Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

to hotshotgg

Creator: darkmaster7 October 23, 2011 9:56am
87 posts - page 1 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
darkmaster7
<Member>
darkmaster7's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 9:56am | Report
ive seen your streams now that you satrted playing nidalee again can you update your build
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 10:02am | Report
He doesn't even hang around here anymore really.

Honestly, we have the worst "pros" affiliated with the site that we could have gotten.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 10:35am | Report
Yup, they haven't updated any of the guides in months.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 10:39am | Report
None of them do. Too busy streaming all damn day and getting paid for it......They don't have time to update their over-rated guides....Or should I say builds with "my opinions and choices are better than your opinions and choices" comments written in place of ACTUAL content that could be deemed useful.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 1:40pm | Report
No, it's because this community *****ed them out on a frequent basis for not having pretty enough guides, so they peaced out.

Are you kidding? Lol. Any pro would have quickly stopped making guides. Example, on SoloMid, the readers are much more supportive and enthusiastic to get the opinions on the pros. It's an enjoyable experience for everyone, the pro's make the guides and the news take the information they get and are appreciative of it. On MobaFire, everyone's a professional critique with an opinion. (There are those that did take the information given gracefully and showed their appreciation. Others were sarcastic smart *** losers, and those are the ones who drove the pros away.)

This is a fact, many of the pros complained for a week or two on their live streams about how ******ed they think this community is because of the way they were received and spoken to when their guides were released.

I don't blame them for not updating their guides. People would just piss on them again anyway and complain and cry for a more aesthetically pleasing guide.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 1:44pm | Report
/agree with Jeffy.

I can live without aesthetics. I won't tolerate just a build with like 1 sentence about masteries. That's not helpful at all.

I can agree with Duff though when he says that a lot of people gave the pros a harder time than they deserved. It's perfectly possible to ask for more in-depth information without being insulting.

I think things might have gone a lot smoother if Pro Guides were in a separate section from day 1. All most people saw were pros getting an outrageously high rating with normal builds and extremely brief guides.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 1:54pm | Report
I say they deserve a high rating, no matter how brief the guide is, because the information is irrefutably correct.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 1:58pm | Report
what information?

90% of the explanation for doing anything is 'because im a pro listen to me ******' and gets upvoted 50 bajillion times.

a good build does not make you a good player. the pro builds do not help your skills at all. that is the point in making guides, making people who read them and follow them a better player. not the same player with a better build.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 2:06pm | Report
Not to mention that the builds (I'm thinking of the more recent Kennen build) are absolutely nothing new. They may be "the best" builds, but that doesn't make the guide more precious if the build is the exact same as other guides.

I would totally support the pro guides if they actually put some useful information in the guide portion. Builds are great, but without an actual guide there's not much you can gain from it, which is disappointing (many builds are situational anyway).

Since the pro guides have their own section, I don't see the point in a score at all, actually. Who are they competing with? Themselves?
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 2:07pm | Report
And then you watch (was it Saintviscious?) play every single champ+commentary and then try to play Tryn using Mocking Shout as "a way to counter their last hits, I'm maxing this first"...Then you start to realize 85% of what they say is "irrefuteable" the other 15% is something else....

I'm not saying Moba isn't full of people like Duffy mentioned...I'm sure I can be one of them...But that doesn't stop the fact that they didn't put effort into their guides. They just copy pasted what they had on solomid here and then expected us to just...Ya know "accept" it...When mobafire is all about the "in-depth" guides and has a coding system that now effectively allows users to get EXTREMELY visual with guides. They look good, have good info? They get upvoted...If not...Well then they're archived or in the trash :/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide