Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Karma rocks... who's with me?!

Creator: Mrs Warboys October 17, 2011 10:19pm
1 2 3
Mrs Warboys
<Member>
Mrs Warboys's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:19pm | Report
Been playing Karma a lot recently. She's awesome and I have no idea why people don't really play her more. Is it purely because of her lack of hard CC? She has a heal AND a shield, she can kite like a boss and her passive just makes her a monster at all stages of the game. The queen of baiting. On top of that, she has 2 highly damaging easy-to-hit AoE spells, with her Spirit Bond being another AoE (although I rarely use it for damage purposes). Her heal is disgusting, by end game you're healing around 13-15% of missing health on your whole team, coupled with shields that easily reach the 600-700 damage mark.

I suppose she doesn't fit the current metagame very well (she's awesome at farming and is insanely effective with a Deathcap), but I bet one day the common man will realize that Karma is boss and supports don't have to play like little wusses anymore ;)

When the metagame asks for an AP bruiser with mega support capabilities, Karma will be God Tier ;)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:21pm | Report
its because karma needs farm and everyone crys if their support even looks at a creep.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:22pm | Report
Ooh, OOH! MEMEMEMEMEMEME!!
:3
I picked her up before she was... "mainstream"

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:25pm | Report
^True, Lugi is kind of the Karma spokesman.

Personally I don't find her bad, just a little outclassed by other supports (in the supportive area) and AP carries (in the damage area). There are a couple other champions with similar roles, like Morgana, Orianna, and Lux. I find them to be more effective.

Sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes. If you love Karma, then play her. Simple as that.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Mrs Warboys
<Member>
Mrs Warboys's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:33pm | Report
In the current metagame, I can imagine sticking her solo top, then having a more tanky based support at bot (Leona, Maokai, Alistar) could be viable. Basically you lose a farmed tanky DPS (Singed, Jarvan, Rumble, whoever is usually solo top) but you gain crazy team fight sustain and pushing power, as well as damage that's not to be sniffed at. AP Mid and Jungle stay the same.

Then again, I've never been allowed to solo top as Karma... maybe she can't hold her own against a Cho'gath or something. Although, I can imagine she does well. Big shield, regular heals. Once she hits 6-7 she can just wipe out creep waves with her E(R) + Q combo.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:34pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Ooh, OOH! MEMEMEMEMEMEME!!
:3
I picked her up before she was... "mainstream"
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:41pm | Report
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I 1v2'd a Karma (and Renekton or something) in solo top as either Malphite or Cho'Gath (I forget). Her sustain is pretty annoying, but with consistent harass, Mantra can't keep her sustained for very long. She gets low pretty quickly, even with an ally to help her.

Obviously a 1v1 lane would be different, but I think she'd be a bit too vulnerable to take on most solo tops. Especially aggressive ones like Renekton or Talon.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:44pm | Report
Talon shuts her down like any mage.

1v1, vs a melee with no jump, she's a beast. Shield harass when they last hit and deny it? OKAY!
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 10:56pm | Report
Seriously, hitting a creep with an explosive shield is hilarious. Her heal isn't fantastic, but she plays a stronger AP then most. Plus that shield is so damn strong.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 1:00am | Report
Karma is awesome solo top, she can win literally every lane she's up against and wins teamfights midgame alone with her huge teamfight presence(Strong burst, heal and shield and mass speedbuff/slow lol sup). Only bad thing about her is that she falls off lategame quite alot.

Oh, and she's the queen of trolls. Kite ppl with 1hp all day and laugh your *** off at them dying.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide