Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A Veteran Parts Ways...

Creator: Pelikins May 14, 2012 10:25am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 6:49am | Report
^Actually, troll votes could be moderated. The responsibility of reading and checking "troll votes" should be spread to veterans so we can help out. The mods deal with too much stuff (when/if they choose to log on), if us vets could help out with "troll votes" more members would be helped instead of being ignored or redirected to the "What are troll votes and can I get them removed" thread.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:04am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

^Actually, troll votes could be moderated. The responsibility of reading and checking "troll votes" should be spread to veterans so we can help out. The mods deal with too much stuff (when/if they choose to log on), if us vets could help out with "troll votes" more members would be helped instead of being ignored or redirected to the "What are troll votes and can I get them removed" thread.

You can't moderate troll posts.

You can't objectify a subjective thing, it doesn't work like that.
Tri lane for life.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:09am | Report
If you want to leave, leave.
If you want to rant about moderators doing a piss-poor job, just make a thread in the support forums.

All I ask is that you do not make statements about things you know nothing of. Read what Temzilla said about troll-votes. They are impossible to prove, even if it just says "I like pancakes". They still have their opinion, but you can't force constructive criticism.

Good bye.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:15am | Report
No, you can't force constructive criticism, but you CAN treat the concerned party like human beings instead of idiots. Not saying you do that personally, Scrax, but if people are upset with the way mods handle things, perhaps they have been mishandled.

It would probably take a load off of the mods if the vets could help out with reports.

Even if I'm saying the same thing 10000x to people who report "dis build lulz -1", at least they know that someone is listening. Occasionally people do come to me and ask what to do about troll votes. I try to explain things to them and tell them to read some forum topics. However, I doubt that mods/admin can spare the time to do this as I'm sure they receive reports like that all the time.

Mods don't need to moderate troll votes in the sense that they become undercover cops and track IP addresses, they just need help dealing with the reporters. Soothing their anxiety, telling them that there aren't a bunch of people making multiple accounts to downvote their guides, or getting their friends to bomb it.

That's just my opinion.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:18am | Report
cya
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 8:48am | Report
Scrax wrote:

If you want to leave, leave.
If you want to rant about moderators doing a piss-poor job, just make a thread in the support forums.

All I ask is that you do not make statements about things you know nothing of. Read what Temzilla said about troll-votes. They are impossible to prove, even if it just says "I like pancakes". They still have their opinion, but you can't force constructive criticism.

Good bye.

I'm understanding this point. And this is why i want to know why you guys just don't leave comment to vote on... IT would really prove who's trolling. I see no logical reason, beside you guys liking shy guys/girls, to remove comment to vote. Comment to vote, really stops trolls and shows proof if they are proving. For example if all mobafire guilds had this some random guy couldn't come log on and then downvote a guide with this comment "LUL" and then NEVER to show up again... So really, why not have comment to vote? Or what jhoijhoi said, have vets monitor the troll votes... There are so many ways we could do this, but you just saying what you said up above, is just really... Irresponsible in my opinion. Its like saying "Hey there's a problem on our website, and we are just going to ignore it". I'm not insulting, so don't take this the wrong way, but your response is just proving the point of the thread maker, in my opinion.
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 9:04am | Report
^ Because it causes inflated scores, guides get stuck at #1 and everyone is too afraid to downvote for fear of retaliation. Mobafire had permanent C2V once, before I was even a member.

That said, this still happens in the current system. :P
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 9:10am | Report
There has been a suggestion about an "anonymous c2v" alternative, and I like it. Either way we get the trolls and this way you can dv a guide without getting a back attack.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 9:21am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Cya tomorrow!

rofl

And I agree with Scrax of course. *modfist* Temzilla hit the nail on the head. You can't objectify subjective things.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 9:27am | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

I'm understanding this point. And this is why i want to know why you guys just don't leave comment to vote on... IT would really prove who's trolling. I see no logical reason, beside you guys liking shy guys/girls, to remove comment to vote. Comment to vote, really stops trolls and shows proof if they are proving. For example if all mobafire guilds had this some random guy couldn't come log on and then downvote a guide with this comment "LUL" and then NEVER to show up again... So really, why not have comment to vote? Or what jhoijhoi said, have vets monitor the troll votes... There are so many ways we could do this, but you just saying what you said up above, is just really... Irresponsible in my opinion. Its like saying "Hey there's a problem on our website, and we are just going to ignore it". I'm not insulting, so don't take this the wrong way, but your response is just proving the point of the thread maker, in my opinion.

Dat's bs since you could just trollvote back.
C2V are 20 SAFE votes you will almost always get 20 positive ones if your guide is good.
Since your guide can't be that good and there are ALWAYS people that disagree since it's objective thinking turning it off after 20 votes is just fair.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide