Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Am I missing something?

Creator: Kazega September 19, 2012 6:54am
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 10:43am | Report
Fun trick that might make some bit of difference.
Geg a Zhonya's Hourglass. Yes I know that if you activate it during lotus the lotus stops, but the way all these kinds of teamfights works is, find the champ with the stupid OP AOE nuke ulti ( Fiddlesticks, Nunu & Willump, Kennen, Katarina, et cetera) and the instant he starts pulling his shenanigans jump all over his balls and crush crush crush until there is nothing left in a vain hope that you can kill him before the last 2 ticks wipes your entire team out. Oftentimes it doesnt work like that, lag in reaction times and whatnot means that the champ generally DOESNT die until a good couple of seconds after the ult is over. Another fun piece of LoL psychology is that people tend to stop attacking the person who is covered in gold and singing the song if invincibility to them, and even if they don't thats two seconds of wasted damage that ISNT spent on the other people on your team who are busy beating their distracted faces in thanks to your massive **** filled aggro. Even after zhyona's active is spent generally the opposing team's attention goes to the next biggest threat, and you can gtfo skipping and laughing your way back to base as you watch your assists rack up.

Edit: Relevant video that makes my point crystal clear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQAxR3SFuw
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 10:58am | Report
I hate it when I get riled up to the point where I make these threads. because I can't think clearly I ust rant about every little thing and I don't try to focus the discussion.....

The thing I was trying to get at mainly was the fact that I might not be getting some non gameplay elements like communication, efficient team compositions, which champions are best late game and which are better early game. The lesser known knowledge bits. should I even be worrying about something like this at my level?
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Hyogetaki Hisame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 11:40am | Report
Well, the first thing I did when I began my training month was to actually learn how to adapt to a team comp in solo queue, worked on my farm and my positioning too. This helped me get more wins than losses lately.

( Came back in normal from 300 win for 337 defeats to a 405 wins for 402 defeats).

For that I use team builder if I am third, fourth or fifth pick.

If i am first or second pick, I get a tanky champ with strong initiate, they usually work with most teams.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 11:46am | Report
*wink* the link in my sig *wink*
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 11:58am | Report
^reported
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 12:06pm | Report

^reported

tell me where it's against the rules to wink someone to another thread.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 12:17pm | Report
polse it's jeffy you noob

@Kazega

I can go over this more if you're on NA atm or soon, but at your elo I wouldn't give a **** if your team wins teamfights but you die. Pick a champion who can carry lategame (Jax being a prime example) and then be selfish. Take those kills for yourself, take all the farm from all the lanes, take the jungle from both yours and theirs. Then carry the game. If you can't carry the game, go back to the basics, learn how to position yourself, learn how to focus their squishies without getting blown up by their team, hell, learn when to teamfight and when to trade objectives.

If you can figure out this kind of stuff, you can get free wins np :)

o added btw

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 12:42pm | Report
Learn to play kat like me
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards