Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

A thought I had about Viktor...

Creator: RCIX May 7, 2012 10:39am
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:22am | Report
LeBlanc is no way an AP Carry.

By saying AP Carry I exactly mean someone with strong magic DPS like Karthus, Cass, Anivia and such.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:24am | Report
albableat wrote:

LeBlanc is no way an AP Carry.

wat.jpg
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:24am | Report
wtf

what is leblanc then
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:25am | Report
AP Assassin?
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:26am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

You are so completely wrong that I don't know what to say.

Only a select few APs, mostly those that focus on DPS over burst, scale well into lategame compared to AD carries. For example, Ryze, Vladimir and Karthus. AP carries are generally at their strongest in midgame, where their burst allows them to easily pick up kills.

You have a guide for Leblanc, you should know better than anyone how poorly burst AP scales into lategame teamfights.

I knew I couldn't be the only one who felt this way.
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:26am | Report
I'll explain later, if you guys really need it...

g2g now
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:29am | Report
albableat wrote:

AP Assassin?

Now you're just arguing semantics. She goes mid, she builds AP, she attempts to carry the game by bursting people down and snowballing your team early in the game. She is an AP carry by the definition used by most players.

If you're saying only lategame DPS mages can be classed as AP carries then you're saying there's only about five true AP carries in the game.
ConMasterFlash
<Member>
ConMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:48am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

If you're saying only lategame DPS mages can be classed as AP carries then you're saying there's only about five true AP carries in the game.

I completely agree. Part of the reason you send an AP mid is so they can get their mid game advantage fast. LoL would be boring if AD champs and AP champs had the same power curve.
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 1:11pm | Report
Yes, i'm pretty much saying that there are not much AP Carries in the game.

Here's how I view midlane picks for myself:

I perceive the term "AP Carry" as someone with significant impact on the teamfight with either high, PERSISTENT AoE damage, heavy CC or both.

Therefore, as pure AP Carries I would list the following:
Ahri, Anivia, Brand, Cassio, Gragas, Karthus, Kat, Kennen, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Ori, Ryze, Swain, TF, Veigar, Viktor, Vlad, Ziggs.

And tell me who out of the above doesn't scale into lategame??? With exception for Kat maybe... And if she's played well, she scales crazily good as well.

Other example of midlaner would be support'ish carry that sets up kills for the team, while still dealing significant amount of damage.

Janna, Karma, Lux, Lulu and basically any other support built with AP

Someone like Akali, Fizz, Kass or LeBlanc
would be an example of an AP assassin. Their job is to kill one person, most important target. They have the mobility and burst for doing so, but they aren't as good in teamfights after killing the initial target.
And then you don't care if you die or not, if you contribute to tf or not... It just doesn't matter, you did your job. If you live, even better.

Their lategame scaling is different. They still can kill, but they are limited to single targets.

Alternatively there are AD casters/assassins like Talon, Lee Sin or Pant. Same role as an aforementioned AP Assassin, just scales off AD.

I don't understand where am I wrong???
I think it's just a misunderstanding.
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 1:15pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
Now you're just arguing semantics. She goes mid, she builds AP, she attempts to carry the game by bursting people down and snowballing your team early in the game. She is an AP carry by the definition used by most players.

And you are saying that anyone who builds AP can be classed as AP carries? That's just about everyone who has at least two AP ratios...

Anyways, read my explanation above. I hope it will makes things clear about what I call an AP carry.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide