Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 1: Bot lane]

Creator: Vynertje April 9, 2014 12:29am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What lane would you like to see next week?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 1:37pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

High risk - super high reward. Jarvan has MASSIVE damage early game but his EQ is easily interrupted by something like a thresh flay, or just sidestepped. He's really vulnerable to poke and doesn't get that tanky without items.

On a different note, his late game as a support isn't as devastating as Leona.

Jarvan is like Leona but you trade damage for CC. He also offers some nice poke through Dragon Strike. Overall I've been really succesful with it.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 1:50pm | Report

Jarvan is like Leona but you trade damage for CC. He also offers some nice poke through Dragon Strike. Overall I've been really succesful with it.

Would like to add that he's less tanky than Leona because he doesn't have any massive resistance seriods, making him as risky as he is.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 2:31pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Would like to add that he's less tanky than Leona because he doesn't have any massive resistance seriods, making him as risky as he is.

His W grants him up to 510 shield though, which is still pretty neat, especially combined with the free armour from E.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 2:41pm | Report

His W grants him up to 510 shield though, which is still pretty neat, especially combined with the free armour from E.

Yes but you're not maxing it till relatively late into the game and doesn't give that much all the time while you max leona W from the start making her super tanky really early on and it being a lot more reliable as well.

@ drakon136

my point exactly.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 2:42pm | Report
I'd say armor and magic resist that scale with armor and magic resist make you tankier than an unreliable, if powerful, shield.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 3:54pm | Report

Do you know the radius you have to be in to get the shield bonus? If the radius isn't large, it's pretty unlikely that you're going to get a 5-man worth of shield and you'll probably only get a 2-man equivalent shield.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 3:54pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
  • People below Diamond are allowed to answer questions, but always take such answers with a grain of salt. You can recognize diamond players by their flairs, next to their username.
  • I will try to keep a list of all previously answered questions!

I think you should have a list of diamond+ MobaFire members, listed via their ranking. This would help users if two diamond players have a disagreement about something (Diamond I or Challenger, for example, would be more knowledgeable than Diamond V). This could also work as a credits section as active diamond members answer questions - a way to promote their profile pages and thus their guides.

Definitely keep the OP updated with previous questions.

Too bad Q&A isn't an "embed" sort of code; it'd make the forums more interesting.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 4:04pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Do you know the radius you have to be in to get the shield bonus? If the radius isn't large, it's pretty unlikely that you're going to get a 5-man worth of shield and you'll probably only get a 2-man equivalent shield.

I'm pretty sure the range is identical to sight range.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 4:20pm | Report

I'm pretty sure the range is identical to sight range.

Did some research and the radius on his shield's slow is 600 so assuming that if you get hit by the slow, you'll be counted as a "nearby enemy" so I think its safe to call it 600.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 4:26pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Did some research and the radius on his shield's slow is 600 so assuming that if you get hit by the slow, you'll be counted as a "nearby enemy" so I think its safe to call it 600.

Source?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide