Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 27 46
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2012 4:47pm | Report
Evening, Mobafire ^^

So, after hitting gold last season, it's time for me to start a new season and a new journey. This time, I'll be aiming a little higher :)

As I explained somewhere at the end of my previous thread, the reason I'm going for platinum is not because I think I am a platinum player right now. However, a season is a long time and I think I have the potential to get there.

I will mainly be playing Solo Top, with some AD Carry and Support (that is once I get to a decent elo or when duoqueueing) games as well. The other two roles I probably won't play as much, with Jungle being the main role I want to avoid.

In terms of champions, I have a pretty big roster of champions I play or want to play this season (champions are in order of skill from left to right):

Solo Top: Lee Sin, Irelia, Rumble, Jax, Olaf, Darius, Xin Zhao*, Kayle*, Elise*, Kha'Zix*
AD Carry: Sivir, Ezreal, Caitlyn, Graves, Varus, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Vayne, Corki*, Twitch*
Support: Lulu, Janna, Sona, Blitzcrank, Nunu & Willump, Zyra, Leona*
AP Mid: Zyra, Morgana, Ziggs, Cassiopeia, Orianna, Swain*, Ahri*
Jungle: Amumu, Lee Sin, Maokai, Skarner, Olaf*, Warwick*

Every champ with one * is one I wouldn't feel comfortable picking in ranked just yet because of not having enough (recent) experience on the champ (working on it :3). Champions with two stars are champs I don't even have yet but want to add because of how strong they are (no champs right now).

Although this roster is pretty big, I expect to pick certain champions a lot more than others of course, especially since I want to raise my elo quite significantly (from gold to platinum).

However, as was the case last season, the most important part of this journey for me is to improve and I feel like playing different champions to better understand their strengths and weaknesses helps with this. Basically, playing Lee Sin at a platinum level and instalocking him every game makes me a platinum Lee. Playing/mastering different champs and being able to adapt to specific situations will make me a platinum player. Also, an important aspect of this for me is not being shy to pick something which is not in my roster, going out of my comfort zone if I feel the pick justifies it in a specific situation.

I've waited a while now in order to let people settle down at their correct elo and there's a very decent chance I'll wait a little longer before actually playing ranked (mainly to play some more mid and improve my play on specific champions), but since I'm getting closer to the start I figured I might as well make my thread now.

Throughout this season I will keep you updated on my progress (using some incredibly awesome banners Mowen made for me, but I don't want to spoil what exactly I mean with that just yet :3). Also, in addition to my screenshots + explanations, I'll try adding more video material and hopefully get my stream to work, too.

Well, that's all for now.... Wish me luck :D

CURRENT PROGRESS:

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2012 4:54pm | Report
GUD LACK WAYNE ^_^
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2012 6:25am | Report
Gluck~

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2012 6:41am | Report
good luck wayne :3
AyushGarg
<Member>
AyushGarg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2012 7:29am | Report
Good luck! :D
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2012 8:20am | Report
gl Wayne, if you ever want to duo just lemme know ;)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2012 1:57am | Report
Thanks everyone :)

I know myself well enough to know that if I say "I'll start playing ranked soonTM", without setting a date, it won't happen for a long while as I'll always think of something I need to work on.

As a result, I've decided to start this weekend, December 1st. Not sure how many games I'll play, depends on how well I do I guess :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2012 2:09pm | Report
Small update: was gonna play ranked today, but started off with some normals with friends and I lost all willingness to play ranked in those games. Losing spree of 5 games in a row in which I played mediocre at best :/
Then a final solo normal which I won, but only because I was against a Lux who had 119 cs in 34 minutes (not sure how someone with 1081 normal wins can be that bad) and again I played badly.

Highlight in that final game being when I went for a low hp Riven top (who had killed our Irelia) only to miss everything and then die when she got help from Lee Sin and Lux. For some reason all Irelia did was compliment me on how well I juked skillshots instead of flaming me, I could've sworn I was playing a different game just for a sec :P

But yeah, tl;dr is I suck and I don't feel like playing ranked today after that.

Edit 5/12: felt like playing ranked after generally playing well in the last couple of days and them BOOM, Season 3 patch!

... Yeah, not happening, lol

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 2:43pm | Report

Current Match History

k so these are not ranked games, but I've been tryharding pretty hard these last couple of days and it's been working out (aka I no longer suck, yay!). The one defeat was caused by them swapping Caitlyn (who went top) with Lee Sin (who went bot with Leona) and they killed Nami at level one and zoned us for the rest of the game, getting a kill everytime we went too far. Really, really unexpected (if anything we expected Cait+Leona to stand in the lane brush, which wouldnt have been as much of a problem as she doesnt deal as much level 1 damage as Lee and is squishier for an Ashe crit + Volley) and there was literally nothing we could do after only 2 minutes. Other two Ashe games might look mediocre but I played them pretty well especially in terms of cs, just didn't seem to get the kills :c

So ya, all I need now is that damn Black Cleaver getting fixed and a little bit of extra testing with new items (loving Runaan's Hurricane, Statikk Shiv, Blade of the Ruined King, Shard of True Ice, Twin Shadows, Mikael's Blessing etc, so many new items! 8D) and I can probably start playing ranked.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 7:48pm | Report
You scumbag, playing Darius...
I'm disappointed in you Wayne.

(Good luck and stuff)
"Listen to Joe... he knows what he's doing."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 27 46

League of Legends Champions: