Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 404 of 431
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2016 6:00pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
The Swain changes don't promote tanky builds, quite the opposite: most directions they took with his kit is to make him buy AP and to make him more relevant lategame.

It still feels like he might have a hard time with earlymidgame, definitely harder than pre 6.9 but I'm curious about these changes and how they'll affect them. Riot also pretty much officially stated they expect people to max Q on him first now, although I still find it somewhat..unreliable, so I don't know.

However, if you do the math, a swain with like 700 AP lategame will heal for 60% + 70% = 130% of damage dealt with R. That's no joke. And his E will deal ~170 + 700 damage over time.

Roa - Zhonya - Rabadon, get used to a worse lane phase and more passive positioning then become a monster.

well at the very least i guess you can build tank and be like, who cares if i don't do any damage to you. I still heal for a flat amount anyway.

i suppose i was looking specifically at the ult when i made that statement, not considering the other spells or anything.

and, is swain healing based on pre-mitigation or post-mitigation damages?

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2016 6:09pm | Report
The problem still remains that he will heal less until level 16 than before these changes if you don't gain significant AP. Also, Swain will heal more the more damage he deals, always; that's one of the reasons WotA was subpar on him - healing mitigated by it being AoE + not decent enough AP.

His healing is post-mitigation, otherwise the ult would have to explicitly state it ignored mitigation.
bulkyoutube
<Member>
bulkyoutube's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2016 3:11am | Report
Thank you for this post
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2016 10:40am | Report
I haven't seen a single swain since the hotfix nor have I heard of anyone playing him seriously, so I cannot comment on that yet. I will update for the hotfix sometime around the weekend.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2016 11:44am | Report
thoughts on kassadin in this current meta?

I played him a few games, and I seem to struggle, being unable to do much pre 6 is a serious damper in my ELO, where it's difficult to win games if I don't influence every lane early.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2016 12:36pm | Report
Shuru wrote:
thoughts on kassadin in this current meta?

I played him a few games, and I seem to struggle, being unable to do much pre 6 is a serious damper in my ELO, where it's difficult to win games if I don't influence every lane early.

I've played him once since 6.9 changes vs. a Vlad in Top lane. I killed the Vlad as soon as I hit level 6. However after that I struggled against his wave clear and the amount of damage he seemed to be afflicting on me despite my passive and going Catalyst into Abyssal (I didn't know about the bonus damage on his third Q at the time). Since he was pushing I couldn't roam and the rest of my team was getting crushed so the best I could manage was a double kill in the one team fight we had were we got some champions low.

He took a significant hit in terms of AP on what I consider his core items (RoA, Hourglass, and Abyssal though some might question the later as core), however he gained some CDR, which is nice...kind of...only kind of because Force Pulse and Riftwalk are still gated the way they are gated. But maybe that just means his core itemization needs to change somewhat.

I believe Joxuu has been having some success on him going a bruiser build ( Sunfire Aegis, Iceborn Gauntlet, etc.,.) in Top lane.

I generally have the most success with Kass when my jungler camps my lane after I hit level 3. The slow on Force Pulse is silly strong and almost always results in an easy kill with jungler help.
h4Rpyy
<Member>
h4Rpyy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2016 4:05am | Report
I do not understand why Akali is Tier 4 on Top- and Midlane. Akali is definitely Tier 3, maybe Tier 2!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2016 4:35am | Report
h4Rpyy wrote:
I do not understand why Akali is Tier 4 on Top- and Midlane. Akali is definitely Tier 3, maybe Tier 2!

Perhaps she is, but not in high elo. I am in no position to explain why, since I don't play her/vs her often enough, but h4x might.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2016 4:52am | Report
Akali has a weak laning phase that can be exploited by most assassins and mages (both long range mages, and short range mages)

Her laning phase got weakened by the lack of spellvamp items now that Hextech Revolver doesn't give sustain now either. I think tier 4 is a fine placement for her
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2016 4:57am | Report
Akali is currently probably one of the worst pre-6 solo laners in the game, going tanky or not. Her harass/attempt at trading pre-6 is laughably easy to play around and exploit, she farms poorly, she's easy to gank and doesn't offer much if her allied jungler is ganking.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide