream.

I died at least once not respecting the Shaco when I stayed to farm minion wave while the rest of my team ran of to do other things. Bad on me.

Lane was, kinda ugh. Blitzcrank. Nami got pulled by him three times. That meant we had to play off because her health was too low to do anything besides heal me. I did my part and laid a bomb on Kalista’s head and dished out as much damage as I could on her, but they still got Nami at least twice IIRC.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide