Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 373 of 431
theyouiporit
<Member>
theyouiporit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2016 5:09pm | Report
Shuru wrote:
Good job forgetting trundle has a sustain passive, has high armor, and extremely potent ways to peel and adc and make the enemy weaker at the same time. Just read the guide instead of arguing with no prior knowledge.

Yeah good job forgeting he's op.

Thanks to TheSilverDust for this Thresh signature!
*Image done by Z0MBGiEF*
Don't forget to Rep+ if my comment was useful!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2016 10:36pm | Report
i know one main reason why leona is not played in competitive is because she's too one dimensional and readable in her engages. any decent competitive team can play around her pretty handedly.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2016 10:51pm | Report
Leona just has more in her kit than a trundle does lol

if you have a good adc then you can shut down trundle early in the game with leo's strong early game cc. its no contest

Tbh that's not how the tier list works. You can't compare two supports and say, well one counters the other so therefore that support should be higher on the list. Thresh or Alistair are tier 1 and do basically the same thing as Leona except better, meanwhile Leona has an E with a similar cooldown to Trundle's but you can't land it on anyone :p Anyone can land a Trundle E.

Basically MOBAFire.
theyouiporit
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 1:31am | Report
@H4xdefender Quick question: I have always thought that Swain was a pretty decent pick for the midlane, perhaps a tier 2. So I was wondering if you or anyone really could explain to me why is he not such a good pick.
Thanks in advance

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the awesome signature!
Pantheon loves singing Adele
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 9:48am | Report
Primarily, his style doesn't fit this meta, in a meta of burst casters and roamers, a farming DoT style champions with tank stats just doesn't fit in. Swain is a bruiser mage in a sense, and lacks the burst required to work in the midlane, and his slow roams don't help.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 10:50am | Report
I used to be a Swain main back when I actually played mid but there are just so many reasons he's bad right now. He's a short ranged mage that needs to be in the middle of focus to do damage, and if he falls behind he's neither tanky nor damaging enough to do anything. His Ravenous Flock is unreliable and doesn't always hit the targets you want it to, he can't farm or waveclear as well as other mages, his burst is nonexistent, Quicksilver Sash invalidates 3/4 of his kit and he's more reliant on blue buff than Anivia. The nerf to Nevermove only made him worse.
theyouiporit
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 10:59am | Report
So he's just bad right now. What kind of team comp could he fit in to deserve being tier 3?

Thanks to TheSilverDust for this Thresh signature!
*Image done by Z0MBGiEF*
Hecarim is a devoted brony
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 1:06pm | Report
theyouiporit - you should kind of treat Swain almost like an AP drain tank with zone control. He synergizes well with another tank initiator, like Jarvan IV, or more likely, Malphite. A desirable team comp for him would be one that has an initiator and some defensive steroids for him.
I'd imagine a team comp like Malphite/ Nautilus, Elise/ Rek'Sai, Swain, Janna, and Kalista would be pretty ****ing busted.

On another note, can Alistar be like, S tier? Despite his Triumphant Roar nerf, he's still unbelievably powerful right now.

Unbreakable Will just makes it so easy to tower dive like wtf
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
theyouiporit
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 1:46pm | Report
utopus wrote:

On another note, can Alistar be like, S tier? Despite his Triumphant Roar nerf, he's still unbelievably powerful right now.

Unbreakable Will just makes it so easy to tower dive like wtf

Yeah Alistar is pretty much the support to go nowadays. I don't know about diamond and up, but he's not played that much in other ELOs considering how good he's doing. I have heard plats that said he was useless just one week ago.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the awesome signature!
Pantheon loves singing Adele
AceStarZero
<Member>
AceStarZero's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 9:43pm | Report
Alot of effort put into this - Nice work

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide