Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

to hotshotgg

Creator: darkmaster7 October 23, 2011 9:56am
87 posts - page 6 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:24pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I've had to explain and re-explain a lot of things from my own guides. Obviously I don't get as much traffic as a pro would, but if I WERE a pro, I would probably write a thorough guide instead of just posting a build.

And they wouldn't have to explain why the guide is short if they made the guide longer. O.o

There is no benefit to a pro writing a 50 page guide instead of a 2 page guide.

The 2 page guide is more efficient, and relays all of the information that separates that champion or that item choice from other champions or item choices.

You shouldn't have to include extremely rudimentary information in your guide like "This ability does this!" because all of that information is implied to be known, as the person that is reading your guide owns and plays the champion you are writing it for.
Tri lane for life.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:26pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Yea... About that. I've seen Hybrid Xin almost win a 1v1 wit ha 2 level disadvantage.
People don't have to be built one way, 100% of the time.

How is that any sort of argument in your favour?

ALMOST is the key word there, hence, he lost the fight. There's also no context at all, for example, if it was an AoE based champion they were 1v1ing, or if that player was bad, had his ult down, both summoners down, the lot. Champions don't need to be built that way, but there's reasoning for it. It's proven by basic maths that one build is better than the other - don't assume that from one single experience that hybrid Xin is a viable pick.

That's like saying -
"Shaco can kill any non-boss creep in the game at level 1 really fast without taking any damage - he must be overpowered!" It's all about the context, if someone would've popped his boxes then he would be screwed.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:31pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

But here's the thing.

They're both viable functions for different reasons.

Trinity/Manamune is physical caster skill spammer.

I.E. is straight AD carry build. :P

So it takes a player with a wealth of experience in playing the champions to point out the minor details in regards to a champion. Corki was previously one of my mains, and I always did the Manamune/Triforce build.

However, the AD carry builds work nicely as well.

That's part of my point, people will realise "He's a physical skill spammer" and build the two on him, and though (as you've said) the normal build works just fine on him (and can be (and has been) used in certain situations), the fact that he spams skills makes you realise "I bet X item would be viable because of Y reason!".

It does take a pro/experienced player, however, to explain what situations the manamune/triforce build would surpass the standard build on champions such as Corki - as you've said.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:34pm | Report
I love how all the pros MOBAfire has on it are overrated. I also love how the community looks up to them as gods.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:38pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

How is that any sort of argument in your favour?

ALMOST is the key word there, hence, he lost the fight. There's also no context at all, for example, if it was an AoE based champion they were 1v1ing, or if that player was bad, had his ult down, both summoners down, the lot. Champions don't need to be built that way, but there's reasoning for it. It's proven by basic maths that one build is better than the other - don't assume that from one single experience that hybrid Xin is a viable pick.

That's like saying -
"Shaco can kill any non-boss creep in the game at level 1 really fast without taking any damage - he must be overpowered!" It's all about the context, if someone would've popped his boxes then he would be screwed.

Here's the thing. The guy playing Xin is a terrible player. level 24. Using tank masteries.Twitch was about full build. No one champion has to be built one way, all I'm sayin'.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:41pm | Report
The key word in that argument - "Twitch".

@Toshabi
I, in fact, hate looking up to pro players as gods. I hate Hotshot as a person, for example. I can, however, admit that he's one of the best players in the world (if not the best). It would be quite clear that if he made a guide, that's probably going to be the best way to build them - when they (quite clearly) have considerably more knowledge of the game than I do.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:42pm | Report
The Xin was also using CV as one of his spells. All skills/SS were off CD when the fight started. It was like... CV/exhaust. I don't think Xin ever used Exhaust. No other buffs were had. Did the same thing a while later under a turret.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:46pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

The Xin was also using CV as one of his spells. All skills/SS were off CD when the fight started. It was like... CV/exhaust. I don't think Xin ever used Exhaust. No other buffs were had. Did the same thing a while later under a turret.

Xin is one of the best duelists in the game.

He most likely had enough attack speed and damage to just kill the twitch without dying to twitch's burst.
Tri lane for life.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:49pm | Report
Give me 5 minutes or so. I'll get his item setup.

He had 2 AS items and he was level 11.

Gunblade, Zerks, dagger, sheen.
True love is found only in yourself.
Queso
<Member>
Queso's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:50pm | Report

ive seen your streams now that you satrted playing nidalee again can you update your build

I'm fairly certain that they are going to host guides on their own site soonish.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide