Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why do YOU want to climb ELO?

Creator: H4xDefender August 4, 2013 3:08pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:08pm | Report
I've been recently learning a new role at my ELO since I've got bored of playing jungle (which is mainly what got me there) and of course since I haven't played against such high level players before in the aforementioned role, I've been dropping elo pretty quickly, coupled with more d/cers and 400 ping players then I've seen in months in the past week.

After one particularly horrid game one guy apparently lolkinged me and asked me why I didn't play one of my most played heroes that I have good winrates with. I responded by saying my primarily goal wasn't to climb ELO at the time, and that it was to improve myself as a player. What surprised me greatly was that he said. "Huh. Never thought of it that way." Which lead me to ask, why he wanted to climb ELO, and he had no real answer.

So I want to know, why do YOU guys want to climb ELO?
kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:11pm | Report
To prove yourself and have bragging rights for your friends and perhaps most egotistically, yourself.

Personally, I just like to test and challenge myself to be a better player and prove that by climbing. I have a very competitive spirit and hate losing/getting beat through my own mistakes, so that drives me even more.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:13pm | Report
To get matched vs better people, show myself i can improve and well why not? Maybe play competitive one day.
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Le Pro of d00m
<Member>
Le Pro of d00m's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:16pm | Report
S
W
A
G

like really i just wanna brag all day
Rengar guide Here! New Irelia guide Here!

Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:19pm | Report
Just to see where I can get. Also people use it as a judging standard and its annoying to have ppl sht talk about a rating difference.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:31pm | Report
The better you are at your hobby.
The more fun it is.
Best way to improve and prove your skill?
-> Climbing Rankeds
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:38pm | Report
I only play ranked so I can practise for my ranked team. Plat has become a goal for me, something I can look up to. I don't know if I'll keep playing ranked once I reach it.

But it's also fun to be able to brag to my classmates, who are all bronze/silver :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:42pm | Report
I want to be higher ranked so that my guides are better. I got Gold 4 on NA, and I'm looking forward to what I can achieve on AU - but it's taking forever to level my AU account to 30.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 4:00pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I want to be higher ranked so that my guides are better. I got Gold 4 on NA, and I'm looking forward to what I can achieve on AU - but it's taking forever to level my AU account to 30.

There's a way to powerlevel accounts on Twisted Treeline in case you aren't aware. Search it on Youtube, you can level up an account to 30 in just 2 days or something if you buy an XP boost. Granted it will be a very boring 2 days, but still. :P

Anyway, I want to climb Elo because I like being good at things, and Elo ( / tiers and divisions ) is the most effective way to judge someone's skill. I also like that people will always usually listen to my opinion because stastically, being plat means I'm better than something around 98% of the LoL community? And if I manage to reach Diamond, I will be one of the top 1% players. And I mean, that's pretty ****ing epic, come on.

I also want to climb Elo because the higher I climb, the better I get, without even realizing it or putting in any massive effort. When I was in silver I spammed games non-stop because I desperately wanted to climb. Now I spam games in plat non-stop because I want to climb, and I haven't consciously changed anything about me since I was in silver, I just played until I managed to climb. But now if you put me back in silver, the games are so easy. Gold seemed so impossible to reach when I was in silver 1, now gold seems like a very low mark to reach.

I just love how much I've improved since then purely by playing and climbing. It's great, and of course, it's fun to brag about being in the top 2% players of the EUW server. :P

Also the higher I climb, I feel like it kind of helps prove Talon's viability in other people's eyes, as he's almost the only champion I play. People are more inclined to try out Talon if they know he can work so well at an Elo so much higher than theirs, and people also automatically think better of my guide if it's written by a plat player, rather than written by a 1200 Elo player, which is what I was when I started with my Talon guides. I love Talon and I care about how other people see him. The better people think of him, the happier I am, so long as he stays well away from FotM status. :P

Also it's kind of fun stomping plats with such an under-rated champion. :3 And the higher I climb, the more satisfying that feeling will get.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 4:10pm | Report
I actually only aspire to climb ranked to better myself as a player and be a better source of information for guides.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide