Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A Veteran Parts Ways...

Creator: Pelikins May 14, 2012 10:25am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 2:49pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Most people only ever read/comment on the top 2-3 guides.

my point is still valid.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 2:54pm | Report
As is mine.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 3:03pm | Report
So what should/could be done about it to make it better? Personally I like to read through all the guides when I'm at work for my favorite champions. Especially guides that have tips but I don't often vote on any of them because I feel like I'm not that great of a League player to have an informed opinion on what is a 'good' build. If a guide has lots of content that makes sense, I'm apt to upvote it, but that's about it. I like content on how to play the champion more than a build because to me, builds are more situational to how your game is going. Not something that can be a build this to win every time. Guides that just have a build and nothing really going in-depth as to why those items are there or how to play the champ effectively don't intrigue me to the point where I want to vote on it.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 3:14pm | Report
It's a shame you're leaving. No moderator will close this thread, mods focus on closing threads with heated arguments and namecalling. The thing is, it's hard to prove if someone is making alt accouts just to downvote your guide. Do you realise how hard that would be to do? They'd either have to download a program to change their IP, or they'd have to go to a different house, make an account and downvote.

No random person on the internet is going to bother making alt accounts just to downvote guides.

Anyway, I'm sorry you feel this way. Maybe in the future MobaFire will have better guides and a nicer "voting" community.

Good luck wherever you go :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Turbo Punz
<Member>
Turbo Punz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 3:39pm | Report
Although I've only been a member for about three months I gotta say I hate to see a guy like him leaving. With this I'm also scared that our current (high-up) members will also not leave. I'd hate to see people like Jhoijhoi, GrandmasterD and every other good MOBAfire mate leave.

LETS HOPE FOR A BETTER TOMORROW <3 <3

LOL don't think I forgot about you Luther3000 (and everyone else)
Worst time to give the wrong impression on the community. :)

Sexy General Odd-Bro is Sexy

+Rep me if you found anything helpful from me

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the beautiful signaures

Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 4:25pm | Report
Hmms... Thats sad your leaving. From my knowledge, Castermatser, MajorLoL, Mikuroo, and a few others have left also. Though they haven't completely left, they have showed there uninterest in the site because of the trolls, and how it is operated by the mods. I really wish that trolls could be stopped, and put to an end. However that just won't happen, because everyone will hate. Someone will dislike your opinion, someone will always tell you "I'm right you're wrong" etc. Its sad really... The only thing one can do, is hope that the community can get better, but that is also asking for alot, since naturally people love seeing others misery etc.
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 4:33pm | Report
I've never taken MOBAfire guides seriously (especially the top rated ones) so I never have to run into the disappointing problems that you faced OP. That's why I mingle with the community rather than with the guides, because I learned that shortly after critiquing guides on here, people think downvoters are trolls despite the advice they give and upvoters are the 1900 ELO guys who genuinely like their guide for what it is.
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 4:58pm | Report
Nope, 1900 ELO guys? I usually upvote, but the community of trolls and troll voters have forced me to downvote at least 7 times D:
Anyway, my ELO is around 1k... ELO hell....

The community sucks right now, people troll and troll vote. The good guides have no comment to vote on them because they are the generaly new people. Sigh, these guys....
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 5:02pm | Report
Wait a minute, someone brings up a legit problem and people get + rep for jokes. I understand why this community is getting worse and worse...

Take away the ****ing rep+ system so people understand how to use words...
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 5:07pm | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

my point is still valid.

So you would look at my TF build because it is #10?
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide