Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

All new difficulty levels for Season 5 (in order)

Creator: MyBloodisBlack October 20, 2014 4:19pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2014 2:31pm | Report

1.Make Champions Difficulties
2.Make them Wrong
4.Profit

#OverUsedJoke

Morg is pretty easy tbh, Riot employees have even confirmed it, Black Shield has a high skillcap but just using it takes no skill.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2014 2:45pm | Report
i think what some of you arnt getting is that the only people that should be looking at the difficulty ratings are players under level 30

timing black shield isnt important when youre level 10 and the thresh youre playing against cant even land a hook, what is important is that you can press R, see the obvious range indicator, and get the stun off your non-skillshot ult
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2014 10:55pm | Report
The problem with Morg is she's broken because of the snare.
And if you fix her by reducing the snare width she now can miss snares and becomes harder. =/=
Also her ult is pretty difficult too (at least as support) before you get a Zhonyas or a few items.

Basically MOBAFire.
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2014 6:56am | Report
The problem with Morg is she's broken because of the snare.
And if you fix her by reducing the snare width she now can miss snares and becomes harder. =/=
Also her ult is pretty difficult too (at least as support) before you get a Zhonyas or a few items.

Use Black Shield on yourself before casting your ult. Your goal isn't really to stun as many people as you can, its to deter them from getting stunned, basically zoning and peeling them.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2014 1:05pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Thanks for putting the list together :) It's interesting to see which champions Riot thinks are difficult to play.

Lesson Learned: Don't pay attention to what Riot's measurement scheme is.
If you want to help me, teach me.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2014 2:00pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:
i think what some of you arnt getting is that the only people that should be looking at the difficulty ratings are players under level 30

timing black shield isnt important when youre level 10 and the thresh youre playing against cant even land a hook, what is important is that you can press R, see the obvious range indicator, and get the stun off your non-skillshot ult

yeah but I don't think there has ever been a full random team of real level 10's since season 1 with more and more smurfs accounts being made every day

but I do get the reasoning behind some of it like putting Morgana at level 1 super easy kit, but some champions just have so much to offer. Like Lee Sin being able to ward jump and combo everything. Also I think it's noteworthy to point out that Lee sin was/is one of the most reported champions in the game, well at least according to this Reddit Post and I don't necessarily think it's because a high number of toxic players main Lee. I think it's more likely due to a large number of players don't play him correctly "LEE why kick him away he would have died!" "Why kick the tank into us LEE WTF" "Ward jump and smite steal that BARON WTF" "This Lee is blind" "Nice Kick Lee WTF" are some of the things I could see a Lee getting reported for by a salty team-mate.

Which is my theory as to why I think he ends up in the tribunal more then other champions.

So by all means in my honest opinion even though Lee's Kit is simple to understand pulling it all off correctly takes time to master so I don't think his difficulty should be 6. When it should be 10 or at least 9. I can see why Singed is ranked level 10 but there is no good reason he should be ranked higher then Lee. But then again if I had a dollar for every time someone yelled at me for throwing the wrong person in aram I would have about 5 dollars, and I have only played him about 8 times in aram

#AlwaysReroll
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2014 4:04pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

Actually I do agree with Dillbutt on this, once you get around level 30 and have gained experience playing the Difficulty bar merely becomes a suggestion more than anything.

I mean I know there is alot of players who will see the likes of lets say Katarina (Level 8) or for me someone like Janna (Level 7) as easy as a level 1-4.

I suppose this list is aimed towards more new players I guess
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2014 5:00pm | Report
Also I think it's noteworthy to point out that Lee sin was/is one of the most reported champions in the game, well at least according to this Reddit Post and I don't necessarily think it's because a high number of toxic players main Lee. I think it's more likely due to a large number of players don't play him correctly

I really doubt it, otherwise actual hard champs like Viktor or Elise would be at the top of the list. If you notice, pretty much every champ on the top 15 is/was a FOTM, high damage carry, and champs like Lee, Zed, and Vayne who are known for making big plays. Think about the mentality of the people who go into these games wanting to make their Insec/Faker/Doublelift plays, get 20 kills every game, and carry. That's probably why they got reported, not because they perform poorly.

or for me someone like Janna (Level 7) as easy as a level 1-4.

No, level 30s should take the higher ratings to heart too. Champs like Azir, Shaco, and Janna can be difficult as all hell for level 30s to play. Especially Shaco and Janna, they're literally useless if they're not good. Especially Janna, I hate people who pick her under mid plat. I've literally never seen a Janna or TF that didn't lose the game for their team below mid Plat.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2014 10:35am | Report
I honestly think that playing Janna isn't that hard compared to playing Thresh for example. Doing perfect with her requires both a lot of skill, prediction mechanics and decent teammates, but everyone can stop a dashing Leona or disengage with Howling Gale.

Then you just have to know when to apply Eye of the Storm and be constantly on your guard for trades and be a bit creative to use Monsoon properly.

I think that if you make sure you never charge Howling Gale, never use Eye of the Storm on yourself and know that you should apply it on the carry during trades and after AD abilities are fired, and never channel Monsoon, that you are already capable of not losing the game, that is not dying over and over. I have played two ranked games with Janna this season and we won both games, and I'm Silver 1. Doing well is definitely something else of course, and I realize that two games are not something you could base anything on, but here are two Jannas under mid plat that didn't lose the game.

EDIT: I do realize that you are speaking figuratively when you say you've never seen one. I hope that doesn't distract anyone from the rest of my post.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Firehusary
<Member>
Firehusary's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 8:06am | Report
I really can't understand why MF and Morg are called by Rito the easiest champions. But maybe that's me, I never had a problems with guessing champ playstyle.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide