Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Maxing E also means you can just spam health and CDR early game and still deal massive damage. :D
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 4:15pm | Report
Good luck and keep going!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 3:05am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Game 8

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

One of the most one-sided stomps I'll see this season.

Darius got First Blood in a gank top, then got another kill (not sure if top again or bot) and eventually came mid to pick up his killing spree. I then killed Katarina again as she decided it'd be a good idea to Shunpo on me in tower range (lol) while Darius was still doing work ganking bot and top. The enemy Cho'Gath came mid twice but never really threatened to kill me as I dodged his Ruptures and he also got counterganked on one of his attempts to help his bottom lane, after which he was pretty much useless.

Not sure why they didn't surrender (they got their first kill after we had gotten 8 and were literally getting stomped left, right and center), but we figured that if they weren't gonna give up we'd simply continue killing them in the lanes or enemy jungle. Eventually we grabbed Baron and finished the game.

First ranked game this season in which I hit 100+ cs at 12 minutes (which in normals actually happens more often), but then again the game was so easy there wasn't much for me to be nervous about like in the other games :P

Elo according to my profile: 1386 (5 lower than I started with after the reset, QQ)

How can you have gold swords with only 8 games?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 3:33am | Report
^wut?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 3:46am | Report
That's still my verification from last season, Pølse. I'm not sure how long ago it got verified though because the profile keeps giving me today's date rather than when it was actually verified.

It runs out after a couple of months or something, right?

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 4:39am | Report
Yeah, but who knows when it'll show your right elo? This is why I suggested wiping elos clean for S3 in the vet forums, but to heavy criticism about the idea.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 8:07am | Report
It's 3 months, so my verification will be gone on my dad's birthday, January 16th

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 3:08am | Report
I'm afraid I'm going straight back to the good ol' walls of text, Pheyniex :P

Game 9

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

Something quite unusual happened in this one: people were fighting over support in champion select. Our third pick said he wanted to support, then our first pick said he wanted to support too and when our third pick started complaining saying he "called it first", our first pick simply said: "That's great, but I'm picking first ;)".

So instead our third pick said he wanted to top (I was fourth pick, so despite having said I wanted top, I had to accept I wasn't gonna get it, QQ) and picked Akali. The opponents then picked Garen and the guy started being negative again. Based on his attitude, I'm guessing he was about 12 years old.

I had to jungle in the end - which I hate - but I figured I'd give it a try and picked Olaf (first champ this season I've picked more than once after 9 games played, lol). I didn't really have optimal runes for him but I figured a simple arpen/AD combo would do. For anyone wondering, I didn't take Bladed Armor because I've simply stolen buffs with it too often. Normally, when I'm playing with friends, I don't care as much, but knowing how childish people in soloq can be I didn't wanna risk it happening now.

I wanted to start by ganking top early, but when I came to lane I noticed Akali had started with Amplifying Tome + 1 Health Potion while Garen had Rejuvenation Bead, 6 Health Potions and a Sight Ward. Sigh. Anyway, I waited for Akali to hit level 2 (which, luckily, she did earlier than Garen) and ran in, but we got counterganked by Shaco and Akali died, giving Garen First Blood.

She pretty much said top was lost at that point (which was true, but more because of her starting items than the gank) so I decided to focus on other lanes. As I came bot to gank the first time, Sona died seconds before I arrived, but I managed to pick up a double kill minutes later (before unfortunately dying to tower damage) and, at the same time, Morgana killed Cho'Gath in mid lane.

Akali kept playing aggressively despite being behind, so she soon died again and was level 3 when Garen was level 6. At this point she said "sorry I have to afk", but Graves suggested she should go bot with Sona while he'd take over top. Instead, Akali ran mid to "gank" Cho'Gath (I'm going to guess that was what she planned to do despite her execution being absolutely awful) and stayed there when the gank failed, stealing some of Morgana's cs. Eventually, she did go bot and the lane actually worked out really well. Graves obviously had trouble top and died one more time to give Garen the killing spree, but he played it really well after that and managed to stay equal in cs without dying.

Meanwhile I counterjungled their Shaco and helped Morgana pick up some more kills in mid lane / at the enemy wraith camp as she got pretty fed. We decided to help top together right as Garen was about to dive Graves and a good Morgana snare caught him in tower range, allowing Graves to shut him down.

Despite not ganking much after that, I made sure to buy a lot of (pink) wards to give us good map control, which my team eventually used to -quite successfully- start fighting in their jungle. From there it snowballed to our advantage as we managed to pick up several Dragons and Morgana got even more fed, with Sona, Akali and Graves all being pretty strong as well. In teamfights I usually just ran at Ezreal to make sure he'd be zoned from the fight, but Morgana was obviously the one doing most of the work with some good snares and ultimates.

We pushed down several towers before getting two inhibitors and Baron (didn't fail my Smite despite an Ezreal ult being close to stealing it, yay!), after which we finished it off.

Elo according to profile: 1418

:D

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 6:00am | Report

Game 10

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

Aaaaaaaaaand that's my final placement match played.

We got killed early in bot lane during a Master Yi gank because Taric hadn't warded the river (I think it was Yi who picked up First Blood), but I managed to pick up a kill and I stayed ahead of Tristana in cs after that despite missing a huge wave.

Tristana got heavily fed during the game as she picked up kills on Rengar (who kept invading their jungle despite us telling him not to), Taric and - eventually - me, but in teamfights she'd use her Rocket Jump to jump in and then she'd be stunned and blown up instantly. I wonder how she even got so fed considering how amazingly bad she was, but ok.

Katarina did really well throughout the game, Singed did well against Jayce and I came back into it despite still not farming well at all, so yeah, not much to say. Apart from some good early ganks by them and our derp Rengar a pretty one-sided game.

ELO: 1450

Oh btw, since I've played 10 games now, I'll be looking into making a video of some sorts soon. Not quite sure whether I'll just analyse some of my play, make a top plays/fails video or something completely different, I have to check the replays first before I can make a decision about that.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 6:55am | Report
that tristana looks amazingly bad...

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide