Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A Veteran Parts Ways...

Creator: Pelikins May 14, 2012 10:25am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:24am | Report
If you instituted number 1, then voting influx would drop like a rock. We want more votes not less. More votes = more accuracy.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
MasterShorty
<Member>
MasterShorty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 10:29am | Report
DUDE YES! I have to agree that most of the top guides are not the best. Just look to my "Wriggles, always Wriggles" forum thread.
JUNGLE AMUMU BAYBAY!!!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:23am | Report
Mowen wrote:

More votes = more accuracy.

i dont think this is necessarily true
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 12:32pm | Report
It's true. ;)

It's like with research... larger sample size = more accuracy. More data means you can better reflect the general populace's opinion, and the score stops fluctuating as much when you have more votes.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 12:35pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

i dont think this is necessarily true

Statistically it is. But that doesn't mean it will hit well on every guide. But I can't help but think that if you cull some out you might get better accuracy. Problem is that my way of thinking is elitistic since I don't count every vote as equal worth ;p
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 12:38pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Statistically it is. But that doesn't mean it will hit well on every guide. But I can't help but think that if you cull some out you might get better accuracy. Problem is that my way of thinking is elitistic since I don't count every vote as equal worth ;p

I don't know why we would value statistical accuracy over quality accuracy ( i guess that's what you would call it?)
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 12:56pm | Report
i would rather have 5 pros vote on a guide than 1000 noobs if thats what you're getting at here

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 12:58pm | Report
Because it is easy to say that statistical accuracy is fair and quality accuracy is a result created to appease someone. Basically saying that before qualitative accuracy can be better than statistical accuracy we need to agree what attributes in a voter means a quality vote ;)
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 1:03pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

i would rather have 5 pros vote on a guide than 1000 noobs if thats what you're getting at here

Somewhere there, but how to find the good players in the world of mediocre or even bad?

Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 1:36pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Because it is easy to say that statistical accuracy is fair and quality accuracy is a result created to appease someone. Basically saying that before qualitative accuracy can be better than statistical accuracy we need to agree what attributes in a voter means a quality vote ;)

you wouldn't have to go far to find what aren't attributes in a quality vote
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide